• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
I only care about Ash owning more Galar mons anyways.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I only care about Ash owning more Galar mons anyways.

the only regions where I really want Ash to catch at least one more mon from except Galar is hoenn, kalos and alola.

and even then probably just 1 each nothing else.

granted if he got 1 more mon from sinnoh to promote those remakes it'd be fine too...but if it's piplup it better evolve fast.

Last edited:

Icy-Snowflake

New merch, here's my thoughts:
Ash: Toxtricity (yellow)
Goh: Toxtricity (blue) and all the others that I didn't said
Koharu: G. Ponyta, Snom, Alcremie
Leon: Charizard and Dragapult
TRio: Morpeko
EyYXK3HWEAM3GIv
Hasn't it been an year since Alcremie started appearing in merch?
First row + Corviknight - Ash
Second row + Alcremie/Polteageist - Goh
Eevee and G. Ponyta + Polteageist/Alcremie - Chloe (Yamper could've been included in this merch, but who cares)
Snom fits all the three, so anyone can get it.
Charizard and Dragapult - Leon
Wooloo - Interestingly it's right after Leon's Pokemon... So Galarian Hau
Morpeko - TRio (Chewtle who?)

Master Pikachu 11

I think Goh will get them
I hope not Corviknight, that’s my favorite Gen 8 mon.
Watch Leon have Dubwool, Corviknight and Amped (Low key- Piers), Hop gets a cameo.

Still waiting for the Falinks episode.

I wonder if Gary will have Infernape, or perhaps Flint?

Looking forward to more Galar pokemon joining the cast.

Goh's next legendary encounter will probably come soon.
Would love to see Flint again as it would be great to see that rematch between him and Ash again, even better if he used Infernape.
I'm curious because of the random Infernape in the OP. Unless Ash's comes back, Gary seems like the most likely character for it to appear alongside. It could be an interesting matchup for Lucario.

------

While you will usually see Goh's pokemon interacting in the background at Sakuragi park, there are a couple that that have evaded any kind of appearance, with small Magicarp only recently leaving the "Did the writers forget Goh caught them?" jail.

Excluding Suicune who is roaming, Pokemon of Goh's that haven't been seen since they were caught/ evolved are:

Morelull, # of days since Morlull was first (and last) seen: 54

Drowzee, # of days since Drowzee was first (and last) seen: 68

Diglett, # of days since Diglett was first (and last) seen: 75

Arctozolt, # of days since Arctozolt was first (and last) seen: 89

Greedent, # of days since Greedent was first (and last) seen: 131

Hitmonchan, # of days since Hitmonchan was first (and last) seen: 227

Binacle, # of days since Binacle was first (and last) seen: 290

If you have spotted one of these elusive pokemon, please let us know.
you forgot Wingull, which also hasn’t been seen
the only regions where I really want Ash to catch at least one more mon from except Galar is hoenn, kalos and alola.

and even then probably just 1 each nothing else.

granted if he got 1 more mon from sinnoh to promote those remakes it'd be fine too...but if it's piplup it better evolve fast
Agreed one of the reasons that I wanted him to catch Absol because I wanted to see him add to his Hoenn team even if he doesn’t get Absol, I still hope that he can at least catch one Hoenn Pokémon at the very least.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I'm not sure why people want Ash to catch yet another Pokemon when we have most underdeveloped team of his to date but I digress.
Yeah. It's a sad reality when Koharu's Pokemon get more screentime and focus than Ash's do.

PsychoLogical

I'm not sure why people want Ash to catch yet another Pokemon when we have most underdeveloped team of his to date but I digress.
I stopped caring about development a long time ago since half of the time in recent sagas it was nothing but trash or nonexistent to me.

Then again, I’m pretty sure most viewers give no shitz on development anyways since it was never important to them and those that do are simply a minority that are just or have gotten too invested.

Last edited:

Red and Blue

Even if we don't want Ash to get more Pokemon that won't stop the writers from deciding to give him a few more captures. It's not like giving every single Pokemon equal attention has ever been their biggest priority

PsychoLogical

Even if we don't want Ash to get more Pokemon that won't stop the writers from deciding to give him a few more captures. It's not like giving every single Pokemon equal attention has ever been their biggest priority
That’s cause it never was. The main priority was always marketing since that was the point of the entire anime’s existence. They could have him own over 15 captures in one series and they would still have nothing to lose. Fans would lose greatly but not them. It’s an endless time loop serving one purpose and one purpose alone. Not once have they actually cared about screentime or any of that crap, it was a problem that existed since the beginning and will never get resolved. Just the harsh reality of it all which alot don’t seem to acknowledge or admit, or at least refuse to admit.

Last edited:

Master Pikachu 11

Frankly I am ready for him to get more captures after the last two series of him not getting many Pokémon or in XY going back home with just three in hand, I really think it’s time to add more this time because at the end of the day even with less Pokémon not all of them get development and most kids really don’t care about development, they just want to see their favorite Pokémon on screen getting captured and being used in battle. Since Ash is mostly the battle guy that is why I want to see him get some of my favorites because I know that he will use them in battle at least once and as long as I get to see them battle once then that is good enough for me.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
You forgot Wingull who was first (and last) seen: 31.
Huh, could have sworn. Away from home so I can't hunt for the scene, but I guess that would make it the second most incognito of Goh's Pokémon after Binacle. More than 7 months since Hitmonchan, Wingul and Binacle (10) were caught with no appearance, and people thought Gengar had it bad.

dman_dustin

Gary asked his grandfather to borrow Ash's Infernape, sweeps Ash's entire team.

Because the past two captures have been duds.......oh no here come the dislikes.
To be clear I don't hate Ash's Farfetch'd/Sirfetch'd as a character, I just hate that it exists to begin with (on his team), I'm still confused as to how in the hell they thought Farfetch'd was a good idea after Riolu, while Go gets Sobble and also while FANS insist there's no Go favortism

Decidueye23

I might be in the minority here but i really dont care for Gengar as much. Like i am fine with it not appearing that often. I think it is the only one of Ash's mons thats actually gotten shafted and i dont mind that. I do prefer Dragonite, Lucario, Sirfetchd over it.

I am not including Dracovish only because its a recent capture. And it seems to be appearing soon so i ll give it the benefit of doubt.

Plus honestly we might be looking at a 4 year series. No way are they going without giving Ash any pokemon. I still think he ll get 3 more. To finish of 5 galar mons. (Tox, Corv, and GDarman seem like a safe bet imo)

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I might be in the minority here but i really dont care for Gengar as much. Like i am fine with it not appearing that often. I think it is the only one of Ash's mons thats actually gotten shafted and i dont mind that. I do prefer Dragonite, Lucario, Sirfetchd over it.

I am not including Dracovish only because its a recent capture. And it seems to be appearing soon so i ll give it the benefit of doubt.

Plus honestly we might be looking at a 4 year series. No way are they going without giving Ash any pokemon. I still think he ll get 3 more. To finish of 5 galar mons. (Tox, Corv, and GDarman seem like a safe bet imo)
You’re not alone. I don’t care for it, Dragonite, or Lucario. Despite that I still think they all deserve consist screentime since if they’re going to be a part of the cast, they better make the most of it.

DuskAstral

I really think it’s time to add more this time
In my opinion, it would be better to have few Pokémon but a stronger bond with them than a lot of Pokémon but weaker bond
. I still think he ll get 3 more. To finish of 5 galar mons. (Tox, Corv, and GDarman seem like a safe bet imo)
I doubt he got that many Pokémon from Galar. Looking at this series, I get the impression that the developers are more likely to give him "older" pokémon than those from the newest region.

Status
Not open for further replies.