• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

1rkhachatryan

Call me Robert guys

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
No but infernape is and ash didn't catch chimchar until dp052. Sure it had appeared before then but it's only development was that it was an abused Pokemon under Paul. The vast majority of its development came after ash caught it
DP was also 4 years long while this gen will probably only be 3.

World Turtle

It’s the 30th anniversary so of course they are going to care about it. They tend to like to make sure that they release a main series game when a major anniversary is happening.

So them wanting to release a brand new generation on the 30th anniversary of the franchise makes perfect sense.

Further supporting this:

2006/10th Anniversary: Gen 4/Diamond and Pearl were released (though IIRC they were delayed, but it worked out marketing wise)
2016/20th Anniversary: Gen 7/Sun and Moon were released (IT ALL COMES TOGETHER!)

The 10th Generation of Pokemon will be a milestone for the franchise. The number of Pokemon will be hitting a 1000 for sure. I've taken a marketing class. Putting the release date on The 30th Anniversary Year (2026) would be a perfect way to hype up this new game.

All they have to do is make Gen 8 or Gen 9 four years. Just one year longer. They've done four year saga before and this world tour/PWC format can make that work easily.

Leonhart

Imagineer
World Turtle said:
I think Ash will get Grookey. I don’t see them breaking the “Ash always gets a starter” pattern just yet.

By all means they might as well break it since they've gone over a year without showcasing Sarunori properly. I find it hard to believe that they even care about it at this point, so the thought that they might be planning on giving one to Satoshi later seems almost amusing to me.

kickachu

Momentai!
By all means they might as well break it since they've gone over a year without showcasing Sarunori properly. I find it hard to believe that they even care about it at this point, so the thought that they might be planning on giving one to Satoshi later seems almost amusing to me.
What if the writers are coming up with a really good episode for grookey's major appearance

Master Pikachu 11

DP was also 4 years long while this gen will probably only be 3.
This gen could be 4 years so you never know
Starters, especially ones caught by Ash, usually debut very early on so that they can have proper screentime and development in their base stage because the base stage starters are very marketable. I think that Goh is the most likely to get Grookey.
He could get Grookey, but at the same time now that Riolu is evolved and Farfetch’d is going to evolve sometime next year, the writers are going to need some Pokémon to work with so that is why I think that Grookey has a good chance of going to Ash and I am confident that he will catch just so they have an unevolved Pokémon to work with

D

Deleted member 384931

What if the writers are coming up with a really good episode for grookey's major appearance
It then should be a really really really good one and knowing Satoshi's past with Grass type starters backstories (only Snivy had a sad one, that they didnt even focussed on IIRC), I doubt it.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

Leonhart

Imagineer
kickachu said:

They've had over a year to do that, so I'd be curious about what the hold up is. They could've debuted the species in place of one of the various filler episodes that we've gotten, or even during the Black Night mini-arc. The fact that Sarunori has only made a cameo in a fantasy scene so far is ridiculous.

DuskAstral

I think that Grookey has a good chance of going to Ash and I am confident that he will catch just so they have an unevolved Pokémon to work with
I just think Grookey has the best chance of going to Gou, especially since he already has Cinderace and Sobble. As for having an un-evolved Pokémon to work with, the developers can give Satoshi a different species.

jinnrob

Water Pokemon Master
Further supporting this:

2006/10th Anniversary: Gen 4/Diamond and Pearl were released (though IIRC they were delayed, but it worked out marketing wise)
2016/20th Anniversary: Gen 7/Sun and Moon were released (IT ALL COMES TOGETHER!)

The 10th Generation of Pokemon will be a milestone for the franchise. The number of Pokemon will be hitting a 1000 for sure. I've taken a marketing class. Putting the release date on The 30th Anniversary Year (2026) would be a perfect way to hype up this new game.

All they have to do is make Gen 8 or Gen 9 four years. Just one year longer. They've done four year saga before and this world tour/PWC format can make that work easily.
Seeing as how they can fill out a year with a lets go sequel I think you all are right, 30th anniversary 10th generation makes sense.
Something like this makes sense:

2019 Sword&Shield
2020 DLC
2021 DP remake
2022 Let's Go Johto
2023 Gen 9
2024 Gen 9 DLC or 3rd version or Gen 9II or whatever
2025 Above, or Let's Go Hoen or Break
2026 Gen 10

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Seeing as how they can fill out a year with a lets go sequel I think you all are right, 30th anniversary 10th generation makes sense.
Something like this makes sense:

2019 Sword&Shield
2020 DLC
2021 DP remake
2022 Let's Go Johto
2023 Gen 9
2024 Gen 9 DLC or 3rd version or Gen 9II or whatever
2025 Above, or Let's Go Hoen or Break
2026 Gen 10
I think that LGJ will instead be in Gen 9 so that gen can have a game outside of the main pair. I highly doubt that both Sinnoh remakes and Let's Go Johto will be in the same gen, and I don't think that Hoenn will be revisited until Sinnoh, Unova, and Kalos are all remade.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Ye tbh there are actually benefits of this series being potentially a 4 year series even tho they don’t really do that anymore since they stopped making 4 years at DP. Releasing Gen 10 at exactly the 30th anniversary can be very beneficial for marketing and for what the first Gen 10 main series game is.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Ye tbh there are actually benefits of this series being potentially a 4 year series even tho they don’t really do that anymore since they stopped making 4 years at DP. Releasing Gen 10 at exactly the 30th anniversary can be very beneficial for marketing and for what the first Gen 10 main series game is.
I don't see a 4 year gen happening unless it is a consequence of the COVID-19 pandemic.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Is it just me or does this series seem more Evolutionary Friendly than all the other series?

Ep 1 - Pichu evolves
Ep 3 - Bulbasaur and Ivysaur evolve
Ep 10 - Dragonair evolves
Ep 11 - Wurmple evolves
Ep 17 - Scorbunny evolves
Ep 22 - Silcoon evolve
Ep 23 - Cascoon evolve
Ep 31 - Feebas evolves
Ep 35 - (Go's) Pikachu evolves
Ep 37 - Exeggcute evolves
Ep 45 - Raboot and Riolu evolve
Ep 47 - Skwovet evolves

Not to mention we still have G. Farfetch'd, and Goh's Magikarp and possibly Sobble's evolutions on the way

Has any other Pokémon show had this many Evolutions in such a short amount of time?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.