• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
It was a shame that Goh caught everything.

They have to separate from the anime or Goh or Ash.

Let's watch Ash as it has been for 20 years.

Or let them continue with Goh, and not those who want to watch Ash.
I would prefer they go the Special/Adventures manga and games route with neither staying with the main characters being replaced every new generation.

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
Goh caught Absol... eh, I had already accepted this after that poster.
Now he is gonna catch A. Ninetales too, cause I love this pokémon and want to see Lillie with one, but this anime does the exact opposite of what I would like to see :)

Master Pikachu 11

That's Diantha's ace, and she might be battling Ash at some point this saga.
And Dragonite is Lance’s ace but that didn’t stop Ash from catching one himself, so I doubt that even matters since we are about to have a Dragonite battle anyway.
I don’t think Dracovish will be the last catch either. I’d think he has a shot at Kubfu and Toxtricity at the very least. I just don’t think he will have representation of all gens, as I can’t think of any Hoenn or Johto mons that'd work well with him.

I honestly think Infernape will be back for the rest of journeys, but I think his other oakmons will only appear in JN068 honestly. I really hope I am wrong about that though.
I agree, I don’t want Dracovish to be the last especially when there are even more marketable Galar pokemon that I want to see him showcase.

BobbbidyBob

I’m sure they are saving the best pokemon for last, and they are saving it for Ash. Cause it rhymes.

ShadowForce720

As I said in the episode thread, let's not assume Ash gets anything unless the preview focuses on Ash.

Like Ash getting Axew, he sees a random one just walking around in the city in which Go is nowhere to be seen. So go ahead and speculate that one.
Look it’s fine if that’s how you personally want to go about it. However people are free to speculate on Ash getting a Pokémon without a preview that focuses on Ash.

As a preview focusing on Ash has never been a requirement to when it comes to speculating on what Pokémon Ash will get.

——————————————————
In case anyone is wondering what Pokémon are left in Hoenn for Ash to catch here is a list of the available Hoenn Pokémon that haven’t been caught by Ash and Goh yet.

Torchic line
Mudkip line
Poochyena line
Zigzagoon line
Wurmple line(Beautifly route)
Lotad line
Seedot line
Ralts line
Surskit line
Shroomish line
Slakoth line
Nincada line
Whismur line
Makuhita line
Azurill
Nosepass
Skitty line
Sableye
Mawile
Aron line
Meditite line
Electrike line
Plusle
Minun
Volbeat
Illumise
Roselia
Gulpin line
Carvanha line
Wailmer line
Numel line
Spoink line
Spinda
Cacnea line
Swablu line
Zangoose
Seviper
Lunatone
Solrock
Barboach line
Baltoy line
Lileep line
Anorith line
Feebas line
Castform
Kecleon
Shuppet line
Duskull line
Tropius
Chimecho
Wynaut
Spheal line
Clamperl line
Relicanth
Luvdisc
Bagon line
Beldum line
Regirock
Regice
Registeel
Latias
Latios
Deoxys

Okay now here is a list of the remaining Dark type Pokémon that Ash could still catch that aren’t owned by him and Goh.

Alolan Rattata line
Alolan Meowth line
Galarian Moltres
Umbreon
Murkrow line
Sneasel line
Houndour line
Tyranitar
Poochyena line
Galarian Zigzagoon line
Nuzleaf/Shiftry
Sableye
Carvanha line
Cacturne
Stunky line
Spiritomb
Drapion
Darkrai
Purrloin line
Zorua line
Pawniard line
Vullaby line
Deino line
Pangoro
Inkay line
Impidimp line
Urshifu(Single Strike Style)
Zarude

Last edited:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
Is there some1 here that likes Goh and can tell me why? I am not asking in bad intention, I seriously want to know

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Is there some1 here that likes Goh and can tell me why? I am not asking in bad intention, I seriously want to know
I personally do. I like that there is finally a character who is aiming to catch them all in a series with the slogan “Gotta Catch Em All”. While I have been upset about some of the captures that I wish had been ashs (Flygon, Sobble, Absol), I don’t hate go for it. Just blame it on a writing decision. I like his personality too honestly.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I personally do. I like that there is finally a character who is aiming to catch them all in a series with the slogan “Gotta Catch Em All”. While I have been upset about some of the captures that I wish had been ashs (Flygon, Sobble, Absol), I don’t hate go for it. Just blame it on a writing decision. I like his personality too honestly.
Although our opinions differ, I respect your point of view

ImBeVillain

No more six members
It's me.
I like Goh as much as I like Ash. I like when he really has some scientific knowledge of pokemon, has used a lot of pokemon to complete certain tasks, taking some of his pokemon at any contests. I'm even still cheering for him to be caught as many pokemon as possible, although in my opinion it ends up with 151 pokemon caught in the entire Journeys series.
I would like to see in the future what other pokemons of his will be released and what tasks they will perform.

I have a little dream that Goh would do something with his pokemons - let Ash borrow his strong pokemons for the PWC fight, although I suspect that he can only lend him a Scizor.
Collaboration would be fun, right? Goh catching all pokemons and Ash using all his pokemons for PWC.

Red and Blue

Now that Absol, Grookey, and possibly both Urshifus have come and gone my only other serious prediction for Ash is Toxricity. After that I'm inclined to agree he is finished with captures

esquilo09

I love Go, he's the first character who wants to catch all the Pokémon which fits the slogan "Gotta catch 'em all!" and I don't care if most of his captures are "too easy" and I don't care that he caught Pokémon that were supposed to be Ash's(Sobble, Flygon and Absol). Since he caught Rattata and Skwovet(and evolved it into Greedent), I'm hoping for him to also catch Aipom, Teddiursa, Poochyena, Weavile(in case Ash doesn't catch) Pancham and Mudsdale.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Ash has Gengar, which trainers who also have this pokemon:
Acerola (her pokemon ace)
Fantina (her pokemon ace)
Agatha (her pokemon ace)
Sabrina (possibly already evolved)
Allister (his pokemon ace)
Morty (his pokemon ace)
Except Ash isn't likely to battle any of them, while he is likely to battle Diantha in the Master Class. If he's getting a Gardevoir, it would have to be a Shiny one so that viewers could tell which one belongs to Ash and which one belongs to Diantha.

ShadowForce720

Except Ash isn't likely to battle any of them, while he is likely to battle Diantha in the Master Class. If he's getting a Gardevoir, it would have to be a Shiny one so that viewers could tell which one belongs to Ash and which one belongs to Diantha.
Considering that by that point Ash would have more then 6 Pokémon I don’t see the problem with Ash having a Gardevoir when Diantha has one considering they can just have Ash not use his own Gardevoir against Diantha and just have it participate in one of the other battles.

I mean heck Dragonite being one of Lance’s main Pokémon didn’t stop Ash from getting even though there is a good chance they will battle each other.

Also let’s not forget that in episode 65 where getting a Dragonite vs Dragonite battle in Ash’s battle against Iris, so Ash and Diantha both having a Gardevoir wouldn’t be a problem.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Considering that by that point Ash would have more then 6 Pokémon I don’t see the problem with Ash having a Gardevoir when Diantha has one considering they can just have Ash not use his own Gardevoir against Diantha and just have it participate in one of the other battles.

I mean heck Dragonite being one of Lance’s main Pokémon didn’t stop Ash from getting even though there is a good chance they will battle each other.

Also let’s not forget that in episode 65 where getting a Dragonite vs Dragonite battle in Ash’s battle against Iris, so Ash and Diantha both having a Gardevoir wouldn’t be a problem.
Viewers could already tell the difference between Ash's and Iris's Dragonite through their personalities, as Iris's is aggressive and confrontational while Ash's has a personality more in line with how Dragonite is usually portrayed. Also, Lance did not even use his Dragonite in Episode 12, with him using his Red Gyarados instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.