• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decidueye23

Honestly, i just see the PWC as a tournament spread across. I dont think it determines being the strongest trainer in the world. If they want to continue with Ash, they can just tune whatever he wants to do into the next series.

Also here is the main thing people dont seem to notice. Unlike a league where he has to start from scratch, if he gets into the master 8, he is part of the master 8, as long as some trainer knocks him back to hyperclass. Irrespective of whether he loses or wins against leon he will still be in master class.

I can totally see ash rejecting to being world no.1 and travel to learn and interact more with pokemon just like he did with the Battle frontier.

I honestly dont see ash going anywhere. He is just too marketable. And i dont think the writers or staff care much about audiences from the past. For them each new generation of 7 to 10 year old kids is very important.

DuskAstral

So it’s not really a case that Ash doesn’t know about Galar having Gyms it’s just that he isn’t going out of his way to challenge them as he is more focus on the PWC.
I think he doesn't collect badges not only because of PWC, but also because there is simply no need to do so. He has already won the league, so what's the point of him taking part in the next ones?

CMButch

Kanto is love. Kanto is life.
The only replacement I can see is AU Ash instead of main Ash after main Ash becomes Master. Lol

SerGoldenhandtheJust

Deluded Dreamer
I'd love for the next series to focus Ash after he's a world champion, being popular enough to be asked by a spy agency to help assist them against a major plot or something. We could still get battles then but with more stakes and it could be based on something from the eventual gen 9. Would be cool

Morax

King of heroes
I'd love for the next series to focus Ash after he's a world champion, being popular enough to be asked by a spy agency to help assist them against a major plot or something. We could still get battles then but with more stakes and it could be based on something from the eventual gen 9. Would be cool
Or ash gets recruited by himself from the future to prevent global warming using pokemon with inverted entropy.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
They introduced Go and he's generally not very well-liked

Source?

I highly doubt the online portion of the fan community would be a good "metric" for his popularity. And even within this niche there's still those who do like him.

So unless someone from production outright says that a certain character is super popular and the other is heavily hated, it's merely speculation.

BlazingAsh

That doesn’t really change the point though as even if hypothetically they were to lock him to a region again they can easily just create something else for Ash to do while someone else does the gyms.
Well there's nothing Ash wants to do apart from battling. So whether Ash's mentee battles the gym leaders and Ash battles others, it would still be two main characters who have the same goal of battling and getting stronger. They never give the same goal to two main characters. One is enough for that.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I'd say it's fairly clear from the way he's used and referenced in marketing that he's pretty damn popular. Ranks high in popularity polls too.

Thanks for confirming what I was suspecting.

charinija

Pokemon Master
Catching every pokemon is one of the most ridiculous things I've seen in the pokemon anime. I understand who wants to be the strongest. I can understand who wants to catch legends or even those who want to catch also psedu legends. How stupid it is to catch every pokemon.

Status
Not open for further replies.