• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickdt

Why are you separating Ash greninja from greninja? It is its power up. Its part of the pokemon. Talonflame has been consistent and i perosnally feel is Ash's strongest bird. Base Grenija or Ssh Greninja arent two different pokemon. They are the same pokemon so i dont think it makes sense to separate those two and talk.

Power wise, Greninja and Ash-Greninja are two different Pokemon (Thats my argument, not that they are 2 separate mons entirely).

Ash-Greninja (The form), can defeat Mega's while base Greninja (The non-form), can't.

As such, i don't think its fair to combine both Ash-Greninja's wins into base Greninja's wins, since the form (Power-Buff) can do what the base form can't. Just like i won't combine Alains regular Zards feats with his Mega's feats, since they are on a different power level (Base Zard was brought on its knees by a weakened Pikachu, which Pikachu wouldn't be able to do if it was a Mega, except if Pikachu would have been fresh, but then again, Pikachu wouldn't have been able to defeat Mega Zard at all, unless with a huge power-buff, especially since it already struggled 1v1 against a Mega Lucario that was inexperienced - before the gym match that is).

Base Greninja is weak, compared to Talonflame. Thats my argument. However, the form Greninja is stronger (Thats no contest).

However in terms of sheer power it goes: Base Greninja > Talonflame > Ash-Greninja. Feats prove this as a fact.

As such, Talonflame is the stronger battler of the 2, in base form (As i already explained as well), as proven by sheer feats alone and base Talonflame was the ace of the Kalos team because of this, since base Greninja contributed less to nothing to the overall Kalos gym run.

Its basically this
Talonflame - Gym run ace (Best feats during the gym run)
Ash-Greninja - League ace - with Talonflame coming second on feats in the league alone (Not counting Pikachu obviously, since not a regional mon).

Its basically the same as in Hoenn
Grovyle - Gym run ace (Best feats during the gym run)
Glalie - League Ace (Better feats during the league than the other mons)

Last edited:

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Blastoise had dragon pulse, he had an advantage

You are based on the fact that Greninja is weak to say that Gardevoir is also weak, when it is shown that CharizadX is above an E4 and Greninja is at least at the same level as an E4

Being Greninja level E4, it can hurt Mega Gardevoir distracted, or I have to remind you that an E4 is not that far from a champion XD
So any Pokemon that has a coverage move has a considered type advantage despite their actual typing? Alright, I'll keep that one in my back pocket.

Since you still love ignoring that neither Alain's Mega Charizard, nor Ash-Greninja could 1 v 1 Lysandre's Mega Gyarados, what opponents did Greninja defeat that made him E4 level? Hurting Alain's Charizard? Does that make Torterra E4 level since it hurt Bertha's Hippowdon?

Then i rest my case. no point in arguing with someone who thinks transformations make you a different person.
You don't seem to understand what your proposing in the first place... if Goku in base can't defeat an enemy, but Super Saiyan can, how is that not the transformations power? There's a reason the human characters in Dragonball feel like they have a chance against base saiyans compared to when they transform.

Aryash Bajaj

Say I'm fat again!
Wait, Charizard is also there with Infernape with at the start of the trailer. Just flying up.

It's possible that it's a three way fight. Ash (Charizard and Infernape) vs Moltres vs Random Pokemon or a double battle.

So any Pokemon that has a coverage move has a considered type advantage despite their actual typing? Alright, I'll keep that one in my back pocket.
-Okay, it is not Type Advantage as such, my mistake, but at least it had an advantage

-I don't know how strong that Gyarados is in the first place, that's why I didn't take it into account

-HIppowdown vs Torterra? It's a joke?
Hippowdon literally crushes him, although the poor turtle at least held out longer than Infernape ever did, I only remember a vague leaf storm after a tip from Bertha, lol

"Ash" (in case Nickit has trouble differentiating it) Greninja is stronger than Infernape man, Just accept it

Morax

King of heroes
Didnt w

Didnt we see him in the trailer with him ? o.o
Based on the information we have right now, Gary and Infernape are a part of the same episode which is a prelude to "project mew". The guy with the urshifu is a different episode and most probably the "project mew" thing. Also the background for the Gary/infernape episode suggests that they are still in kanto.

Based on the information we have right now, Gary and Infernape are a part of the same episode which is a prelude to "project mew". The guy with the urshifu is a different episode and most probably the "project mew" thing. Also the background for the Gary/infernape episode suggests that they are still in kanto.
So Gary won't go to CT?

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Why ? Gary and Infernape were seen in a cold area. Why does it imply its set in Kanto ? o.o

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Nah. I think Charizard's tail was clearly visible and it is very distinguishable from Moltres's tail.

That and the Pokemon was with Ash and Infernape. Why would Moltres let them come close if it senses hostility?
Can u upload a pic? U mean that Charizard went with Ash too?

Master Pikachu 11

Ok here is my predictions based on the trailer. Yes we see Ash’s reserves, but I don’t think all of them will be used. I think the guy with the Urshifu is going to be the reason that Ash and Goh go to IOA and I believe that Ash will catch Kubfu and evolve it to Rapid Strike Urshifu. I also still see Ash catching more pokemon because the writers still like giving Ash some new pokemon to work with. Now with Infernape, I think Ash bringing it back and showcasing it helps my case that I have been making in that Ash will be the one to promote the DP remakes. So since the writers like to make both Ash and Goh to be mirrors of each other like team wise, such as Flygon for Goh, Dragonite for Ash, Kanto Farfetch’d for Goh and G Farfetch’d for Ash; I believe that the Piplup that we have seen in merchandise has a chance to be captured by Ash to mirror Goh’s Galar starters because if he is using Infernape and I assume Torterra will be used as well then it makes sense for Ash to complete the Sinnoh starter set and have him capture Piplup.
If they do that then I'm going to become skeptical of Ash catching anything, especially considering that they are going to bring back his reserves.
we don’t know if he is going to use all of them considering, he hasn’t used his Alola team yet either. I think we may just see him use some of his DP team for promotion. But let’s not start jumping to conclusions just because he is using Infernape.

Morax

King of heroes
You don't seem to understand what your proposing in the first place... if Goku in base can't defeat an enemy, but Super Saiyan can, how is that not the transformations power?
The super saiyan transformation is only just a symbol of goku's hidden potential, it's something inherent to him. Similarly ash-greninja is greninja's true strength unleashed and given form. Basically you're opening the lid and letting the demon out if that makes sense.

Status
Not open for further replies.