• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I have two questions.
1 Between Obstagoon and Grimmsnarl which of these Galar Dark type Pokemon suits Ash
2 Between Flapple and Appletun, which one suits Ash
1) I’d say Obstagoon since its entire battle style is around getting opponents to come in close so it can counter attack with Obstruct to lower their defense for a follow up hit. Seems like something Ash would take into account more IMO. I’d be fine with both since they’re both my favorite Galar Pokémon.
2)Flapple since it’s more agile but I could easily see Appletun as a mini Snorlax

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Alright since we dont have much to speculate on, what is the one pokemon from each of ash's regional team that you think should come back for more development this series. An underrated or under written one, unlike charizard infernape etc
I only truly want one to return and its Gible since it was unfortunately a victim of "late capture syndrome" and thus didn't get much when it had so much potential and ofc there's the thing where people still want Ash to finally own a Garchomp.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
Gible totodile snivy and pignite imo should definitely return and get more development and evolutions. Tbh I kinda wish we got some fanservice and we get evolutions for all reserve Pokémon besides rowlet, bulbasaur, squirtle, Oshawott and buizel. Rowlet and bulbasaur due to story reasons, squirtle Oshawott due to them being so iconic in their base stage that evolving them would be weird imo now and buizel coz it simply doesn't need it.

nickdt

I only truly want one to return and its Gible since it was unfortunately a victim of "late capture syndrome" and thus didn't get much when it had so much potential and ofc there's the thing where people still want Ash to finally own a Garchomp.

Late capture syndrome isn't an excuse, since Snorunt also came late and was the MVP in the Hoenn League and it did even less than Gible did.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
When game information first came out several users and I speculated that the league was rigged so it'd be impossible to enter the league unless you know someone important and that matches were rigged so that only the person the higher ups wanted on top could be on top and also that Leon, either knowingly or unknowingly, was undefeated because he was actually taking part in rigged matches. We also speculated that Marnie's secret reason for being on this journey was to dismantle this establishment and that Team Yell was a group of people who weren't ever able to get a sponsor.

In a more down to earth pokemon game with no doomsday pokemon and a TR/ Mafia type evil team this could be a fun idea, especially in a region as battle centric as Galar.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Well some fans are still hoping that Sobble and G. Farfetched will be traded at some point. Though I doubt that's happening.

That's just wishful thinking at this point.

The "Sobble for Ash" train is long gone.

But they have my simpathy since my heart still aches knowinig Ash doesn't have Chespin :(

It's actually kinda sad how Cinderace and Lucario are hyped up to be this sort of "Dynamic Duo" simply because they're Ash and Gou's Aces when both have more chemistry with other Pokémon then with each other.

Not that but they are also highly popular pokémon on real world as well.

Useless Info: Uri Geller has now officially given permission for Kadabra to be used in trading cards again, meaning that old lawsuit which prevented Kadabra from being printed out as cards (and I guess also from being used in the anime due to likely wanting to avoid the controversy) is now over. So now TPC can now basically freely do whatever with Kadabra now. Perhaps we could finally see Kadabra again being used in the anime since the controversy regarding it no longer exists now.

Looking forward Goh getting the whole Abra family :p

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
It's actually kinda sad how Cinderace and Lucario are hyped up to be this sort of "Dynamic Duo" simply because they're Ash and Gou's Aces when both have more chemistry with other Pokémon then with each other.

While they could build a rapport between Cinderace and Lucario starting now, unless they really plan on setting the 2 up as rivals, or the writers are going to have Goh and Ash enter more raids/ tag battles with the 2, then it really just gets in the way of developing Goh and Ash's teams.

Since Goh and Ash have different goals and will at times be working separately, it would likely have made more narrative sense to strengthen the bonds between Cinderace and Sobble, and Lucario and the rest of Ash's team, particularly Farfetch'd.

Though pairing the 2 up likely helps with marketing them by association.

I also want to see Koharu with the Hatterene line

The Hatterene line definitely fits Koharus laid back nature since she doesn't go rushing off on adventures like the boys. It easily works as a household pokemon similar to Yamper and Eevee. Alcremie is also more of a household pokemon, so it would likely fit her more than it would the boys.

Though I do hope that G-Ponyta (if it joins the cast) ends up on either Ash or Goh's team.

BobbbidyBob

Just watched Power of us/Everyone’s story movie for the first time ....is it bad that I liked I choose you more? XD
zerarorar (whatever) was cool, but I felt like there were too many interesting characters in this movie...that is...too many...so I couldn’t get really invested in any of them personally at the end of the day, so that felt boring..... The Japanese end credits song be ma JAM though! XP

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Alright since we dont have much to speculate on, what is the one pokemon from each of ash's regional team that you think should come back for more development this series. An underrated or under written one, unlike charizard infernape etc

Kingler : Now it has a perfect excuse. It has a G-Max form.

Bayleef : I wanted to say Totodile so it can evolve but I can't have this full of his Water-Types. Meganium can add some much needed muscle to his Johto team.

Glalie : Glalie got benched after the Hoenn League and only teased in the Sinnoh League. It was the AG Kingler. Plus it is his only Ice type at the moment. Maybe Mega-Evolution???

Gible : Captured too late, didn't even get a gym match. Ash has experience with Garchomp. It would be a nice partner for Dragonite.

Oshawott : Marketability killed him. He should have evolved to at least a Dewott in BW. Burgundy and Cameron killed the rest of the line. If it wasn't for Dawn and Piplup coming and them wanting to make some rivalry going on, I believe Oshawott would have evolved by then.

Greninja : While I want Noivern to come back and actually win something, Greninja needs to come back to his team. I get the feeling like that is going to happen eventually. In a series that is so focused on giving Ash popular Pokémon, they can't pass up giving him the most popular Pokémon in the world again. Hey, maybe they can finally give him a Dark-type move. Farfetch'd already has 2.

Melmetal : It needs more than 2 moves. Plus it has a G-Max form.

SerenaRulez

When game information first came out several users and I speculated that the league was rigged so it'd be impossible to enter the league unless you know someone important and that matches were rigged so that only the person the higher ups wanted on top could be on top and also that Leon, either knowingly or unknowingly, was undefeated because he was actually taking part in rigged matches. We also speculated that Marnie's secret reason for being on this journey was to dismantle this establishment and that Team Yell was a group of people who weren't ever able to get a sponsor.

That's interesting because I remember that a lot of people on Twitter were speculating that Alain's battles in the Kalos series were rigged since Lysandre was working behind the scenes and some people thought Ash losing to Alain was part of that rigged plan too.

But I'm glad they were wrong because then people would have hated Alain even more than before and claimed Ash was the rightful league winner. :)

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I never bought that cheating theory. Alain bested Ash by just a very tiny margin.

I'd say if Noivern and Goodra were better battlers, Ash would have won.

Red and Blue

I never bought that cheating theory. Alain bested Ash by just a very tiny margin.

I'd say if Noivern and Goodra were better battlers, Ash would have won.
I'd say Goodra was strong enough. Even though Alain's Bisharp beat it it never managed to damage Greninja at all. Of course if Goodra won it might have been able to deal some damage to Charizard before fainting. Noivern was the only one who really needed more practice

desdar300

I know that typing overlap is a non-issue but I really have to wonder how well the duck is going to do if Ash ends up getting Kubfu.
Because between it and Lucario it's pretty clear which one is going to end up getting the short end of the "Leek".
I know they may not care but at that point it just becomes hilarious how mistreated it's been

PsychoLogical

I know that typing overlap is a non-issue but I really have to wonder how well the duck is going to do if Ash ends up getting Kubfu.
Because between it and Lucario it's pretty clear which one is going to end up getting the short end of the "Leek".
I know they may not care but at that point it just becomes hilarious how mistreated it's been
It’ll certainly be treated far better than Palpitoad at least lmao. If it was a regular Farfetch’d then it would have zero time, but thank god that Sirfetch’d exists :>

And it also varies on what they’re gonna do with Lucario post JN048 which we technically still don’t have enough to determine despite the assumptions.

desdar300

It’ll certainly be treated far better than Palpitoad at least lmao. If it was a regular Farfetch’d then it would have zero time, but thank god that Sirfetch’d exists :>

And it also varies on what they’re gonna do with Lucario post JN048 which we technically still don’t have enough to determine despite the assumptions.
Don't get me wrong I would like the bear but I do think that it should probably come later to avoid screwing over the duck atm.

PsychoLogical

Don't get me wrong I would like the bear but I do think that it should probably come later to avoid screwing over the duck atm.
I assume that’s likely the case since I don’t really see an IOA arc until way later into the series anyways. Like maybe sometime after we reach the 70 mark or so. Maybe even later than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.