• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I said this in another thread but I think it's worth mentioning here

I'm honestly starting to believe Ash's 6th Pokémon will be Kubfu.

For the last 2 Series (XY and SM) Ash has had a Psuedo (Goodra) and an Ultra Beast (Naganadel) as his 6th Captures. Seeing as Ash is a Champion now I think it only makes sense for his 6th capture to be a Legendary in this series.

The writers don't care about overlaps and the fact that they've confirmed Bea is Ash's Main Rival in this series seems to tell me that Ash's them will be more Fighting Centric

Also notice how apart from Pikachu, Ash's only Non-Fighting types are Dragonite and Gengar? A Dragon/Flying Type and a Ghost Type that both have an Advantage/Resistance to Fighting Type Pokémon and thus make great counters

What do you guys think?

Ultra Beast Lover

I’d be impressed if they keep Bede’s jerk character in particular considering he’s a jerk rival which hasn’t been done in a long while in the anime and I assume they stopped doing them after they basically tried to do it again with Trip after the success of Paul but failed miserably.
Wait, Paul was a success? I thought a lot of people hated him

esquilo09

I noticed a Weavile's silhouette in Go's updated character intro, does this mean it is foreshadowing Go to catch a Weavile?(Fingers crossed)
I mean in his previous character intro there was a Flygon and Magikarp silhouette and he ended up catching two Magikarps(One regular sized and a giant) and a Flygon.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I noticed a Weavile's silhouette in Go's updated character, does this mean it is foreshadowing Go to catch a Weavile?(Fingers crossed)
I mean in his previous character intro there was a Flygon and Magikarp silhouette and he ended up catching two Magikarps(One regular sized and a giant) and a Flygon.
Obviously Not lmao. Those silhouettes never actually meant anything.

Master Pikachu 11

I noticed a Weavile's silhouette in Go's updated character intro, does this mean it is foreshadowing Go to catch a Weavile?(Fingers crossed)
No because there was one for Incineroar and we know that he ain’t getting that one when Ash’s is still present. He still could catch one, but Ash can also get it instead. We shall see! Also there was a Silhouette for Lucario in the last one as well and it went to Ash.

Leonhart

Imagineer
World Turtle said:
Golisopod.

I still don't think this'll happen since it's such a self-sabotaging species because of its Ability. I don't think a Pokemon that requires such skill and proper timing to manage would be a good choice for Satoshi in particular since I think it would likely do more harm than good in important battles.

Red and Blue

I still don't think this'll happen since it's such a self-sabotaging species because of its Ability. I don't think a Pokemon that requires such skill and proper timing to manage would be a good choice for Satoshi in particular since I think it would likely do more harm than good in important battles.
I'm sure Ash would be able to overcome Golisopod's ability. Even if its forced into it's Poke Ball Ash can just simply send it back out, lol

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I'm sure Ash would be able to overcome Golisopod's ability. Even if its forced into it's Poke Ball Ash can just simply send it back out, lol

Honestly when Pokémon have such a unique and possibly self defeating ability they find their way to slip out of Ash's grasp. It's probably why they gave him Roggenrola in Unova instead of the Archen he and Tranquil taught to fly. It was honestly one of the better BW episodes. I wish Tranquil would have been used more and I wish Archen would have been entrusted to Ash by Juniper and Fennel. Defeatist tho, that ability is pretty bad.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Honestly when Pokémon have such a unique and possibly self defeating ability they find their way to slip out of Ash's grasp. It's probably why they gave him Roggenrola in Unova instead of the Archen he and Tranquil taught to fly. It was honestly one of the better BW episodes. I wish Tranquil would have been used more and I wish Archen would have been entrusted to Ash by Juniper and Fennel. Defeatist tho, that ability is pretty bad.
I doubt abilities had anything to do with Ash not catching this or that. And Roggenrola if anything was part of how they tried to replicate the OS with the more than 6 captures like it happened at the beginning of the anime where he got alot of captures back then due to a certain reason but it basically didn’t work out for BW due to marketing getting the better of them and not being able to do the rotation thing well as a result.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."

Paul was a guy that you loved to hate. He was just the total opposite of Ash but they still followed similar paths and had the same goal. They even learned from each other. I can't see Bede doing the same with Ash... Goh maybe, but not Ash. I think Bea is set up to be that rival which is nice as he's never had a main female rival before. Bea even already got under Ash's skin once when she called his friend Korrina, naive. If Bede foes end up in the PWC instead of competing in the Galar League, I can see it being a one sided bitter rivalry with Ash. Similar to Burgundy and Georgia with Cilan and Iris and Cameron with Intelligence.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Red and Blue said:

Considering that Gusokumusha's Ability is the most distinct thing about it, I doubt they'd be so flippant about their treatment of its Ability [or rather liability in this case]. But I still maintain that they probably got their fill of it in SM after showcasing it among Guzma's team anyway, so it's not a species that I'm concerned about Satoshi potentially getting.

Leonhart

Imagineer
Ultra Beast Lover said:

Most viewers liked him, particularly while DP was still airing. I personally don't really comprehend some of the praise that he receives since I don't like the idea of placing an emotionally abusive character on a pedestal regardless of him being developed better than Shigeru, but to each their own.

Red and Blue

Considering that Gusokumusha's Ability is the most distinct thing about it, I doubt they'd be so flippant about their treatment of its Ability [or rather liability in this case]. But I still maintain that they probably got their fill of it in SM after showcasing it among Guzma's team anyway, so it's not a species that I'm concerned about Satoshi potentially getting.
If it's an ability that can be easily overcome I'm sure Ash can learn to deal with it. And it's not like Emergency Exit has to activate in every battle as shown with Lana.

D

Deleted member 384931

The Lucario and Cinderace duo is making me sick. I don't remember any notable moment where Riolu and Raboot bonded or even interacted. But now they both evolve simultaneously and become the dynamic duo who can't be seperated.
Yeah it feels forced, but it doesn't make me sick

nickdt

If it's an ability that can be easily overcome I'm sure Ash can learn to deal with it. And it's not like Emergency Exit has to activate in every battle as shown with Lana.

I mean, Guzma vs Lana was a 1v1, so Guzma didn't even have another mon on hand, so it couldn't even activate in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.