• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

BlazingAsh

I don't think they'll give Ash any more older region Pokemon. The focus seems to have shifted to Galar now. Seeing a Sandile kind of situation with Grookey where it will stay wild like Morpeko for a few episodes and then evolve before getting caught eventually.

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
I have 6 questions
1 Is it possible for Ash to catch Arcanine in this series
2 Between Coalossal and Centiskorch, which of these Galar Fire Types will Ash get
3 If Ash is to get one of the Eeveelutions, which one do you want Ash to have
4 Is it possible for Ash to get Empoleon? If yes what movesets would you want it to have
5 Which Ice Types would you want Ash to catch in this saga
6 Between Houndoom and Magcargo which one do you want Ash to have
1. Yes, it is definitely possible for ash to catch Arcanine.
2. I think he can get coalossal.
3. If Ash gets one of the eeveelutions then its got to be Espeon as his second psychic type.
4. Tbh I doubt he is getting any previous gen starters but if he does get it its moveset would be: whirlpool, drill peck, hydro pump, flash cannon.
5. I want him to catch a weavile.
6. Definitely houndoom, I don't like magcargo tbh.

Master Pikachu 11

I have 6 questions
1 Is it possible for Ash to catch Arcanine in this series
2 Between Coalossal and Centiskorch, which of these Galar Fire Types will Ash get
3 If Ash is to get one of the Eeveelutions, which one do you want Ash to have
4 Is it possible for Ash to get Empoleon? If yes what movesets would you want it to have
5 Which Ice Types would you want Ash to catch in this saga
6 Between Houndoom and Magcargo which one do you want Ash to have
1. Yes it is possible and probably the only Kanto mon that I wouldn’t mind seeing him catch.
2. If I had to choose I would choose Coalossal, but I don’t see him getting either as I think he gets old Gen fire types like Arcanine instead
3. Espeon
4. Yes
5. Aurorus, Avalugg, Weavile, Alolan Sandslash, Galarian Darmanitan, I would like to see him catch any of these Pokémon
6. Houndoom
Impidimp as a species doesn't seem like the kind of Pokémon I can see Ash ever catching.

Good chance Sobble and Inteleon takes place in Galar so probably doing another back to back Galar episodes.

I can see him tag along when they do episodes based of Isle of Armor but I think it's just metaphorical/ baseless visuals.
That episode is definitely going to be in Kanto
Probably because its trainer is a PWC competitor who is seeking trainers in different regions.
I could see Ash use Farfetch’d against it to get more battle experience and development

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
We don't need Ash for that. They can just bring in Marnie along with her Grimmsnarl and she can battle Bea and her Machamp in the PWC.

I want Ash to use Dracovish in his next match with Bea, to see how her Grapploct can attempt to apply it's submission hold on it.

1. Yes it is possible and probably the only Kanto mon that I wouldn’t mind seeing him catch.

I suppose given the first episode of journey's one could add Kangaskhan but who knows, if he gets another gen 1 pokemon i'm hoping it's something that evolves into a future gen though.

5. Aurorus.

If Dracovish hadn't been Ash's first fossil this would've been my choice, and I would've retconned the stupid "it can't exist out of cold weather" due to something having gone wrong with it's initial restoration in Kalos.

I could see Ash use Farfetch’d against it to get more battle experience and development

and the fact that at the moment it's his only unevolved pokemon.

Ibrahim Saidu

I have 2 questions
1 Since the Glimwood Tangle episode is on the way, is it possible for Ash to get Impidimp that will evolve into Grimmsnarl
2 In case Ash and Goh goes to Poni Island in Alola, is it possible for Ash to get Kommo-o

DuskAstral

I have 2 questions
1 Since the Glimwood Tangle episode is on the way, is it possible for Ash to get Impidimp that will evolve into Grimmsnarl
2 In case Ash and Goh goes to Poni Island in Alola, is it possible for Ash to get Kommo-o
In both cases it is possible, but it does not have to be.

Decidueye23

I have 2 questions
Possibilities are endless. Would i like him to get impidimp sure ofcourse. Is it possible? Yes. Is it likely? Not very considering there has been literally nothing indicative of that. However if they pull of a suprise i will be very happy

BlazingAsh

I would be okay with him not getting Grookey. Just hope him using Mimey in a battle for the first time in 24 years counts for something and it's brought back for battles. As it only battles when it feels like, they could make Leon's Mr Rime its rival and make it want to battle. I have a strong feeling Ash using it in his first official battle in this series was to foreshadow something they are planning for the future. If it really is never meant to battle again, I would rather see Ash catch other Fairy and Psychic types over Grookey. Starters are overrated.

Not to forget that Mimey, Dragonite and Farfetchd have all got only one official battle so far and Gengar has got just one more battle. So I would say it's pretty likely Mimey would be brought back.

Last edited:

DuskAstral

Ash needs grass type.
In my opinion, he does not need grassy types. He has all the primers of this type (except Chespin), so he doesn't need more.
Just hope him using Mimey in a battle for the first time in 24 years counts for something and it's brought back for battles. As it only battles when it feels like, they could make Leon's Mr Rime its rival and make it want to battle.
It would only be like this if Leon in the anime actually had Mr. Rime. The anime lineups may differ from those of the games, so Champion Galar may not even own this Pokémon

charinija

Pokemon Master
In my opinion, he does not need grassy types. He has all the primers of this type (except Chespin), so he doesn't need more.
It would only be like this if Leon in the anime actually had Mr. Rime. The anime lineups may differ from those of the games, so Champion Galar may not even own this Pokémon

Yeah. He has . Bu Ash's grass type except for Secptile not so powerful. But his Sceptile amazing ı agree

Status
Not open for further replies.