• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ChampioN One

The chosen One!

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
Our boi Infernape bout to remind us he's the original Greninja lol
Don't even compare Infernape to Greninja. The only thing Greninja has going for it is the Battle Bond gimmick, an anime only thing that they gave it because they didn't want to bother with giving Ash a Mega Evolution in an attempt to keep his team strictly Gen 6. Hell, it was completely devoid of any personality and characterestics upon reaching the final evolution. Infernape on the other hand is a far more wholesome and developed character with a proper story arc and conclusion.

Don't even compare Infernape to Greninja. The only thing Greninja has going for it is the Battle Bond gimmick, an anime only thing that they gave it because they didn't want to bother with giving Ash a Mega Evolution in an attempt to keep his team strictly Gen 6. Hell, it was completely devoid of any personality and characterestics upon reaching the final evolution. Infernape on the other hand is a far more wholesome and developed character with a proper story arc and conclusion.
Oh no, Infernape stans comparing that Pokemon with Greninja for 628939363838 time

Zariful

So we see that Ash and his Infernape are working together again. Does this give you all hope that the rest of the mons aren't glorified cameos and will also do stuff as well?

charinija

Pokemon Master
I think Infernape is one of Ash's 6 strongest Pokemon. Greninja is the strongest.

Infernape's Blaze was shown almost invincible when active. Let's see how long Blaze will last against Moltres.

However, after showing so many legends, Goh throws pokeball again in the last scene.

I hope they don't give Goh another legendary Pokemon again.

The only worrying part about the trailer is Goh again.

nickdt

I think Infernape is one of Ash's 6 strongest Pokemon. Greninja is the strongest.

Infernape's Blaze was shown almost invincible when active. Let's see how long Blaze will last against Moltres.

However, after showing so many legends, Goh throws pokeball again in the last scene.

Base Greninja is weak though.

What are base Greninja's feats? And compare those with Talonflame and Hawlucha. Talonflame and Hawluca don't need a power buff to shine, unlike Weakninja.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Will be extremely disappointed if these two new characters are the only Urshifu representation we see. They have nice designs but I wanted to see Mustard and Honey debut them. Hopefully Kubfu shows up with them.
Ash might end up getting one, because he needs one in order to challenge the Towers on the Isle of Armor, unless they completely change how the Towers work.

the strongest is "peak"achu, 2) Greninja , 3) Charizard & blazeape, 4) sceptile, 5)incine

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
I'll never understand the pedestal Greninja gets put on for his relatively lacking battle record. He never carried a team like Charizard did vs Gary or Infernape did vs Paul, he never outright beat Diantha in their training match, his Ash Greninja form was an over glorified pseudo Mega Evolution. Yeah he beat Mega Abomosnow and Mega Sceptile... I'm positive Charizard and Infernape could do that too without Mega Evolution.
We haven't even talked about peak Pikachu either lol

nuzamaki90

Will be extremely disappointed if these two new characters are the only Urshifu representation we see. They have nice designs but I wanted to see Mustard and Honey debut them. Hopefully Kubfu shows up with them.
Come to think, we didn’t see Asahi’s Pokémon huh? Man I really hope she doesn’t have Rapid Strike Urshifu lol please give one to Ash damn it

I'll never understand the pedestal Greninja gets put on for his relatively lacking battle record. He never carried a team like Charizard did vs Gary or Infernape did vs Paul, he never outright beat Diantha in their training match, his Ash Greninja form was an over glorified pseudo Mega Evolution. Yeah he beat Mega Abomosnow and Mega Sceptile... I'm positive Charizard and Infernape could do that too without Mega Evolution.
We haven't even talked about peak Pikachu either lol
That is painfully easy to answer

Status
Not open for further replies.