• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Pikachu 11

Why do you keep bringing up people from Bulnagarden joining as if that's bad? Genuinely curious.

Because I think it's a good thing if the communities here and there will better understand each other.
There are some members here that have made an account over there anyway, so I agree that there is nothing wrong with those that have an account there deciding to join here.
Kinda made me wonder what if Dawn doesn't appear what if Goh captures both Absol and Piplup what then?
Makes me wonder..?

Also i think i'll keep a surprise on Ash's next pokemon reason eh i am thinking of a dark pokemon but it isn't Weavile or Absol so you all know..
rather not see Goh catch Piplup when he already has Drizzile which will eventually be Inteleon and all Piplup will do is steal Drizzile’s/ eventual Inteleon’s spotlight as he brings his starters with him during his travels to other regions more then any of his other Pokémon. Piplup would be better off on Ash’s team since he doesn’t have a starter on his team and they can finally change things up for a change and have Ash promote the remakes since he is usually the one that has promoted the new Gen games for the last few series.

Last edited:

DuskAstral

Piplup would be better off on Ash’s team

Well, it so happens not. There will be much stronger opponents in Hyper Class, so Piplup will be unnecessary for him. I think it is not for nothing that all of his traps in Journeys (so far) can no longer evolve, or only have one evolutionary form.
Piplup will be a Koharu Pokémon rather

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
Brock: Swampert
Misty: Kingdra
May: Ampharos, Sunflora
Dawn: Lopunny, Mawile
Iris: Haxorus, Dragalge
Cilan: Slowking, Furfrou
Serena: Pangoro, Milotic, Bellossom, Sneasel
Clemont: Eelektross
Lillie: Ninetales
Lana: Vaporeon, Mantine, Dewpider
Kiawe: Flareon
Mallow: Leafeon
Sophocles: Jolteon

Brock: Definitely Swampert, Ninetales is a close second.
Misty: Definitely Kingdra.
May: Altaria
Dawn: Typhlosion, but I think it has a good shot of happening if she returns.
Iris: The Deino-line - that or that shiny Druddigon.
Cilan: Not sure really..
Serena: Something from Hoenn, I guess something Gen3'ish, like Milotic would've been cool.
Clemont: Honestly, that Tyrantrum.. Even if the researchfacility owned it.. :p
Lillie: Alolan Sandslash
Lana: Dewpider
Kiawe: I don't think he really missed out on anything. His team is well-rounded and there weren't any moment where I thought he was left out.
Mallow: Oranguru
Sophocles: Minior

Ash: Houndour in Johto - or shiny Phantump in Kalos.

Last edited:

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
...how is it a dumb goal? That's the goal of millions and millions of Pokémon games players, oh I see the Goh hate train is still going (and now people from toxic Bulbagarden joining here).

First of all, in the games it is fine, in the anime it is not. Pokémon are living creatures and the goal is impractical. The anime staff realized this very early on by having Ash give up in trying to mass capture to catch up to Gary. There was only 151 Pokémon at the time and in the anime it was already thrown out the window. You see how "Gotta Catch 'Em All" was slowly phased out?

Goh's goal is dumb. Catch ALL Pokémon in order to catch Mew? Why not just hunt for Mew specifically? If Mew has the genes of all Pokémon why not just study ALL Pokémon by having Mew just use Transform?

Goh's dream of catching Mew is fine but his goal of catching all Pokémon is poorly handled and impractical in the anime.

I don't hate Goh, I hate the way they are handling his goal. There's a difference.

Also whom are you referring to with that Bulbapedia comment?

Dragalge

"Orange" Magical Girl
First of all, in the games it is fine, in the anime it is not. Pokémon are living creatures and the goal is impractical. The anime staff realized this very early on by having Ash give up in trying to mass capture to catch up to Gary. There was only 151 Pokémon at the time and in the anime it was already thrown out the window. You see how "Gotta Catch 'Em All" was slowly phased out?

Goh's goal is dumb. Catch ALL Pokémon in order to catch Mew? Why not just hunt for Mew specifically? If Mew has the genes of all Pokémon why not just study ALL Pokémon by having Mew just use Transform?

Goh's dream of catching Mew is fine but his goal of catching all Pokémon is poorly handled and impractical in the anime.

I don't hate Goh, I hate the way they are handling his goal. There's a difference.

Also whom are you referring to with that Bulbapedia comment?
In fairness, Gotta Catch em All was never the slogan in Japanese from the beginning.

ShadowForce720

Well, it so happens not. There will be much stronger opponents in Hyper Class, so Piplup will be unnecessary for him. I think it is not for nothing that all of his traps in Journeys (so far) can no longer evolve, or only have one evolutionary form.
Piplup will be a Koharu Pokémon rather
They can easily just have Ash’s hypothetical Piplup already be somewhat experienced and then have it evolve quickly.

Like for instance let’s say Ash gets Piplup in June or July of this year they can then have it evolve into Prinplup in October or November and then have it evolve again into a Empoleon in November/December or early(January-March) next year.

So it wouldn’t be that hard for them to catch the potential Piplup up to the rest of Ash’s Pokémon.

Status
Not open for further replies.