• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickdt

I like Goh because he feels more like a real person. He doesn't act like a chosen one or some way too lucky idiot hero from a more typical shounen anime.

Ash is too flat as a character; his only personality traits seem to be eating like a Snorlax, and behaving like a buffoon. Goh at least is shown to have personal fears, interests, hobbies, etc.

Wasn't Ash shown to be good at drawing at one point? Does he have any phobias we know about? Personal insecurities? Favourite hobbies?

Soo.... where do you class one ball fully evolved mon captures under then if it isn't luck or being the chosen?

BobbbidyBob

I don't think Satoshi is World Champion in this series. Looking at how long it took him to meet the first goal, his current goal is unlikely to be fulfilled in the current series either.
OH nuggets, this goal will take him 20 years plus 20 more (flops)

Last edited:

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
Soo.... where do you class one ball fully evolved mon captures under then if it isn't luck or being the chosen?

I'm willing to handwave it as Pokeball technology getting much better over time.

DuskAstral

OH nuggets, this goal will take him 20 years plus 20 more then (flops)
Maybe not necessarily 20 years, but I doubt that in one series he will win this title. Although on reflection, he does not have to get the World Champion title, because Satoshi in "Journeys" never said that he wanted to win this title. He just said he only wanted to fight Leon.

ShadowForce720

Maybe not necessarily 20 years, but I doubt that in one series he will win this title. Although on reflection, he does not have to get the World Champion title, because Satoshi in "Journeys" never said that he wanted to win this title. He just said he only wanted to fight Leon.

That doesn’t mean Ash won’t win. Also in regards to the argument that Ash never said that he wanted to beat Leon this isn’t actually true as in episode 27 when Raihan told Leon that he would be the one to break Leon’s in breakable win streak, Ash then interrupted and that no he will be the one to do it.

Specifically this is how that scene breaka down:

Raihan: I will be the one to end your undefeated legend!

Ash: No, it’ll be me!

That makes it pretty clear that Ash intends and wants to beat Leon.

FatBigachu

If I remember correctly, Ash said beating Leon will be the first step towards becoming a Pokemon Master.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Plus, he said something similar about beating Mewtwo. It seems the Journeys will take longer than we expected.
I don't expect that as I don't think that they would abandon the previous formula only to start a different formula.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Plus, he said something similar about beating Mewtwo. It seems the Journeys will take longer than we expected.
So pretty much Ash hasn't made any progress at all at becoming a Pokemon Master since he started his journey. This basically confirms to me that following Ash's story and character has been pointless and a waste of time then.

FatBigachu

So pretty much Ash hasn't made any progress at all at becoming a Pokemon Master since he started his journey. This basically confirms to me that following Ash's story and character has been pointless and a waste of time then.
Poor Ash is the victim of their marketing purposes.

Except Journeys is the current anime. We don't know if its style will carry over to future gens.
All I can say is dual protagonist thing was a really bad idea for this format.

Decidueye23

Yeah i dont really want to hop on the dislike goh train but the anime is sure making it increasingly difficult. I wish we get a few ash episodes after the upcoming episodes.
I mean sometimes i just want to understand what the writers might be thinking.
"Lets mske a filler about diglett amd radish".
" How very interesting!"
"But what about giving some episode to gengar or the duck or the newly caught fish?"
"Eh that can wait"

See i have no problem with fillers. But atleast in the previous series the fillers made for some interesting character interactions, pokemon interactions and new pokemon..none of that is here. I really hope that changes soon?

Also anyone know how has the reception to journeys been so far in Japan?

Pikachu111213

Traveler
I wonder when Dracovish will make its next appearance?

Will Dracovish get its own spotlight episode before Ash's next capture (if he has one)?
I REALLY hope so. Love that thing! I’m sure we will see it at least when arctovish and Dracozolt eventually debut. I recall seeing merch of it with Urshifu, so maybe it’ll get love in or around our eventual isle of armor arc

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I wonder when Dracovish will make its next appearance?

Will Dracovish get its own spotlight episode before Ash's next capture (if he has one)?
I assume after Sirfetch'd arrives.

Status
Not open for further replies.