• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Except he didn't, since we didn't see base Greninja battle (We only saw Froakie and Frogadier battle).
Ah yes, the imperfect veiled Grenina didn't exist. Nothing happened between episodes 100 and 121. I guess you really do believe AG just blinked into existence?

Joltik-Kid

Careful? Where's the fun in that?
Mega Evolution has taken the nerf button after XY... any base Pokemon can beat a Mega these days if its strong enough. Kakui's Incineroar one shot Mega Aggron with its Signature Z-Move, a Dark type move. Guzma did one better by just outright beating Mega Kangaskhan with his Scizor through strategy.

dman_dustin

Except he didn't, since we didn't see base Greninja battle (We only saw Froakie and Frogadier battle).
Base Grenjnja defeated a Scizor and Bisharp, don't equate gym battles to only considered battles.

Plus base Greninja managed to hit Diantha's Gardevoir, a result of strategy/tactics as it was otherwise doing nothing, showing that tactics/strategy also plays an important role.

nickdt

Base Grenjnja defeated a Scizor and Bisharp, don't equate gym battles to only considered battles.

Plus base Greninja managed to hit Diantha's Gardevoir, a result of strategy/tactics as it was otherwise doing nothing, showing that tactics/strategy also plays an important role.

Base Greninja managed to hit Diantha's Gardevoir.

Oh.. what a feat. Fletchinder managed to hit a Mega. Is more impressive in my book, since its a NFE.

You mean the same Bisharp that was weakened by Goodra and Hawlucha beforehand.... pfah, so impressive.

I only give you Scizor.

Joltik-Kid

As I was saying earlier... that particular feat looks like a massive outlier seeing where the series went afterwards. Greninja never came close to displaying that power again unless we all think Alain, Lysandre, and Malva are more powerful than Diantha

dman_dustin

Base Greninja managed to hit Diantha's Gardevoir.

Oh.. what a feat. Fletchinder managed to hit a Mega. Is more impressive in my book, since its a NFE.

You mean the same Bisharp that was weakened by Goodra and Hawlucha beforehand.... pfah, so impressive.

I only give you Scizor.

How the hell is Fletchinder's resisted push back against Mega Lucario which was destroyed by Alain's Charizard later, more impressive than Diantha recognizing the strategy Ash used to hit her Gardevoir......Champion vs Gym Leader......what could be more impressive?

As I was saying earlier... that particular feat looks like a massive outlier seeing where the series went afterwards. Greninja never came close to displaying that power again unless we all think Alain, Lysandre, and Malva are more powerful than Diantha

If Ash is stupid and not using Greninja properly than yes the others are stronger than Diantha.

We know Ash's major strength is being pushed into a corner, if Ash is too caught up in being in sync with Ash-Greninja I can see how instinct might prevail over strategy and do worse but better because of boosted strength.

Ash vs Diantha is definately an outlier since even in later battles he never displayed such order with the battle, Ash was on a mission, other battles felt more lax except maybe Wulfric.

Last edited:

nickdt

How the hell is Fletchinder's resisted push back against Mega Lucario which was destroyed by Alain's Charizard later, more impressive than Diantha recognizing the strategy Ash used to hit her Gardevoir......Champion vs Gym Leader......what could be more impressive?

NFE vs FE. Whats more impressive (NFE in my book).

kickachu

Momentai!
question what does project mew want with mew you think they might be the hidden main antagonist

dman_dustin

NFE vs FE. Whats more impressive (NFE in my book).

The fact that Ash's Greninja was getting its ass handed to it until that brillant strategy which impressed Diantha the champion prior to the 8th badges is far more of an impressive feat to me than a middle stage Pokemon at gym badge number three where said midde stage uses a blocked move by the mega then immediately being defeated by a not very effective move.

If you think Korrina's mega Lucario wouldn't have been demolished by Diantha's base form Gardevoir especially at that timeframe.....I don't know what to tell you.

Joltik-Kid

Pokemon truly is a watered down version of Dragonball, the original makeup power levels as you go, ask questions later, be as inconsistent as possible series. Can you believe that even today, people still debate Kid Buu vs Super Buu?
Pikachu is unarguably Ash's strongest pokémon.
I whole heartily standby that statement, but the can of worms that come with it are monumental, probably moreso back in the day. The Zard community assuredly will claim that Pikachu is the beneficiary of being a show mainstay thus allowing it to grow in power

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
I whole heartily standby that statement, but the can of worms that come with it are monumental, probably moreso back in the day. The Zard community assuredly will claim that Pikachu is the beneficiary of being a show mainstay thus allowing it to grow in power
After the Alola league, I don't think anyone has the right to even speak against Pikachu lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.