• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Applecorp

You two win the award for the most out of touch with reality. The Pokemon Anime writers do not care about balanced screen time. They don't care about existing team members getting focus before allowing newer members to be caught. Only people like you care about that. Even most of us fans gave up on that trope years ago. I highly recommend you do the same, you'll be more at ease when your way of thinking doesn't play out, which I guarantee you it won't.

What is your problem? All I said is that people wanting more Pokemon just for the sake of Ash's team getting a little bigger is weird because Farfetch'd and hell even Gengar and Dragonite could use a little more attention. I'm not out of touch with reality for saying something that most of us already know and I didn't say that the writing team should treat all the Pokemon equally anyways 'cause again everyone knows that they barely try.

What is so wrong about wanting Farfetch'd to evolve before Ash gets another mon that he'll ignore in favor of Pikachu and Lucario?

D

Deleted member 384931

My Japanese is rusty but its some sort of financial scandal. She says she didn't know what she was being involved in. The other party is claiming she was a participant.
I dont know if this should/could have any impact on her voice acting.

KKS-Lapras

I'd be more interested in seeing Volcanion in the main anime than seeing the Kalos game mascots. That said, I don't like this vine scenario since to me it would feel rather contrived. Gekkouga's return will happen one way or another, but this isn't how I want it to play out.

I have always felt the single biggest mistake made by the Anime writers was to finally give Ash a Water Starter powerhouse, and then force it to be left behind at the end of the XY series.

With that in mind, I'd take almost any scenario for Greninja to come back, and be added properly to the regular reserves list.

What is your problem? All I said is that people wanting more Pokemon just for the sake of Ash's team getting a little bigger is weird because Farfetch'd and hell even Gengar and Dragonite could use a little more attention. I'm not out of touch with reality for saying something that most of us already know and I didn't say that the writing team should treat all the Pokemon equally anyways 'cause again everyone knows that they barely try.

What is so wrong about wanting Farfetch'd to evolve before Ash gets another mon that he'll ignore in favor of Pikachu and Lucario?

My problem, if you want to call it that, is that after 8 generations worth of Pokemon Anime, in which, the Anime writers have proven they do not care about fair screen time balance, or with a set pace of evolutions to catch ratio, with all that history in mind, there still is this persistent point about it that pops up.

If I had to guess, Ash will capture something, before Farfetch'd will evolve. I guess who knows though, this series has broken a lot of past trends, maybe Farfetch'd will evolve first, but if so, I don't personally expect there to be a build up to said evolution.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
So considering the fossil episodes seems to debut only Dracovish and Arctozolt as of now, who do you think catches who?
I personally fear that those two scientists would end up taking care of those two mons instead of anyone from the main cast catching them, hope that doesnt happen at all
Ash does seem very excited in the preview but that could honestly mean nothing
Personally I want Ash and Chloe to get Dracovish and Arctozolt but if i had to predict ill predict Ash and Goh getting those two mons
Also apparently the reason we arent getting episodes on 18 or 25 December is coz they are reairing Mewtwo Strikes back Evolution on 18 Dec and the Mewtwo journeys episode on 25 Dec (kinda dumb ngl)
Hopefully we get a trailer on new years hyping up ep 51-60

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
So considering the fossil episodes seems to debut only Dracovish and Arctozolt as of now, who do you think catches who?
I personally fear that those two scientists would end up taking care of those two mons instead of anyone from the main cast catching them, hope that doesnt happen at all
Ash does seem very excited in the preview but that could honestly mean nothing
Personally I want Ash and Chloe to get Dracovish and Arctozolt but if i had to predict ill predict Ash and Goh getting those two mons
Also apparently the reason we arent getting episodes on 18 or 25 December is coz they are reairing Mewtwo Strikes back Evolution on 18 Dec and the Mewtwo journeys episode on 25 Dec (kinda dumb ngl)

Well the fact we only see two of the four Galar Pokémon being restored doesn't mean other two won't appear based solely on a 30 second preview.

dman_dustin

So on top of the stupidity of not having a new episode for 27 days, they really couldn't be assed to give us a future episodes preview with exception to the fossil episode after the last episode.

Not seeing why the preview should be delayed. I mean maybe next Friday is acceptable and maybe the 25th is planned but still that's days without a new episode, not sure I see the point in delaying.

Give us more time to be disappointed about somethung over nothing. Maybe there's just nothing good happening so they screwed themselves over.

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
So on top of the stupidity of not having a new episode for 27 days, they really couldn't be assed to give us a future episodes preview with exception to the fossil episode after the last episode.

Not seeing why the preview should be delayed. I mean maybe next Friday is acceptable and maybe the 25th is planned but still that's days without a new episode, not sure I see the point in delaying.

Give us more time to be disappointed about somethung over nothing. Maybe there's just nothing good happening so they screwed themselves over.
There is no 'delay'
A special preview was never promised
Hope we get a new year's special but that's it
They aren't taking the break just because, they are still airing Pokémon

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Looks like Ash is actually catching Dracovish. I actually was not expecting that.

I wonder what will happen to the other 3?

I would be surprised if Dracovish was his last addition. Ash-Kubfu or Bea-Kubfu?

PsychoLogical

Looks like Ash is actually catching Dracovish. I actually was not expecting that.

I wonder what will happen to the other 3?

I would be surprised if Dracovish was his last addition. Ash-Kubfu or Bea-Kubfu?
I highly doubt Dracovish is going to be his last. I assume more will be on the way, but because of lack of info of future events, everything is still moot.

PsychoLogical

KKS-Lapras

I assume it's due to how it's shown that he's excited for seeing the Galar fossils' revived forms.

The thing I could see that would be interesting, I could see the fossil Pokemon feeling having some kind of identity crisis issue, and Ash catches it as he bonds with it and wants to work with it getting comfortable with who it is. I don't know if that makes sense.

PsychoLogical

The thing I could see that would be interesting, I could see the fossil Pokemon feeling having some kind of identity crisis issue, and Ash catches it as he bonds with it and wants to work with it getting comfortable with who it is. I don't know if that makes sense.
Nah it technically does, and I actually expect at least one of them (Dracovish in particular) to go berserk and go on a freakout due to its existence alone and Ash just eventually calms it down and accepts who it is and for an ideal outcome, it'd be him offering him to join his roster and have a good time.

WhoCares

Elric The Pipsqueak
Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year to all in advance. I'm forced to leave social media for a while due to some medical conditions and increased workload during the holiday seasons. So I just wanna say that this is the most friendly pokemon community I've ever seen. Everyone has respected my opinions (even though I behaved like an a** hole sometimes to riley and the tom guy). So, sincerely thank you all for being tolerant and nice to me. I hope we can speculate together once again and till then have a nice 2020 and an even better 2021.

images

Eneci

FrogadierMasterLucas
I don‘t think Ash‘s team will stay at 6 this generation. Like we are only 1 year into the series, bit over. Or at least I hope so. Ash not to catch a Pokemon for the next 2 years would be bit ridic, but also not surprising. Very torn
I just hope he gets Dracovish in the next episode.

Status
Not open for further replies.