• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decidueye23

Alright. I have a question. What are some of the pokemon you think the past characters have missed out on and can have now when they re appear

I would say:
Haxorus and zweilous for Iris

Vivillon and Skrelp/Clauncher/Mudkip for Serena ( honestly i dont understand why they gave serena such few pokemon and dor some reason i always wanted her to get clauncher and Skrelp and Vivillon)

Vaporeon and Dewpider for Lana
Lurantis for Mallow ( imagine her getting a fomantis that loves chopping stuff, that would help her with cooking and the restaraunt so much!)

nickdt

Alright. I have a question. What are some of the pokemon you think the past characters have missed out on and can have now when they re appear

I would say:

Vivillon and Skrelp/Clauncher/Mudkip for Serena ( honestly i dont understand why they gave serena such few pokemon and dor some reason i always wanted her to get clauncher and Skrelp and Vivillon)

Lurantis for Mallow ( imagine her getting a fomantis that loves chopping stuff, that would help her with cooking and the restaraunt so much!)

Manectric for Clemont, Nosepass for Brock, Azumarill for Misty (At least she has Azurill now). Lilligant or Whimsicott are both elegant grass types, which would have fit right in with Cilans goal being a coinneussers (Or however you write that word). And then we have Altaria for May and Chatot for Dawn, both could have helped greatly with their contest goals. Spritzee or Swirlix for Serena would have worked.

Last edited:

I would say:

James : Swalott
Brock : Baby Abra -> Kadabra // Lunatone
May : Arcanine
Dawn : Bring Back Ambipom :( // Mismagius
Cilan : Chikorita -> Bayleef -> Meganium
Iris : Zweilous and Lairon
Clemont : Numel
Serena: Mawile and Mudkip (Egg)
Lillie : Ribombee
Kiawe : Magmar

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."

LazySpy

Kimty
...how is it a dumb goal? That's the goal of millions and millions of Pokémon games players, oh I see the Goh hate train is still going (and now people from toxic Bulbagarden joining here).
Why do you keep bringing up people from Bulbagarden joining as if that's bad? Genuinely curious.

Because I think it's a good thing if the communities here and there will better understand each other.

Last edited:

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Mudkip really need some redemption. Chespin too. Hopefully they'll get their chance at some point, wether here or on whatever comes next for this (thankfully) never ending show.

-------------------

Anyway, I've recieved my copy of the second volume of the manga based in this series. I've found funny how it "speedruns" episode/events. Like last volume ended with Scorbunny's evolution and the first chapter of the second was an adaptation of Raboot's farewell episode.

But what I really want to bring here is that it simply ignored Dragonite's and Gengar's capture episodes and just mentioned them in the passing through a panel for it. Only Riolu's capture episode got an adaption. Then, they adapt the first match with Bea and Ash has Farfetch'd already. I had to go back and check if I missed him in the montage but I didn't. I assume he probably explained it but I just flipped through the pages and didn't try to read yet.

I really wish they should had just let Machito Gomi tell some original stories between events/episodes of the show.

(By the way, the volume ends with an adaptation of Zapdos' raid episode)

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Broke: Lucario/Cinderace as fast buddies
Woke: Inteleon/Cinderace as parents
Reminds me of when Inteleon/Cinderace was really big in the Japan Twitter shipping community last year. It's mostly died down now but I suspect it'll have a resurgence once Drizzile evolves

I'm a little lost. Anybody still has that Calendar picture with Goh and Ash's Pokemon which included Piplup and Absol?
Here you go! :)

Guys check this out

Anipoke Twitter account posted this!

It seems like Absol and Piplup might play bigger roles than we thought!

Otherwise it seems odd to group them in with Ash, Gou, Chloe, Leon and Raihan's Pokémon doesn't it?

Ash - Lucario, Gengar, Dragonite, Sirfetch'd, Dracovish
Gou- Cinderace, Sobble, Grookey, Scizor, Misdreavus, Skwovet
Chloe - Yamper, Eevee, G. Ponyta (?)
Leon - Charizard
Raihan - Duraludon
Morpeko - Team Rocket

So where do Absol and Piplup fit into this?

Get your Capture Speculations started!

Mew2

Team Rocket's Enemy
I think Dawn is close, I think the opening will change in the middle of the year and Dawn will appear, maybe that Piplup is hers
I certainly hope she does appear in the not too distant future. Brilliant Diamond and Shining Pearl is coming out by the holiday season this year and Legends Arceus, whose player characters look to be dead ringers for Lucas and Dawn, enough that there are some theories that they're either their ancestors or even Lucas and Dawn being sent to the past, so I think the animé would be foolish to not bring back Dawn in some capacity during the release window of BD/SP and Legends Arceus especially considering that she is still pretty popular.

Samurott

Brock: Swampert
Misty: Kingdra
May: Ampharos, Sunflora
Dawn: Lopunny, Mawile
Iris: Haxorus, Dragalge
Cilan: Slowking, Furfrou
Serena: Pangoro, Milotic, Bellossom, Sneasel
Clemont: Eelektross
Lillie: Ninetales
Lana: Vaporeon, Mantine, Dewpider
Kiawe: Flareon
Mallow: Leafeon
Sophocles: Jolteon

Trainer Micah

Kinda made me wonder what if Dawn doesn't appear what if Goh captures both Absol and Piplup what then?
Makes me wonder..?

Also i think i'll keep a surprise on Ash's next pokemon reason eh i am thinking of a dark pokemon but it isn't Weavile or Absol so you all know..

Status
Not open for further replies.