• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

TheCrazyMaster

I'd love for the 3 of them to meet but I don't want them to compete against each other. Just have them do cute things like baking, shopping, talking about their crushes etc.
I won't mind them competing tbh, esp if dawn comes out on the top :p

596x397.3333333333333-789086803473.jpg

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Yep. Wallace cup says hi.

To be fair, May decided to use what was frankly her newest team member who had just evolved and May had little experience with where as Dawn used her most experienced one in Piplup...and even then it was by a silver that Dawn pulled it off.

I will say that Dawn did have a better time than May did when it came to contests (sure she lost a few, but she did make it into the finals of her first grand festival), because she knew that's what she wanted to do from the get go and her mother was a top coordinator that she was able to learn from, but at the same time could battle in her own way and knew how to perform in contests, here as May didn't know what she wanted to do at first, and got influenced by Ash's combat style which wasn't fit for contests.

I do suppose though if we got an episode showing off contests, it'd be nice to see Serena or Dawn for it, maybe both, cause even if it's something Chloe wouldn't do (since we don't know what she will do if anything), showing off all aspects of the pokemon world is still a cool thing to do in this series.

also depending on on how long Iris stays a request I would have is a Gary vs Iris battle; it’s so random but it’s the battle we never thought we needed.

you know something i'd like to see, Gary interact with Goh and perhaps be the one to ask him what he intends to Mew if he were to capture it.

Because simply owning one of the two progenitors is not a good enough answer to me, plus he might give Goh some research tips and make him take the concept of capturing pokemon abit more serious.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Is she? Because best girl got into the finals in her FIRST attempt and only loss due to plot quite frankly.
Hilda wasn't in the anime.

Really sad she didn't make it. Hopefully she'll get a proper debut next time the boys go to Unova. She could be a Battle Subway PWC fight. Or maybe even a team up just so Ash could fight Ingo and Emmet

Sham

The Guardian of War
Hilda wasn't in the anime.

Really sad she didn't make it. Hopefully she'll get a proper debut next time the boys go to Unova. She could be a Battle Subway PWC fight. Or maybe even a team up just so Ash could fight Ingo and Emmet
Due to obvious bias I’m glad she didn’t make it into the anime and additionally wasn’t a Pokegirl. Never seen it for her and I especially don’t know what she would of did in Unova. If Showcases were any indication on how they’d handle musicals, they made the right choice.

edit: also I forgot to mention bad name

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Due to obvious bias I’m glad she didn’t make it into the anime and additionally wasn’t a Pokegirl. Never seen it for her and I especially don’t know what she would of did in Unova. If Showcases were any indication on how they’d handle musicals, they made the right choice.
She fits more as a battler over a performer imo, so they could have given her a battling goal.
They should make her a PWC opponent in this series imo.

Master Pikachu 11

The dlcs to me seem more likely to take place after Iris and Garry to me. I feel like they would at least put Mustard in the intro or a scene of the dojo.
Agree I expect them to be arcs instead of one episode and they would be promoting more then just Kubfu, I still think the legendary is going to be another old Gen one, it’s just a question as to whether its a Kanto bird, one of the two remaining beasts or a Hoenn legendary. I still expect CT in October since the anime likes to do arcs in October.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
oh... Its just that I kind of thought it lost its personality when it evolved.
More like they forgot how the thing was supposed to battle after Grotle became a thing. Use Defense for Offense but then threw all of that away when they had it learn Rock Climb which was an absolute mistake ofc.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Tbf that happens to a lot of Starters

May's Blaziken
Lana's Primarina
Arguably Ash's Greninja
And then you had ones like Cinderace and Charizard who basically regained their original personalities after originally losing them.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
More like they forgot how the thing was supposed to battle after Grotle became a thing. Use Defense for Offense but then threw all of that away when they had it learn Rock Climb which was an absolute mistake ofc.
I was hoping back then that they would have replaced Rock Climb with Rock Polish instead. After Ash battled Palmer, I wish Ash would have used the eat Energy Ball trick with Rock Polish for an awesome combo.

It would have been a great juxtaposition to Paul's stationary but defensive Torterra.

Status
Not open for further replies.