• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morax

King of heroes
This episode left me with the impression that Chloe will get episodes where she has her Eevee interacts with one of its evos. Assuming that does happen, I could see Serena being the one to feature Sylveon. Specially because she's had a similar problem before.
You seriously want them to waste her cameo on something so mundane? lol

KingMinun

Dawn/Sinnoh Fan!
Liked the idea that someone said that Infernape has run away from the lab because it senses Moltres’ energy at victory road! That would be cool, then it would be awesome if they bump into Gary there too who is there because of rumours of a disturbance there, so as a researcher he goes to investigate but only heard the rumours because he has been appointed Viridian City gym leader and that’s the nearest city.

D

Deleted member 384931

This episode left me with the impression that Chloe will get episodes where she has her Eevee interacts with one of its evos. Assuming that does happen, I could see Serena being the one to feature Sylveon. Specially because she's had a similar problem before.
Yeah wouldnt be surprised, but isnt 7 episodes much to focus on Eeveelution

D

Deleted member 384931

If they really want they can showcase Glaceon and Sylveon with May and Serena in one episode. 2 Eeveelutions less.

Morax

King of heroes
If they really want they can showcase Glaceon and Sylveon with May and Serena in one episode. 2 Eeveelutions less.
2 returning companions in one episode? A formula for disaster. Cameos are essentially fanservice. You want the audience to have a good time, pitting them against each other will only give rise to unrest and no matter who wins the other party will rage out. I don't think the writers want that considering everything that has happened after ash won the alola league. They have been desperate about not insulting their customers.

Basically it's a lose-lose situation. The safest route is to give them individual episodes.

D

Deleted member 384931

2 returning companions in one episode? A formula for disaster. Cameos are essentially fanservice. You want the audience to have a good time, pitting them against each other will only give rise to unrest and no matter who wins the other party will rage out. I don't think the writers want that considering everything that has happened after ash won the alola league. They have been desperate about not insulting their customers.
7 episodes are alot if they focus on each Eeveelution.

nickdt

another question what made infernape go missing at oak's lab

We don't know yet. However, the thing KingMinun says is kinda interesting (Although then you get the question: Why Infernape. Doesn't Talonflame make more sense, considering it actually fought a Moltres).

desdar300

We don't know yet. However, the thing KingMinun says is kinda interesting (Although then you get the question: Why Infernape. Doesn't Talonflame make more sense, considering it actually fought a Moltres).
I think it's there because it's been a while since we've seen it and of course it's generation is being celebrated.
I also think it's kind of cool to see it take on a legendary Pokemon

Decidueye23

I think it's there because it's been a while since we've seen it and of course it's generation is being celebrated.
I also think it's kind of cool to see it take on a legendary Pokemon
Yep considering charizard has a W against articuno, pika has against regice And tapu Koko, and sceptile against darkrai, its about time Ash's best mon gets a W against a legend too.

Ryker101

I’m glad that neither Ash or Goh are getting Kubfu here. Ash already has 2 fighting types and surely I don’t have to explain why Goh shouldn’t lol. Though it would’ve been better to gave them to Mustard rather than OCs.

nickdt

I’m glad that neither Ash or Goh are getting Kubfu here. Ash already has 2 fighting types and surely I don’t have to explain why Goh shouldn’t lol. Though it would’ve been better to gave them to Mustard rather than OCs.

Mustard and Peony would both have been fine tbh.

I am even concerned both won't even be a thing in this series.

dman_dustin

Hey correct me if I’m wrong but is that a new song playing in the new preview? Are we getting a new opening? I mean the current one does still show Farfetch’d and Sobble as opposed to Sirfetch’d and drizzile.

Anyways would be cool.

And where are we all now on the boys getting Kubfus?
Sirfetch'd and Drizzle are in the very beginning with the goal section even if not in the opening proper.

But yeah I expect a new opening with project mew.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Not to mention that if ash does end up bringing along Infernape then he has 3 fighting types

dman_dustin

Not to mention that if ash does end up bringing along Infernape then he has 3 fighting types

Unlike other people, typings of reserves are irrelevant to the debate. For one thing Ash already owns them, therefore they are automatically excluded here.

Whst's important to the debate is NEW captures.

For example Ash evolving Gible into Garchomp.....yes its a dragon type but I'm not going to be as bothered by it than say Dragapult or even Latias and does Ash need 3 dragon types?

Ash's Gible isn't relevant because the point is Ash catching new Pokemon. It's stupid for Ash to have 3 NEW fighting types while throwing other types under the bus and proves lack of variety, it's why I dislike Sirfetch'd because it was caught right after Riolu needlessly and was the same exact type, but what the other 17 types, why can't Ash get one of them?

Ash's reserves don't count because he already owns them and is allowed to use them if he wants, and if Gible is forced to count as 3 dragon types then all of Ash's reserves count and thus he has access to all types at that point, except Psychic and fairy which Mr. Mime barely counts.

Its why I don't count Charizard as a 2nd fire type in best wishes. Oshawott, Palpitoad.....Snivy, Leavanny.......Pignite, ????. Those were all new concurrent Pokemon, Charizard doesn't count with Pignite because Ash already had it.

However I will point out this is just personal opinion, the staff might have noticed Ash didn't have a 2nd fire type and found that troubling hence bringing back Charizard, I will acknowledge that as a possibility but I disagree with that reasoning because what I already said. In other words Charizard is not the same as hypothetical Chandelure would have been.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Unlike other people, typings of reserves are irrelevant to the debate. For one thing Ash already owns them, therefore they are automatically excluded here.

Whst's important to the debate is NEW captures.

For example Ash evolving Gible into Garchomp.....yes its a dragon type but I'm not going to be as bothered by it than say Dragapult or even Latias and does Ash need 3 dragon types?

Ash's Gible isn't relevant because the point is Ash catching new Pokemon. It's stupid for Ash to have 3 NEW fighting types while throwing other types under the bus and proves lack of variety, it's why I dislike Sirfetch'd because it was caught right after Riolu needlessly and was the same exact type, but what the other 17 types, why can't Ash get one of them?

Ash's reserves don't count because he already owns them and is allowed to use them if he wants, and if Gible is forced to count as 3 dragon types then all of Ash's reserves count and thus he has access to all types at that point, except Psychic and fairy which Mr. Mime barely counts.

Its why I don't count Charizard as a 2nd fire type in best wishes. Oshawott, Palpitoad.....Snivy, Leavanny.......Pignite, ????. Those were all new concurrent Pokemon, Charizard doesn't count with Pignite because Ash already had it.

However I will point out this is just personal opinion, the staff might have noticed Ash didn't have a 2nd fire type and found that troubling hence bringing back Charizard, I will acknowledge that as a possibility but I disagree with that reasoning because what I already said. In other words Charizard is not the same as hypothetical Chandelure would have been.
Yeah I’m in a “the more the merrier” mindset. Let him catch and bring back a lot, even if types overlap.

besides, it still won’t be as bad as his Kalos team’s weakness to electric and ice lol

Status
Not open for further replies.