• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 384931

More G-Ponyta merch.
Ezu8N96VgAIShnW
Maybe a Fairy-type trainer?

AsH KetcHHup

WHAT ON EARTH IS THIS MEW ARC. I SAW THE TRAILER AND IT LOOKS SOO GOOD!

Ash's infernape is going to beat the crap out of the legendary bird.
Garry returning during the arc.
IOA not happening due to Urshifu appearing outside of it? Apparently, it is CT?

dman_dustin

I'm just glad that they didn't "retcon" Gary and made him a WCS participant. He still has Electivire and Blastoise. I hope we see Umbreon as well. Those were his top three in Sinnoh.

I don't get how Gary being in the PWC would be a retcon.

Are people not capable of doing multiple things?

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."

Well he quit being a full fledged Pokémon Trainer to become a Pokémon Researcher like his grandfather.

Also notice how I put it in quotes, where is not truly a retcon but it would be a return to his previous aspirations that he left behind.

nickdt

Well he quit being a full fledged Pokémon Trainer to become a Pokémon Researcher like his grandfather.

Also notice how I put it in quotes, where is not truly a retcon but it would be a return to his previous aspirations that he left behind.

I mean, Brock literally is studying to become a Pokemon Doctor. Didn't stop him from rocking with Mega Steelix.

dman_dustin

Professor Kukui.....that is all.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I am still thinking that Ash and Goh could still get Kubfu as I don’t think these COTD that I feel will only be relevant for this arc only, will prevent them from getting it. Since they can have them go back to CT and go to IOA in a future episode when the focus is about Kubfu. Right now this arc is about finding Mew.
That guy isn't going to stop Ash from getting Kubfu. Besides where's the other one? lol
They can cut Peony and replace him with say, Brandon. But Mustard is the one DLC character whose basically essential and would make for a great battle seeing how Ash could challenge the guy at any point.
I still say Ash and Bea are getting Kubfu's
Quick question what you think might inspire grookey to evolve and will its personality change like the others?
Unless the remakes or Legends adds something that can replace Grookey as the obligatory walking/shoulder mon, nothing.
Liked the idea that someone said that Infernape has run away from the lab because it senses Moltres’ energy at victory road! That would be cool, then it would be awesome if they bump into Gary there too who is there because of rumours of a disturbance there, so as a researcher he goes to investigate but only heard the rumours because he has been appointed Viridian City gym leader and that’s the nearest city.
Forget the gym, they said Lance was an 'Elite Four' member instead of the champion like his previous appearances. It'd be cool if they casually drop that Gary is the current champion of Kanto, he is Ash's equal unlike Iris and seeing them duke it out in one massive battle once more would be an amazing sight! We could see Gigantamax Blastoise too if the top 8 takes place in Galar. I do hope he has Mega Evolution though, it's only fitting if Misty/Brock have it and Ash potentially receiving it cause Lucario.

I could even see Gary troll Ash by mentioning the fact as he's leaving.

I believe they meant that they wouldn't mention Gary being a researcher at all. I was worried too

nickdt

Another example: Diantha's main job is being an Actress, didn't stop her from becoming a champion.

nickdt

The reserves I would like to see Ash use in the WCS: Incineroar, Melmetal, Noivern, Hawlucha, Snivy, Scraggy, Infernape, Buizel, Torterra, Staraptor, Glalie, Sceptile, Quilava, Kingler, Snorlax, Mimey.

Unfezant, Boldore, Palpitoad, Totodile, Bayleef. Sceptile can sit out.

Status
Not open for further replies.