• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShinyCharyZard

Too old for your rubbish..
I'd be fine if Ash went back to his roots and travelled through a region collecting gym badges in the next region. They've already made the Galar leaders appear stronger than any other leaders we've ever had, so they could easily do that with the next regions leaders too, or just have Ash use newer captures in the early gyms and start filtering in Pikachu after like the 3rd one..

I prefer a gym challenge over what we're getting this time around, personally. Sure it's cool that he's caught fan favourites this time and is ploughing through returning characters, but seeing him build up a new team to take on a new regions characters is something I've grown up enjoying.

Last edited:

Genetic_Hawk

Pikachu! KIMI NI KIME TAA
I'd be fine if Ash went back to his roots and travelled through a region collecting gym badges in the next region. They've already made the Galar leaders appear stronger than any other leaders we've ever had, so they could easily do that in the next regions leaders too, or just have Ash use newer captures in the early gyms and start filtering in Pikachu after like the 3rd one..

I prefer a gym challenge over what we're getting this time around, personally. Sure it's cool that he's caught fan favourites this time and is ploughing through returning characters, but seeing him build up a new team to take on a new regions characters is something I've grown up enjoying.
yeah that was far better handled and enjoyable

journeys is just a pokemon go animation (battles in pokemon go is just tap-tap and so is in this series just meh-eh ............. pokemon go = pokemon hunting and so is journeys)

Morax

King of heroes
The answer to some things in the anime is unknown.

For example, what does pokemon master mean?

You won the hoenn league for example do you become a pokemon master?
So it's not enough for Ash to win the league or championship. What does it mean to be a pokemon master?

Ash now needs to win an official league and see what happens next. For example, Alain won Kalos. What is he doing now ? Did he become a Pokemon master?
The answer to these questions is unclear.

And the World Coronation Series. what it means ? How is it different from leagues?

There are many more questions to be answered in the Pokemon anime. It's too early for Ash to leave.
Those questions should have been answered 20 years ago when ash was a fresh character. What they're doing now is the equivalent of salvaging a sunken boat and expecting it to float.

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
Those questions should have been answered 20 years ago when ash was a fresh character. What they're doing now is the equivalent of salvaging a sunken boat and expecting it to float.

Actually, the ship has already sunk and they think they can get it to the surface by throwing out the water.

Of an ocean.

charinija

Pokemon Master
Ash should have left by DP at the latest but they want to keep him forever for some reason.

Why should they separate the main character when there is an unfinished story.

By making a new anime, you can create different types of anime. But Ash's anime should not end before it reaches a conclusion.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Ash should have left by DP at the latest but they want to keep him forever for some reason.
Stubborn towards change I guess. And tbf it’s often very hard to part ways with something especially if it’s something that you’ve worked on for over a decade even if it’s purpose has overstayed its welcome.

Crybaby Sobble

S = Sarunori = Satoshi
The whole Pokémon' s story is of Ash and you want the the main character to hang up its boots.:rolleyes:
I think they should have focused more on Ash's story than rather putting him in the same literal condition.Like he could have been like Red where his story could be further developed instead of being the Player character stand in everytime
But not like this Pokémon Journeys where he doesn't even look like the main Protag.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Why are people talking about Ash's development here when this is the POKEMON speculation thread?!

Honestly, that may be true because if we look at OS-DP and BW-PJ we can see some similarities between two eras. OS-DP I would call classical and BW-PJ: Modern. So maybe after PJ there will be soft reboot like BW...
( Kanto -> BW
Johto -> XY( kinda)
AG -> SM
DP -> PJ

Honestly, you're reaching. The 'kinda' implies that there are certain beats that may be the same, but there's nothing between Johto and XY that even remotely warrants a 'kinda'. Johto had Ash as a central protag, immediately moving on from OI with most of that entire team - and relying on reserves for critical battles, XY started fresh and let a secondary character have her own quest. In no way are they anything alike. If anything it's an improved version of AG and DP.

This is how I perceive it:
- OS - DP: 'Classic'.
- BW: the Dark Age. Lets face it, most of this turned out as a mess. Pacing, development, story. Yikes at everything. The only good times were the DonBattles.
- XY: Prime, followed the structure set-up in AG/DP and built upon that.
- SM&PJ: Post-Prime - The show has been desperately trying to reinvent the wheel - failing on varying levels to deliver. SM had a few compelling arcs, but those were the only redeeming quality. PJ is just a last ditch effort involving heavy fanwanking to the point it's actually offputting and often finds itself missing the mark entirely.

They could cancel the show and I wouldn't be bothered. I have been watching since the 90's, so that's something I've never said before.

Last edited:

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
My understanding is that Pokemon Master is Ash's childish way of wanting to be bonded with every kind of mons and have unique experiences with them, and for him, like many others, battling with pokemon is a great way to bond with them, so becoming even stronger and stronger with mons is his dream, Pokemon Master basically an unattainable title that Ash is always fighting for to continue bonding with mons all over the world

charinija

Pokemon Master
Not only pikachu but also greninja is a reason ash should not leave. Why only reunion at Ash-Greninja. Why did not such changes occur in such great masters and legends? Why did something happen in Charizard happen in Greninja? Ash shouldn't leave the anime. Maybe all questions will be answered and the pokemon master will be defined. then he can go.

We have been watching for 20 years. What is the pokemon master? how many people we do not know the answer.

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
I will be honest here, I'm not so interested in Ash, he is around for so long, I'm more interested in the others characters, the companions, because they are different and I know they will leave at the end of the saga, but Ash and Pikachu will stay, still trying to become a Pokémon Master, whatever this is.

charinija

Pokemon Master
Why should authors separate Ash and change the anime when a new anime can be created and new characters can be made?
This anime is the story of Ash. But I'm not against a new anime and new story.

A new character can be created without touching this anime. But this anime has existed for Ash since 1997.

Whether we like it or not, Ash is a legendary and world-renowned character. I think it would not be good to leave.

FatBigachu

Why should authors separate Ash and change the anime when a new anime can be created and new characters can be made?
This anime is the story of Ash. But I'm not against a new anime and new story.

A new character can be created without touching this anime. But this anime has existed for Ash since 1997.

Whether we like it or not, Ash is a legendary and world-renowned character. I think it would not be good to leave.
How long do you think we'll see Ash in the anime? Forever? No, sorry but that's not possible. I just want him to finish his journey so I can say goodbye to the anime.
I'd love to see grown up Ash and the others in a new anime for adults but I don't wanna watch the story of a 10 years old boy till I die.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
How long do you think we'll see Ash in the anime? Forever? No, sorry but that's not possible. I just want him to finish his journey so I can say goodbye to the anime.
I'd love to see grown up Ash and the others in a new anime for adults but I don't wanna watch the story of a 10 years old boy till I die.
It is possible actually since all they have to do is come up with whatever in the future to keep him around for as long as it takes. He’s never going to complete his goal since it’s meant to be endless for him since the anime’s sole purpose is for marketing. If him being used in the now AU movies isn’t an indication or even confirmation that they won’t let him go then idk what is. He’s never leaving. They’ll just find ways to keep him around like I said, whatever its catching certain mons or something else.

Crybaby Sobble

S = Sarunori = Satoshi
If Ash leaves, better end this anime too.
Anime was in peak in DP and XY and now we only get crap.
If they wanna continue, install something good like Twilight Wings, Origins over this crap that we get now.

charinija

Pokemon Master
It is possible actually since all they have to do is come up with whatever in the future to keep him around for as long as it takes. He’s never going to complete his goal since it’s meant to be endless for him since the anime’s sole purpose is for marketing. If him being used in the now AU movies isn’t an indication or even confirmation that they won’t let him go then idk what is. He’s never leaving. They’ll just find ways to keep him around like I said, whatever its catching certain mons or something else.

okay but the story will remain unfinished.

They should give answers to these questions.

1) What does Pokemon master mean?

2) How many Pokemon Masters are there?

3) elite 4s are pokemon master?

4) What is the World Coronation Series?

5) What is the difference between the World Coronation Series and the leagues like hoenn league?

6) What is the reason for the connection between Ash and Greninja? Why are there no similar connections between other masters and their pokemons.

7) Do you become a pokemon master when you win the league? For example, is Alain a pokemon master?

8) Why didn't Ash's Squirtle evolve? What's his secret?

After getting the answers to these questions, we can call ash bye.

If I have watched Pokemon for 20 years, I want answers to these questions. I wish I hadn't watched it blankly.

Does anyone wonder the answers to these other than me?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.