• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Master Pikachu 11

Instead of me writing the series, I'll answer the question predicting what they'll do based on what's happened so far. My ideas for writing the series would be pointless to type out.

For new captures, Toxtricity, Latias, Tyranitar. Toxtricity (Amped Form) just so he has at least three regular Galar Pokemon (like they did in SM and introducing Naganadel and Melmetal later) (also I think the reason why his Gengar got an alternative shading so it won't look too similar to Toxtricity), Latias so they could give Ash a legendary to use in the PWC that's not overpowered and to make up for backlash to Goh getting Suicune, Tyranitar so that he can reunite with his old buddy at Mt. Silver.

For old Pokemon evolving, I think they're going to fully evolve Ash's starters that can be chosen in Pokemon Legends Arceus in case they decide to give Typhlosion, Samurott, and Decidueye alternate forms with new typings. In fact, I'll make the bold and unlikely prediction that Oshawott will evolve in the first episode of Project Mew, JN068. It could secretly follow Ash and Goh (as a reference to BW) while they go look for Infernape and appear as they're fighting Moltres and evolve. For Rowlet, they could end the Project Mew arc with Ash and Goh meeting up with Lillie and Gladion concluding the Mohn storyline in some sort of conflict where Kukui shows up to help out while bringing Ash's Alola team with him. Rowlet could lose its Everstone mid-battle and master Seed Bomb without using it and evolve right then and there. Since we see Lillie and Gladion on a train, it could be implied that they're in Galar, especially with Magearna pointing at some mountains, which could be implied that it was pointing to the Crown Tundra. This is probably why they gave Goh all the Galar starters, there's too many starters to promote for Ash to have all of them.

As for Infernape, they could go the Mega Evolution route if BDSP wants to introduce new Megas. If so, Ash could become a Mega Evolution trainer with Lucario, Gengar, possibly Infernape, and even possibly Latias if they want to do so.
I just can’t see Rowlet and Oshawott evolving even though I would prefer if they did. Both are marketable in their base stages and they both have gags so I would love to be proven wrong.
Pls I have a question. What Pokemon would you give Ash if you were asked to write Pokemon Journeys? You can state the reasons for the Pokemon you've chosen for Ash if you want wish to
Well if I was writing this series, I would have Ash catch at least one new Pokémon from each region so that his team would represent what this series is suppose to be about a world tour team. Right now I was happy with his first three captures and they would stay on his team. I like Sirfetch’d, but if it was between it and Sobble then I would take Sobble to evolve into Inteleon because I want Ash to get another fully evolve water starter. Johto: Tyranitar, Hoenn: either Gardevoir or Metagross, Latios or Latias, Unova: Zoroark, Kalos: Aegislash, Alola: Zeraora, Galar: I would make sure he has 5 or 6 to match the other regions: Corviknight, Inteleon, Toxtricity, Dragapult, Urshifu, Galarian Darmanitan

RafaSceptile

And man when they meet with them, if Goh ends up doing something to similar to Ash like jumping off of Prism Tower or making Serena fall for him (who would fall for Goh anyway?), I'll rage quit watching this Anime in general. They'll use the episode to overglorify Goh and his character, that is all these writers are interested in now. Especially we saw in the Alola Episode, how for completely no reason the Alola Companions started clapping for Goh and his crappy goal.
Idk...oh, how about because they want to support their friends' friends

G is for his great annoyingness

O is for his overly repulsiveness

H is for his horrendous stressfulness

Pokémon thief, rival thief, psycopath, hypocrite, bully, annoying, repulsive and stressful. How many adjectives is people going to use until the end of the series?

Last edited:

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
While I want the XY Characters to return in PM, at the same time I don't want them to because I know this series will find some way to ruin their Character.
That would be hard to do since XY already did that to them.

DuskAstral

They had no problem with Ash being the only character in SM to have more then 3 z-crystals and be the only character with more then one pokemon specific/signature z-crystals on top of him having a Ultra Beast, a mythical Pokémon and a rare form of Lycanroc.

So no, it’s not unfair for Ash to have more then one Mega Evolution.
Justice is when everyone has equal rights, and not when someone has more than others.
Somehow I don't see justice in the fact that they all used only one Mega Pokémon and Satoshi will theoretically be using four.
There is also a hint of injustice in your Alola example as Satoshi got more than the others (although I disagree that the Pikachu trainer was the only one to have a Mythical Pokémon as Lillie also had one - Magearna)

RafaSceptile

Justice is when everyone has equal rights, and not when someone has more than others.
Somehow I don't see justice in the fact that they all used only one Mega Pokémon and Satoshi will theoretically be using four.
There is also a hint of injustice in your Alola example as Satoshi got more than the others (although I disagree that the Pikachu trainer was the only one to have a Mythical Pokémon as Lillie also had one - Magearna)
Tbf, the only trainers with more than 1 Z-crystal were those with at least one grand trial (mainly Ash, Kiawe, Gladio and Kukui (I guess)). Also Mallow had a befriended Shaymin that, unlike Magearna, was at least used once in battle, and Gladio has a Legendary Silvally.

ShadowForce720

It’s not like Ash would use all his Mega Evolutions in the same battle if he did wind up having multiple Mega Evolutions.

It’s not injustice for Ash to have multiple Mega Evolutions. When it comes to Mega Evolution and stuff like that, it’s up to the trainers themselves to decide if it’s something they want to use or not.

Plus no matter what happens there is always going to be cases of some people having more then others depending on thier situation. So, no Ash having multiple Mega Evolutions isn’t unjust or unfair.

DuskAstral

Well if I was writing this series, I would have Ash catch at least one new Pokémon from each region
Why would he need more Pokémon in this series if he "doesn't care" about the ones he has already caught?
He only uses Pikachu in fights, and apart from him, only Riolu has received a lot of attention

-Dragonite was only used in 5 episodes
- Gengar only fought in 3 episodes
- Farfetch'd only appeared four times
- Dracovish only appeared in two episodes (although the episode with Iris is still ahead of us, never mind that)

Seriously? Want it to catch more Pokémon so they'll fight for at least a little attention? Sometimes Satoshi doesn't even remember taking them with him on research trips

lolipiece

Pictured: what browsing Serebii does to a person
Staff member
It’s not like Ash would use all his Mega Evolutions in the same battle if he did wind up having multiple Mega Evolutions.

It’s not injustice for Ash to have multiple Mega Evolutions. When it comes to Mega Evolution and stuff like that, it’s up to the trainers themselves to decide if it’s something they want to use or not.

Plus no matter what happens there is always going to be cases of some people having more then others depending on thier situation. So, no Ash having multiple Mega Evolutions isn’t unjust or unfair.
Also by that "logic", Ash was being unfair for having the super one-of-a-kind Ash-Greninja.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Possible yes but I would like to see a manner of equality between to two protagonists because at this point Goh has two legendaries in his den while Ash has zero. Or if they can’t be fair they should just drop Ash from the series he hasn’t really done anything that can beat Gohs suicune capture
Ash and Goh are treated differently based on their 2 goals. Goh has one legendary, even then its roaming, and Ash still has powerhouse Pokémon; Sirfetch'd, Gengar, Dracovish, Lucario and Dragonite. Goh still has not caught a pseudo. Ash also already has hos reserves, which as we have seen, can be called back, including a mythical and ultra beast.

Ash's main accomplishments come in the opponents he faces and overcomes, and while Ash has captured powerful Pokémon, we have seen the reverse situation with Goh facing other trainers less often.

Ignoring the fact that the 2's progress is meant to be evaluated in different ways is missing the whole reason for the differences in their characters. Otherwise we should be asking why Goh isn't in the PWC and defeating high level trainers.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
I’m freaking hyped for Infernape guys. Who’s with me!?
Infernape and the other Oak'd Pokemon are the only reason I'm even mildly interested in this Arc.

Well that and maybe that Grookey and Eevee Episode (not sure if that's apart of the Arc tho)

Everything else sounds boring from what we're hearing
I'm not interested in the OC Rivals for Goh.

Last edited:

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
It's the only reason I'm even mildly interested in this Arc

Everything else sounds boring from what we're hearing
Oh please, I got bored of the anime after DP ended. I just continue watching to continue torturing myself for it :p

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Idk...oh, how about because they want to support their friends' friends

Pokémon thief, rival thief, psycopath, hypocrite, bully, annoying, repulsive and stressful. How many adjectives is people going to use until the end of the series?
E is for emotional which ruins everyone's day

M is for mood swings, many

O is for "Oh my God, why are we having this stupid conversation again?"

Wait, that's not Goh. That's this fanbase every other week when it comes to discussing this one character.

Red and Blue

Pls I have a question. What Pokemon would you give Ash if you were asked to write Pokemon Journeys? You can state the reasons for the Pokemon you've chosen for Ash if you want wish to
Going by Gens I would of given him

Gen 1: Dragonite and Gengar
Gen 2: Tyranitar
Gen 3: Blaziken or Latias
Gen 4:Lucario
Gen 5: Braviary or Zoroark
Gen 6: Carbink
Gen 7: Alolan Sandslash
Gen 8: Sobble and Dracovish. Possibly Kubfu.

Not counting Mimey among new captures since it is reserve

Considering this looks to be a four year series I'd find a way to give them all decent screentime.

Status
Not open for further replies.