• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Pikachu 11

Well, it so happens not. There will be much stronger opponents in Hyper Class, so Piplup will be unnecessary for him. I think it is not for nothing that all of his traps in Journeys (so far) can no longer evolve, or only have one evolutionary form.
Piplup will be a Koharu Pokémon rather
Well much to you and Nickdt saying otherwise, he can still get Piplup even if he is in the Hyper class. I expect Ash to remain in the hyper class for the foreseeable future, since that is where in my opinion is his current skill set is at. I am basing it on his past series and I don’t think base on his current team that they are all capable of defeating the Elite 4 and Champions. Since this series should go on for a 4th year instead of the typical 3, I am expecting his current rise in the rankings to start slowing down like Goh’s catching sprees. So if he does get Piplup it can evolve rather quickly to get to Empoleon since writers have been rushing Goh’s starter’s evolutions, they can do the same with Piplup. With that in mind, I don’t expect Ash to battle Leon until the end of series as the final important plot point, the 3 rd opening is very similar to SM’s 3 rd opening where we saw Kukui starting to prepare for the league but that didn’t mean that the league was coming soon, just like this current opening does not mean Ash will take on Leon yet.

BobbbidyBob

Doofus incoming: Totally unrelated but Allister listens to twenty one pilots, like look at his face. Headcanon accepted or what

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
Not sure why people expected any different.

dman_dustin

It was made pretty clear in the advertising for the Iris episode that she'd only be in one episode.

I don't see how, I mean they got what they wanted out of it I fail to see why mentioning a hypothetical 2nd episode would be relevant to the point, or did you mean they'd at least confirm it would be multiple episodes? To which I could see.

Samurott

Not sure why people expected any different.

Exactly, because how dare the fans ask for an Iris two parter when we have much more important ground to cover such as Pikachu getting jealous over Riolu, getting ice cream in Unova, Chrysa's personal life, and watching Plusle and Minun do handyman work! Maybe if the white flower Flabebe evolves, we get a follow-up episode of the remaining four Flabebe forming a barbershop quartet!

Me personally, I'm waiting for episodes focusing on Ren and Magnemite backstory, Goh's Binacle's two heads not getting along, and last but not least, Heracross and Pinsir getting a divorce and seeing who gets the tree they live in! If we're lucky, we'll get an episode about Professor Cerise filing his taxes with an added bonus of him getting to write off Ash and Goh's plane tickets as a business expense!

No but seriously, if one of the Flabebe evolves, it'll build up to what I think they'll end up doing, which is an evolution stone episode where Goh finds a bunch of them in the Sinnoh underground and use them all on his Pokemon (he has at least seven right now that can evolve fully by using one).

desdar300

Well, it so happens not. There will be much stronger opponents in Hyper Class, so Piplup will be unnecessary for him. I think it is not for nothing that all of his traps in Journeys (so far) can no longer evolve, or only have one evolutionary form.
Piplup will be a Koharu Pokémon rather
Where in the world did a Pokemon being small and cute stop it from being a formidable opponent in the anime?
Also somebody on his team needs to eat up screen time now that most of them have evolved and become irrelevant

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I'm just waiting for the next Alolan trip. Can't believe that region has only gotten one episode so far
We were literally just there...
It's far worse for Unova, BW feels like an eternity ago and so far it's just been Golurk, an episode that was 'set' there but it just felt like another Vermilion City episode as the only Unova thing about it was the TRio using Sawk and Throh. Iris is the third one...

Hoenn's had a fair few now.
Kanto's had FAR too much
Sinnoh may not have a lot either but it's obviously going to get a push when the remake and Legends come out, Unova doesn't really have anything and probably won't for another decade(Unova Legends pls!). Unova deserves better than it's gotten so far and this could be the perfect chance to rectify their mistake and give us a proper Ash/Zekrom interaction in the anime, and let the non-Meloetta mythicals get some screentime
Not to mention Unova's a popular gen, most of the hate is just gen wunners going 'Ice cream and trash bags as Pokemon?! LUL!' while ignoring Grimer/Voltorb/Magnemite :rolleyes:
And Kalos might get more focus too if Ash gets Mega Evolution, I'm still convinced he is.

Alola should have the least amount cause we were just there, it doesn't need focus apart from wrapping up the Lillie stuff. Everything apart from the komodo and Marshadow got covered

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Thinking Ash isn’t getting anything else from here is incredibly unrealistic anyways. You srsly think we’re going to last the rest of the series with nothing and having a fully evolved team at this time? Give me a break, even HxH getting cancelled is more likely. And unlike other captures, Dracovish had no vibe being a final capture. Ash owning more captures is actually highly realistic and likely happening much to some’s chagrin and even if all some of you will do is lamely rant on and on about this or that regarding that. It’s just the harsh reality of it.

Red and Blue

Still think Ash is in for one or two more captures before calling it quits. There is still plenty of time

Status
Not open for further replies.