• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

esquilo09

New merch, here's my thoughts:
Ash: Toxtricity (yellow)
Goh: Toxtricity (blue) and all the others that I didn't said
Koharu: G. Ponyta, Snom, Alcremie
Leon: Charizard and Dragapult
TRio: Morpeko
EyYXK3HWEAM3GIv
What about Corviknight, Wooloo and Polteageist?

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Not really as it’s not that hard to distinguish between Pikachu and Toxtricity. For instance here is a potential move set for Toxtricity: Toxtricity’s move set: Overdrive Boomburst/Hyper Voice Sludge Bomb/Sludge Wave/Poison Jab Charge/Thunder Punch there that move set would take advantage of both of Toxtricity’s typings and it easily distinguished it from Pikachu.
They could just as easily treat it as if it was mono-Poison, without any Electric-type moves at all. Plus, I don't know why people want Ash to catch anything anymore when he barely gets any focus and the vast majority of his progress is off-screen. It's gotten to the point where Koharu's Pokemon get more screentime than Ash's.

ShadowForce720

They could just as easily treat it as if it was mono-Poison, without any Electric-type moves at all. Plus, I don't know why people want Ash to catch anything anymore when he barely gets any focus and the vast majority of his progress is off-screen. It's gotten to the point where Koharu's Pokemon get more screentime than Ash's.
Overdrive is literally Toxtricity’s signature move and on top of that fits with it’s sound based theme so there isn’t any reason to think that Ash’s potential Toxtricity wouldn’t know the move. Plus we already saw that back in Sun and Moon they had no problem with Ash’s Naganadel knowing and actively using Thunderbolt.

So Toxtricity utilizing it’s Electric typing isn’t a problem. Also Ash still gets focus, and heck he is even having a PWC battle with Iris where he is going to be using his Dragonite, and probably his Dracovish.

So if Ash did get Toxtricity it would get screen time.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Overdrive is literally Toxtricity’s signature move and on top of that fits with it’s sound based theme so there isn’t any reason to think that Ash’s potential Toxtricity wouldn’t know the move. Plus we already saw that back in Sun and Moon they had no problem with Ash’s Naganadel knowing and actively using Thunderbolt.

So Toxtricity utilizing it’s Electric typing isn’t a problem. Also Ash still gets focus, and heck he is even having a PWC battle with Iris where he is going to be using his Dragonite, and probably his Dracovish.

So if Ash did get Toxtricity it would get screen time.
Naganadel was not a permanent capture by virtue of it being an Ultra Beast, and is more akin to Larvitar.

Master Pikachu 11

I bet that it's actually going to be Koharu's, because Ash is never gonna get a second Electric-type.
I hope that this means that Ash will get it, just to break that pattern of not getting another electric type.
Yeah with Naganadel knowing Thunderbolt they pretty much went in halfway with giving Ash a second Electric type. They've broken so many traditions with Ash's captures in JN that giving Ash a Toxricity isn't all impossible
It’s long overdue

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Watch Leon have Dubwool, Corviknight and Amped (Low key- Piers), Hop gets a cameo.

Still waiting for the Falinks episode.

I wonder if Gary will have Infernape, or perhaps Flint?

Looking forward to more Galar pokemon joining the cast.

Goh's next legendary encounter will probably come soon.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Watch Leon have Dubwool, Corviknight and Amped (Low key- Piers), Hop gets a cameo.

Still waiting for the Falinks episode.

I wonder if Gary will have Infernape, or perhaps Flint?

Looking forward to more Galar pokemon joining the cast.

Goh's next legendary encounter will probably come soon.
I could see Infernape for Gary honestly. And he was in Sinnoh for a good bit of time.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
I could see Infernape for Gary honestly. And he was in Sinnoh for a good bit of time.
I'm curious because of the random Infernape in the OP. Unless Ash's comes back, Gary seems like the most likely character for it to appear alongside. It could be an interesting matchup for Lucario.

------

While you will usually see Goh's pokemon interacting in the background at Sakuragi park, there are a couple that that have evaded any kind of appearance, with small Magicarp only recently leaving the "Did the writers forget Goh caught them?" jail.

Excluding Suicune who is roaming, Pokemon of Goh's that haven't been seen since they were caught/ evolved are:

Morelull, # of days since Morlull was first (and last) seen: 54

Drowzee, # of days since Drowzee was first (and last) seen: 68

Diglett, # of days since Diglett was first (and last) seen: 75

Arctozolt, # of days since Arctozolt was first (and last) seen: 89

Greedent, # of days since Greedent was first (and last) seen: 131

Hitmonchan, # of days since Hitmonchan was first (and last) seen: 227

Binacle, # of days since Binacle was first (and last) seen: 290

If you have spotted one of these elusive pokemon, please let us know.

esquilo09

I'm curious because of the random Infernape in the OP. Unless Ash's comes back, Gary seems like the most likely character for it to appear alongside. It could be an interesting matchup for Lucario.

------

While you will usually see Goh's pokemon interacting in the background at Sakuragi park, there are a couple that that have evaded any kind of appearance, with small Magicarp only recently leaving the "Did the writers forget Goh caught them?" jail.

Excluding Suicune who is roaming, Pokemon of Goh's that haven't been seen since they were caught/ evolved are:

Morelull, # of days since Morlull was first (and last) seen: 54

Drowzee, # of days since Drowzee was first (and last) seen: 68

Diglett, # of days since Diglett was first (and last) seen: 75

Arctozolt, # of days since Arctozolt was first (and last) seen: 89

Greedent, # of days since Greedent was first (and last) seen: 131

Hitmonchan, # of days since Hitmonchan was first (and last) seen: 227

Binacle, # of days since Binacle was first (and last) seen: 290

If you have spotted one of these elusive pokemon, please let us know.
You forgot Wingull who was first (and last) seen: 31.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I don't mind Ash with Toxitricity. It seems a nice addition to his team as well as another galar rep.

Status
Not open for further replies.