• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Applecorp

Even with Ash's Infernape coming back, I don't believe that Ash is completely done catching Pokémon. We are still too early in the series and after hopefully beating Iris, Ash still has ranks 100>9 to go through.

He has yet to capture Pokémon from Johto, Hoenn, Unova, Kalos, and Alola in this series and I think they'll likely be fully evolved Pokémon like Dragonite and Gengar so they don't have too spend too much time on them from their base forms.

Personally, I think they should be Espeon, Beautifly, Beartic, Gogoat, and Alolan Sandslash.

Espeon could appear as an Eevee that Ash and Dragonite save from danger and due to the immense kindness shown by both, she ends up evolving in the same episode. It can also play into the huge contrast between her and Chloe's Eevee and maybe have Ash and Chloe genuinely converse to each other.

I chose Beautifly for Hoenn as Ash got a Dragonite after Iris owned one, so I wondered what he can "copy" from May. Beautifly works due to the fact that the writers trolled Goh by giving him three Dustox. Maybe Ash can get a shiny Beautifly or something idk.

For Unova, I chose Beartic as it doesn't overlap with any of his own Unova Pokémon and besides Glalie, Ash is seriously suffering in the Ice-type. Maybe it can be a Beartic that lost it's title as leader of the clan and grew to respect Ash and chose to go with him instead. It can be the new Hawlucha.

For Kalos, Gogoat can suit him well. He was enamored with Alexa's Gogoat and Noivern and they gave him Noivern in XY so it's Gogoat's turn. It can be his land rideable Pokémon as Dragonite is his air one.

For Alola, I just gave him Alolan Sandslash as a counterpart to Lillie's Vulpix and like stated before, he needs more Ice types. I don't think the other Alolan forms fit him well other than Raichu.
Of course him meeting Infernape won't stop him from getting more Pokemon but the theory about Ash getting at least one new Pokemon per generation probably isn't going to happen.

Like even ignoring that I disagree with all of your choices for his next captures I don't see how he could handle 5 more Pokemon at minimum with the ones he's already got that could definitely use more training and battles. And sorry but screw rotation. I'm sick of that being the same excuse every time as if we haven't learned from that dumpster fire in the Black and White saga.

ChampioN One

The chosen One!
Gary learned about type match-ups not mattering in a bad way, with his Blastoise losing against Ash's Charizard
How could you disagree with Sir Brock?

aNtHauSzn57fPzwBtWG38r3dwfQVhhmTlpy53CeVlYOueHdlz1JwYXDAZCGEUttA3dOMu0w4JCQ4x6eUbibgLY-_41pfT_w2xd7e2l_HkEiXboSrnvu_Ci5om_JL-uM36Afu7c7o7A=w2400

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
The 5 vs 5 is the actual bad battle. Pikachu was in much better shape but still lost to Servine.

That was the one I had trouble with. The first and the later ones were fine but that one was weird.

I can understand the rest of the Unova squad losing since they were mostly "fresh" and inexperienced (aside from MAYBE Snivy) but Pikachu should have put a better fight there.

nickdt

How many pokemon debuts from the Galar region in anime have there been? Someone counted it?

Not counting TW, Movies and still shots

Scorbunny line
Grookey/Rillaboom
Sobble/Inteleon
Rookidee/Corviknight
Copperajah
Sirfetch'd
Dracovish
Arctozolt
Nickit
Wooloo
Coalossal
Skwovet line
Orbeetle
Centiskorch
Morpeko
Chewtle line
Yamper
Silicobra
Grapploct
Impidimp
Dragapult
Duraludon

I am counting Cufant, despite it being a Flashback.

And with the upcoming Project Mew, we are most likely gonna see both Urshifu forms.

So funnily enough, we already have seen a vast amount of Galar mons.

And then i even forgot Zacian, Zamazenta and Eternatus.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Not counting TW, Movies and still shots

Scorbunny line
Grookey/Rillaboom
Sobble/Inteleon
Rookidee/Corviknight
Copperajah
Sirfetch'd
Dracovish
Arctozolt
Nickit
Wooloo
Coalossal
Skwovet line
Orbeetle
Centiskorch
Morpeko
Chewtle line
Yamper
Silicobra
Grapploct
Impidimp
Dragapult
Duraludon

I am counting Cufant, despite it being a Flashback.

And with the upcoming Project Mew, we are most likely gonna see both Urshifu forms.

So funnily enough, we already have seen a vast amount of Galar mons.
I thought they gave too little.
They should also give some other Pokemon from Galar for the protagonists, because there are definitely too few of them.

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
well in the above list i think the writers should give him some galar mons since this is the first time he has not caught more pokemon related to that region with him having only two galar mon right now

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Yamper
Corviknight
Wooloo
Scorbunny
Nickit
Drednaw
Chewtle
Skwovet
Raboot
Duraludon
Galar Farfetch'd
Indeedee
Sobble
Silicobra
Grapploct
Zacian
Zamazenta
Centiskorch
Coalossal
Copperajah
Dragapult
Cufant
Eternatus
Cinderace
Greedent
Dracovish
Arcozolt
Rookidee
Inteleon
Galar Ponyta
Galar Rapidash
Rilaboom
Grookey
Sirfetch'd
Drizzile

I was counting 35 a moment ago, aren't they all? If something was missing from the debut, write.

nickdt

Yamper
Corviknight
Wooloo
Scorbunny
Nickit
Drednaw
Chewtle
Skwovet
Raboot
Duraludon
Galar Farfetch'd
Indeedee
Sobble
Silicobra
Grapploct
Zacian
Zamazenta
Centiskorch
Coalossal
Copperajah
Dragapult
Cufant
Eternatus
Cinderace
Greedent
Dracovish
Arcozolt
Rookidee
Inteleon
Galar Ponyta
Galar Rapidash
Rilaboom
Grookey
Sirfetch'd
Drizzile

I was counting 35 a moment ago, aren't they all? If something was missing from the debut, write.

Galar Ponyta, Rapidash and Galarfetch'd technically don't count, since they are gen 1 mons. You also forgot Impidimp and Morpeko.

Ibrahim Saidu

Pls I have a question. What Pokemon would you give Ash if you were asked to write Pokemon Journeys? You can state the reasons for the Pokemon you've chosen for Ash if you want wish to

DuskAstral

Galar Ponyta, Rapidash and Galarfetch'd technically don't count, since they are gen 1 mons.

I will not agree with that until the end. In my opinion, regional forms should count as Alola / Galar Pokémon, regardless of the origin of the original forms. There is no option to meet regional forms in the wild outside of Alola / Galar.

nickdt

I will not agree with that until the end. In my opinion, regional forms should count as Alola / Galar Pokémon, regardless of the origin of the original forms. There is no option to meet regional forms in the wild outside of Alola / Galar.

Problem is that regional forms are not in the regional Pokedex. So no matter how you look at it, they officially aren't from that generation. They came from other generations, and slowly evolved over time. The only regional form i am willing to give you, are the Zigzagoon and Linoone, since lore-wise, the Galar ones came first.

DannyDiglett

In terms of character appearances I just thought there are still Elite Four members who have not made their anime debut. The PWC would be a great opportunity for that:
  • Johto: Will, Karen
  • Hoenn: Sidney, Phoebe, Glacia
  • Unova: Shauntal, Marshal, Grimsley
  • Kalos: Drasna
Ash never met Siebold so actually you could include him as well. There are also gym leaders Ash never battled:
  • Kanto: Janine could be the new gym leader of Fuchsia City's gym while her father Koga has become a member of the Elite Four. She hasn't had her debut either.
  • Hoenn: Wallace is a top coordinator and former champion of Hoenn. I don't know how the writers would handle him in case of a return.
  • Unova: Marlon battled Cameron instead because Ash already had 8 gym badges. A battle against Marlon would be a nice way to give Dracovish more experience. I don't know what Drayden's position is right now. We're going to see Iris battling Ash in the next episode. Is she the new gym leader of Opelucid City's gym?
I think a reappearance of Sabrina with Mega Alakazam and Erika with her newly evolved Tangrowth would be nice too. Ash could battle them again but this time by winning it fair and square. He's already stationed in Kanto anyway.

Last edited:

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
well just had a question if anything you have to improve in journeys regarding the pokemon, characters old returning what would you do?
What would you do regarding the goh as well?

Status
Not open for further replies.