• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
You want me to tell you why people think he's too strong? Ok i'll tell you

Infernape is too powerful. But flint Infernape (E4) beats him with one hit, literally like a fly

Alain's MCX Beats Malva (E4) and her Mega Houndoom even after defeating 5 Mega Pokemon, he just used some berried

So ... Greninja vs MCX was a level E4 + battle.

This is why people think that Greninja is broken
Greninja took 3 hits and fainted against Alain's Mega Charizard. I mean that is better than 1

Alain's Mega Charizard is a monster, but he's so inconsistent. The 10 Mega Challenge was its greatest feat and yet it couldn't hang with Seibold's Mega Blastoise during his early run nor could it do considerable damage to Steven's Mega Metagross. It couldn't even take Lysandre's Mega Gyarados 1 v 1. Either Diantha is the weakest Champion we've had to date (Iris's upcoming episode notwithstanding) or Ash's Greninja forcing her to Mega Evolve Gardevoir was a massive outlier.

I'm not claiming Infernape is stronger than Greninja, for the record, I'm just saying it has a much stronger quantifiable feat. As for Ash's Infernape vs Flint's, yes it was a stomp, with 2 outliers...
1. Ash's Infernape was newly evolved and didn't get to activate its special ability
2. Flint's Infernape is his Ace Pokemon, his very first companion, the Big Boss... Of course Ash's stood no chance.

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
Hawlucha's coming back !!!

I don't know much about Crown Tundra but is it the place where the player captures too many legendaries ? And IoA is where you meet Urshifu ?

Also, Dracovish seems to know ice fang. I still hope Iris is a gym leader and not a champion.

Infernape is punching Moltres. Oak is coming. Charizard is doing something probably. Bulbasaur, please use Solar Beam.

Anybody knows what they were saying in the video ?

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
No Tracey, eh? I guess anime-exclusive characters from previous series won't be shown... So no Max, Ritchie, Paul, Trip and Alain as well it seems...

But hey, since Infernape returned, I guess a Flint rematch is still possible...

Morax

King of heroes
I dont think his Infernape is joining his team permanently.
He probably needed to take a strong fire type Pokemon since he went exploring a really cold area - CT
Nothing suggests that ash took infernape with him. I mean i hope he does but the article says nothing of that sort.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Welp there goes Ash's chances of catching a Kubfu (probably for the best since he already has 2 or maybe 3 fighters if Infernape joins him)

OLD RESERVES WERE THE HYPEST PART OF THIS!
I MISSED THEM!!!

Nice to see you again Oak and Gary

Can't wait to see Iris bust out her nearly evolved Haxorus lol

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
Reminder: Having reserves is not tantamount to having no future captures... It's just lessened...

No Absol... Urshifu still possible since Kubfu is yet to appear and the other Urshifu forme... Then there's the old Larvitar...

The 10 Mega Challenge was its greatest feat and yet it couldn't hang with Seibold's Mega Blastoise during his early run nor could it do considerable damage to Steven's Mega Metagross
-well, siebold had a type advantage, plus Alain tells Malva that he has gotten stronger after losing

-Metagross vs Charizard never ended, and it was even

-Anime is different from games, it is not confirmed that Diantha is the weakest

Morax

King of heroes
Yes, because base Greninja can't defeat Mega's (It has the worse feats out of any of the Kalos mons, except for Noivern).
Dude ash greninja and greninja are the same pokemon. Relying on a transformation doesn't make you weak. By that logic base goku is weaker than yamcha.

nickdt

Dude ash greninja and greninja are the same pokemon. Relying on a transformation doesn't make you weak. By that logic base goku is weaker than yamcha.

Yes it does.

Blaze Torracat would have never been able to defeat Kukuincineroar with the power buff.

Regular Greninja is weak, since it has worse feats than Talonflame and Hawlucha, who don't need a power buff to land hits on Mega's and legendaries, whereas Greninja needs that power buff. So yeah, Greninja is weaker than them by default because of its regular form not being able to do so and needing a power buff to do so.

Look at Zard. It was brought to his knees by a measly Pikachu, who was already weakened as well. Then it turned full beast mode when Mega Zard.

Morax

King of heroes
Yes it does.

Blaze Torracat would have never been able to defeat Kukuincineroar with the power buff.

Regular Greninja is weak, since it has worse feats than Talonflame and Hawlucha, who don't need a power buff to land hits on Mega's and legendaries, whereas Greninja needs that power buff. So yeah, Greninja is weaker than them by default because of its regular form not being able to do so and needing a power buff to do so.
SO goku is weaker than yamcha? got it

nickdt

SO goku is weaker than yamcha? got it

Did Goku only rely on a power-buff to shine? Nope

Did Greninja only rely on a power-buff to Shine? Yes (Proves its base form is weak)

So its comparing oranges with apples.

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
-well, siebold had a type advantage, plus Alain tells Malva that he has gotten stronger after losing

-Metagross vs Charizard never ended, and it was even

-Anime is different from games, it is not confirmed that Diantha is the weakest
- Type advantage? Charizard X is Fire/Dragon, it takes neutral damage from Water moves. That being said, yes Alain and Zard got stronger as the series progressed, however... still couldn't take Lysandre's Mega Gyarados 1 v 1 after beating Ash's Greninja, 3 times.

- Even is generous, but I'll concede the battle never concluded

- Where did I mention the game? I said based on Greninja forcing Diantha to Mega Evolve Gardevoir, it either makes her the weakest Champion or in all likelihood, as I stated, it's an outlier feat and Greninja wasn't actually Champion level at all.
That's... not wrong actually. Base Goku doesn't have the ×50 boost the Super Saiyan transformation offers. Same character, different power... unless you think Ash's Greninja in Base can beat his own Ash-Greninja form.

Status
Not open for further replies.