• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
We probably get a new another new type eventually, it’s just hard to say when exactly. Although it would help if they gave the Ice type more resistants as right now it only resist itself.
Ah, I noticed this problem with ice type Pokemon. I guess the ice type should have an advantage over several types, and even more damage. Ice should have a great advantage over than water, grass, poison, fairy and even steel.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Recently, I was wondering if there will be a new type of Pokemon in the future. It seems to me that 18 types may be completely "not enough".
It would be nice to see the Divine type and the Magic type, it would be even better if some pokemon had the All type. :rolleyes:
Wouldn't Magic Type just basically be Psychic and Fairy combined into a Single Type?

I think the thing about new Typings is the fact that there's only so much you can do before you start to run out of Elementals to come up with.

I remember before SWSH came out some people were speculating "Sound Type" for Musical Themed Pokémon like Grookey

I also remember "Light Type" Speculation before Fairies were revealed lol

Ubermuk

Sticky & Sweet
Chloe having an Eevee makes Journeys the third straight saga wherein a lead female character has an Eevee. Seems like a popular choice.
I mean yeah obviously. There's a reason that the little brown fox was the mascot of a whole core game a couple years ago.

But I dunno if I'd call Chloe a lead female character. She still feels like a side character to me and not a Dawn or Serena equivalent...

ShadowForce720

Wouldn't Magic Type just basically be Psychic and Fairy combined into a Single Type?

I think the thing about new Typings is the fact that there's only so much you can do before you start to run out of Elementals to come up with.

I remember before SWSH came out some people were speculating "Sound Type" for Musical Themed Pokémon like Grookey

I also remember "Light Type" Speculation before Fairies were revealed lol
One type that could work that has been suggested before would be a Digital/Cyber type. Also no, it’s not the same as Electric type, as controlling and having technology based powers is not the same thing as having Electric based powers.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
I mean yeah obviously. There's a reason that the little brown fox was the mascot of a whole core game a couple years ago.

But I dunno if I'd call Chloe a lead female character. She still feels like a side character to me and not a Dawn or Serena equivalent...

To be fair, until episode 60 where Serena cut her hair, she didn't seem like a main character in Pokémon XY either.

dman_dustin

I have fun dreams about the anime, like a much more open series with Ash using his Pokemon whenever like Torterra, I even have dreams where Ash catches Pokemon you never would expect, like I've had dreams where Ash has a certain Pokemon and you'd be like holy crap because Ash would send it out and you're like when did he get THAT?

More recently was a dream Ash was using his old Pokemon as they'd be in the opening like Torterra but there was one Pokemon you weren't sure why it was in the opening. So imagine Ash with Torterra trying to accomplish their goal of maybe defeating an evil team or trying to stop something and then run into a wuld Pokemon, the scene skips showing Ash made it past the Pokemon because he sends it out and he caught it because it would come in handy for the mission while adding it to his team.

The Pokemon in question was Bisharp whuch was caught for its cutting abilitues and while I don't care that much about Bisharp, I am disappointed because of Go we probably won't get shocking moments like that. While I don't want to see offscreen captures completely I still wish Ash had genuine shicking captures with at least flashbacks to the capture.

For once I want Ash to send out a surprising Pokemon, and the characters freak out and Ash explains through flashbacks what happened.

I was disappointed that didn't happen in the Go catches all the Kanto bug Pokemon with like an 8th gen bug Pokemon but oh well.

kickachu

Momentai!
well there still is the preview for Grookey and the episodes after after the episode and rememeber when Iris caught dragonite before its episode aired or the Pokemon fashion flash where Misty picked up Vulpix but got burned and got caught by Brock I am sure there was an image back then before it aired in the us . Think about it

phantasystar69

It's going to be difficult to make types that don't have some similarities to other types already. Just throwing some names out there, but they are definitely similar to other types in ways. I will start off with the 3 missing from captain planet!

Earth
Wind/Air
Heart

Other Types:
Nature/Seasonal
Demon (probably too dark of a name for the show)
Storm/Weather
Sound/Noise
Pollution (more advanced poison type)
Energy Type (Nuclear, Solar, Thermal, etc.)
Robotic

ShadowForce720

To be fair, almost all Rock types can learn one or more Ground moves despite being weak to it.

That said, I don't think Ice should be super effective on Water.

Also if Ice type attacks were suddenly effective against Water type Pokémon then where does that leave the Ice type move Freeze-Dry?

I ask because the whole thing that makes Freeze-Dry special(not the move category) is the fact that it is a Ice type move that is super effective against Water type Pokémon.

However if suddenly all offensive Ice type attacks become super effective against Water type Pokémon then Freeze-Dry would no longer be so special.

Mew29240

Also, Ice should be SE against Water
What Ice really needs are more resistances. I'd want it to resist Water-Type attacks (like how Fighting and Bug-types resist each other) and another type to incentivize people into using its mons more.

Blue Saturday

Unfurl your Blessed Wings!
So you're telling me unless someone has a goal that they can pursue they're not "main characters"? Tell that to sophocles, lana, mallow, lillie and kiawe.
He said Serena didn’t get a proper amount of prominence and was mostly inconsequential until she got into TriPokalons. Koharu on the other hand was billed as a side character but is given more prominence and limelight as she moved toward becoming a Pokémon trainer. The classmates are all main characters due to being established as such from the get-go and apart of the group like Serena was the difference is obviously a large cast wouldn’t be as prominent in screen time and having a series-encompassing narrative/goal as the literal main heroine of a Pokémon series. The classmates and Koharu don’t appear in every episode—-Serena did and she had no one to fight with over screen time which made her lack of action/purpose hard to ignore is what I think was being conveyed in the post :S

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.