• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Where did I mention the game? I said based on Greninja forcing Diantha to Mega Evolve Gardevoir, it either makes her the weakest Champion or in all likelihood, as I stated, it's an outlier feat and Greninja wasn't actually Champion level at all.
Blastoise had dragon pulse, he had an advantage

You are based on the fact that Greninja is weak to say that Gardevoir is also weak, when it is shown that CharizadX is above an E4 and Greninja is at least at the same level as an E4

Being Greninja level E4, it can hurt Mega Gardevoir distracted, or I have to remind you that an E4 is not that far from a champion XD

nickdt

YES. Goku has recieved loads and loads of power-ups after he met bulma.

But before he met Bulma, he didn't get them and as such, wasn't relying on them. Keyword: AFTER.

Talonflames feats
Tanked a Fire Blast from its FE form as a Fletchling, Hit a Mega Lucario as a Fletchinder, Tanked a Fire Blast from a Moltres as a Fletchinder. Hit a Moltres as a Talonflame. Fought a Zapdos. Took down a mon in all its gym matches before going down, except against Grant. Took down a mon in all its league matches before going down, carried Ash through the matches with Valerie and Olympia (Literally against Olympia, since Ash and Frogadier would have been boned without Talonflame).

Base Greninja's feats. Umm... i can't remember any of them, except against Ramos and against an already weakened Bisharp, who fought Hawlucha and Goodra beforehand.

Greninja with power-buff: defeats Sawyers Mega, defeats Wulfrics Mega and assumely the match against that Altaria during the league (Which i don't count, since it happened off-screen).

So comparing all those feats: Talonflame is hands down the stronger battler of the 2 in base form and due to its feats, also the ace of the Kalos team, since it contributed more than the other members of the Kalos team (COMBINED no less).

You can't argue against facts, especially if they are handed to you on a silver platter.

Decidueye23

The article states something to the effect of infernape not appearing frequently at oaks lab. I feel moltres could be the reason. Also the symbolism that infernape appears in an episode in which a rival of Ash who owns an electivire appears is not lost on me.

Honestly i feel like if this is going to be a 4 year series Ash will get new mons. Even if reserves are in play. He could still get 2 3 mons eithout any problems.

I think the two new trainers will own the two urhsifu we have seen so far in merch. Maybe the boys will get toxtricities as their next captures.

nickdt

You know ? this is getting tiring, the people who don't accept Greninja's strength are the same people who looked down on Charizad before 2015

Again: What Strength? Base Greninja is weak af, as i have already presented and proven with comparing its feats with Talonflames feats in base form.

In base form, Talonflame is hands down the stronger battler of the 2.

Funny thing is: Talonflames feats get downplayed because of the Greninja fanboys, who can't see any flaws in Greninja, while its already factually proven Talonflame is the stronger battler in base form.

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
What will actually happen is that Infernape will beat Moltres. Greninja will come back and beat Articuno. Then a Zapdos will come and beat both of them like a stinking rattata.

Then Hawlucha will bring out it's true power, beat Zapdos and take his revenge, cementing himself as Ash's strongest Pokemon.

Just look at the feats, Greninja fanboy and compare them. What feats does Base Greninja have compared to Talonflames. He has none.
Eww.. Greninja fanboy? Not thanks, I only defend what I see in the anime

If you have such a hard time differentiating them, then from now on I will say "Ash-Greninja"

Last edited:

Decidueye23

Just look at the feats, Greninja fanboy and compare them. What feats does Base Greninja have compared to Talonflames. He has none.
Why are you separating Ash greninja from greninja? It is its power up. Its part of the pokemon. Talonflame has been consistent and i perosnally feel is Ash's strongest bird. Base Grenija or Ssh Greninja arent two different pokemon. They are the same pokemon so i dont think it makes sense to separate those two and talk.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Infernape could definitely beat down Moltres, I'd rather Moltres go free though. Articuno would be a cooler catch for Ash
Based on the article, I'm not sure whether Infernape going to join as regular Journey cast.
If he does Paul is basically confirmed at some point lol
I'd rather Incineroar came full time over Infernape and Charizard though, he needs it

Status
Not open for further replies.