• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
No one here said Goh was a psycopath or bully.
If you search up the keywords psychopath and bully you’ll definitely see that’s not the case. And, no, the users were not joking since they’re not exactly shy about their dislike for Goh.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
XY is the only series I am scared for flashbacks. And that is cause idk if the JN artstyle will fit the XY characters.
Given that Korrina looks like her normal self. Odds are Bonnie, Clemont and Serena will look like how they usually do as well

Tho it also wouldn't surprise me if they tweaked Serena's face a bit to make her look more like her game counterpart just like they did to Iris
399b785c6bcbeeed9ffd14e3e286c32b988ddf0e_00.jpg

Last edited:

DuskAstral

At one point but not at this point. Eternatus has already been donated away.
I think Eternatus is still his Pokémon, even though he left it in Galar (the fact that Professor Magnolia's Pokéball would not count as a change of owner, but leaving the Pokémon in his care)

Spyro39

No one here said Goh was a psycopath or bully.

Decidueye23

Ash and Goh are treated differently based on their 2 goals. Goh has one legendary, even then its roaming, and Ash still has powerhouse Pokémon; Sirfetch'd, Gengar, Dracovish, Lucario and Dragonite. Goh still has not caught a pseudo. Ash also already has hos reserves, which as we have seen, can be called back, including a mythical and ultra beast.

Ash's main accomplishments come in the opponents he faces and overcomes, and while Ash has captured powerful Pokémon, we have seen the reverse situation with Goh facing other trainers less often.

Ignoring the fact that the 2's progress is meant to be evaluated in different ways is missing the whole reason for the differences in their characters. Otherwise we should be asking why Goh isn't in the PWC and defeating high level trainers.
Here's how i look at it. Ash and Goh have completely different goals. Yes indeed. But at the same time we barely see the writers writing interesting plots for Goh's capture. Each saga you see Ash put in so much effort into raising and training his pokemon, even if he does end up losing at the end of the saga. 53 episodes in with barely some training, Goh gets handed down a suicune. Which is a massive advancement in his Goal. If it happened say with more amount of training and raising his pokemon, it would seem more earned and interesting. Or it should have been like Goh was not a novice trainer. He is also experienced. Thats the main criticism. Sure Goh's advancement and Ash's advancement arent comparable, but Goh's advancement itself seems very lazy writing. Instead of those God-aweful 2 part fillers, we could just have an episode about Ash and Goh training their pokemon. But i guess it is what it is. Gulpin are waaaay more fun apparently.

Master Pikachu 11

XY = DP > JN > SM > AG > OS >>>>>>>>> BW
I agree with this, although I would wait til JN ends before we put it in which season was better since it’s still early in the series. But every Pokémon season that I have seen BW was my least favorite of them all. The gym battles and league were terrible and only Iris and Cilan were interesting part about it.

Psychopath is of course a bit much, especially for a cartoon character.

But it is a fact that Goh uses his Pokémon as tools.

LazySpy

Kimty
Honestly, the thing that bothers me about a lot of discussions spawned from calling Goh a psychopath/bully/whatever else is that proving he's not any of those things is easy to do by appealing to his established traits in the anime...

But I see these labels being countered with whataboutisms/ad hominems/other logicall fallacies more often.

Like, come on. Journeys itself provides much better arguments than:
But PAUL is just as bad! Or what about that thing that Ash did which no one liked or even cares about?! 'Woah, you're a salty Ash fanboy'!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.