• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 384931

I am not an American, but I wanna wish you a happy Thanksgiving. I think we should be grateful that we can discuss this wonderful anime together. While we dissagree sometimes, that doesnt mean we dont want the same: episodes we can laugh, be interested in, etc....

We are Anipoke-fans:we do not discriminate, hate others or slam creators. We are here together to enjoy pokemon from 1995 until now and far beyond that.

I wish you a happy Thanksgiving!

KenzeyEevee
From Belgium

esquilo09

It's supposed to refer to how Gengar looks like in the games where the purple is lighter than Gengar in the anime until Ash's Gengar. Although that term is only really unnecessarily used by one person on this forum. The top image here is what Gengar used to look like (has been since it's debut from the OS) prior to JN011
800px-Gengar_JN002.png

And this is what Gengar now looks like in the anime after Ash's Gengar debuted in JN011 which is supposedly a callback to what Gengar in the games look like where the purple is lighter unlike the anime which originally had Dark Purple.
800px-Ash_Gengar.png

Why did they truly change it tho? Who knows tbh.
Well, one person also unnecesarily calls Dragonite "Barney", so I'm calling it Core-Gengar until we see another light purple Gengar in the anime.

Red and Blue

I am not an American, but I wanna wish you a happy Thanksgiving. I think we should be grateful that we can discuss this wonderful anime together. While we dissagree sometimes, that doesnt mean we dont want the same: episodes we can laugh, be interested in, etc....

We are Anipoke-fans:we do not discriminate, hate others or slam creators. We are here together to enjoy pokemon from 1995 until now and far beyond that.

KenzeyEevee
From Belgium
Happy Thanksgiving. Too bad there still is no Turkey Pokémon

BobbbidyBob

KenzeyEevee
From Belgium
Awwwwww! Saaaame! We be the poke fam jam!

Leonhart

Imagineer
esquilo09 said:
Well, one person also unnecesarily calls Dragonite "Barney", so I'm calling it Core-Gengar until we see another light purple Gengar in the anime.

In that particular case, I think whoever that person is is simply being facetious. The whole "Core-Gengar" thing doesn't necessarily bother me: I just disagree with the reasoning behind its inception since there's only one Gangar around, so I don't see the need to draw specific attention to Satoshi's just because its hue is slightly lighter. I don't remember people giving Meltan a nickname despite it being in a similar situation, for example.

esquilo09

In that particular case, I think whoever that person is is simply being facetious. The whole "Core-Gengar" thing doesn't necessarily bother me: I just disagree with the reasoning behind its inception since there's only one Gangar around, so I don't see the need to draw specific attention to Satoshi's just because its hue is slightly lighter. I don't remember people giving Meltan a nickname despite it being in a similar situation, for example.
I don't remember either, but I'm calling Ash's Gengar of Core-Gengar rather they like it or not, and if someone wants to backlash me or yell at me or swear at me, go ahead, I don't care, I'm calling it Core-Gengar and that's that.

BobbbidyBob

I don't remember either, but I'm calling Ash's Gengar of Core-Gengar rather they like it or not, and if someone wants to backlash me or yell at me or swear at me, go ahead, I don't care, I'm calling it Core-Gengar and that's that.
Hahaha burrrnnnn

Observer

Mostly watching

KenzeyEevee
From Belgium

Thanks and like every year we will eat like a Munchlax and Sleep like a Snorlax, then we wake back up and eat like a Snorlax.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Would there really be any point in having another Sinnoh mon added to the seemingly large roster Ash will have this time around? Lucario pretty much settles for Sinnoh alone and I assume it’s something they wanted Ash to personally own for a longtime like alot of anipoke fans have as well. Unless they’re willing to being back Gible and eventually have it become a full fledged Garchomp (due to Garchomp’s strong popularity and marketability where its the most marketable pseudo) then I really just see any other Sinnoh additions to be a bit redundant. If anything, it’s Hoenn, Unova, and Johto (and at an extent Alola due to Naganadel not really being much of a true team member) that could use some strong representation on the roster right now if we’re talking old gen.

Status
Not open for further replies.