• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not necessarily as the capture rate is something that can easily change.
They also created a new protagonist whose focus is capture. Ash is no longer needed to showcase capture. The hints are everywhere. Ash won't get tons of capture in this series like a lot of persons in this thread hoped for. 5 is the standard, 6 is possible, 7 is a bit farfetched, more than that... I don't think so.

Leonhart

Imagineer
They also created a new protagonist whose focus is capture. Ash is no longer needed to showcase capture. The hints are everywhere. Ash won't get tons of capture in this series like a lot of persons in this thread hoped for. 5 is the standard, 6 is possible, 7 is a bit farfetched, more than that... I don't think so.
Six total captures [Kairyu, Gangar, Lucario, Negigaknight, Uonoragon, and a new Pokemon] seems reasonable because having one Pokemon in rotation [or two depending on what Barrierd is considered to be] shouldn't be that hard for the writers to handle. Seven would be questionable but still doable, but that's sort of where I draw the line. Thankfully the pacing thus far doesn't really suggest to me that Satoshi's going to get a ton of Pokemon all of a sudden.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I’m not saying that Ash should capture something 10 episodes way from the final battle.

However where nowhere close to being 10 episodes away from the final battle. Plus they can literally just have Ash encounter Pokémon that are just naturally strong or grow really fast. It doesn’t make any sense for Ash to be going 100+ episodes straight without any new captures and the only new additions being some reserves that wind up evolving.

I mean heck Ash didn’t catch his Gible until episode 157 of D&P, and didn’t catch his Meltan until episode 112 of Sun and Moon. I highly doubt that Ash is going to go potentially 2.5 years straight without getting another capture.
Back then Ash didn't have a companion whose goal is to catch em' all, and Ash himself has received less focus this saga than ever before. I'm not confident in Ash catching anything more, especially considering that they are bringing back reserves and whatever Ash could catch could just as easily go to Gou.

Decidueye23

I don't agree because of the uphill power scaling that exists.

It makes no sense for Ash to catch a Grimmsnarl 10 episodes away from his final match with Leon and it takes out Leon's Charizard, I mean it technically could but I'm sure a lot of people would be upset if the writers did that BS nonsense.

Because Ash could be going into hyper class, the only "new" Pokemon should be evolutions of reserves because why believe new captures at this point will be good enough for Elite 4 or champions or strong trainers like them.
In SM ash got a naganadel and Melmetal while he was in the league. So there really is no telling. I know poipole was there before and he caught meltan around episode 100 i think. But its as good as getting them whne they evolved anyway.

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
Well here all the discussion going around whether ash will catch any new pokemon we can just speculate but i think writers must have thought of which new pokemon or pokemons will he get and i think not all pokemon will go to goh as there will be some potential pokemon they will give it to ash

nuzamaki90

Idk if it is a great idea to combine reserves with his current team. His current team already gets the short end of the stick and reserves wont make it better.
I think it’s more so he’ll use his reserves in PWC battles but other than that his main team will be the ones getting focus. If Mega Lucario is really gonna happen, then it’ll follow the way the writers have been handling development for Ash’s team with it being one at a time. Dracovish is currently the one in the spotlight, then his reserves are gonna get focus, then back to Lucario.

and even though I don’t like that way of handling things, it does make a little sense and kind of makes a linear path for where things will go. Hyper Class will supposedly feature the Galar Gym Leaders, meaning more Galar Battles so we’ll eventually see Gigantamax Gengar. Sirfetch’d has to learn Meteor Assault, etc.

Last edited:

ImBeVillain

No more six members
I think it’s more so he’ll use his reserves in PWC battles but other than that his main team will be the ones getting focus. If Mega Lucario is really gonna happen, then it’ll follow the way the writers have been handling development for Ash’s team with it being one at a time. Dracovish is currently the one in the spotlight, then his reserves are gonna get focus, then back to Lucario.

and even though I don’t like that way of handling things, it does make a little sense and kind of makes a linear path for where things will go. Hyper Class will supposedly feature the Galar Gym Leaders, meaning more Galar Battles so we’ll eventually see Gigantamax Gengar. Sirfetch’d has to learn Meteor Assault, etc.
I'd love to see an episode focusing on Gengar, especially how he handles his former trainer. Fighting in PWC with this cruel trainer would be the perfect opportunity, and preferably in Galar, to make Gengar's debut in the form of Gigantamax.

dman_dustin

I'd love to see an episode focusing on Gengar, especially how he handles his former trainer. Fighting in PWC with this cruel trainer would be the perfect opportunity, and preferably in Galar, to make Gengar's debut in the form of Gigantamax.

The dude wasn't able to handle being attacked by his former Pokemon without peeing his pants.

How does someone like that reach hyper class.

ShadowForce720

Back then Ash didn't have a companion whose goal is to catch em' all, and Ash himself has received less focus this saga than ever before. I'm not confident in Ash catching anything more, especially considering that they are bringing back reserves and whatever Ash could catch could just as easily go to Gou.
Just because Goh’s goal is to catch every Pokémon doesn’t mean that Ash can’t still get a lot of captures. Heck the fact that Ash has already gotten 5 captures and some of those were past gen non proves that just because Ash is traveling with Goh doesn’t mean that Ash can’t still get captures.

There are 800+ Pokémon to choose from their plenty of Pokémon for Ash to get even with Goh getting a lot of captures.

The thing that needs to be understood here is that Goh has no impact at all on what Ash will catch and how many Pokémon he gets.

So for instance if they plan on having Ash have a total of 10 captures for this series then Ash would get 10 captures in this series regardless of who he travels with.

So no, the argument that Ash can’t get a lot of captures just because he is traveling with someone whose goal is to capture every Pokémon doesn’t work.

AsH KetcHHup

It seems a bit forced to use his old trainer but maybe he can go up against someone who mistreats pokemon.

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Pikachu, Exeggcute, Scyther, Wurmple, Scorbunny, Sobble, Skwovet, and now Flabebe. Slowly but surely we are seeing Goh's pokemon evolve, which makes me more confident in my assumption that the writers will continue to focus on giving Goh first stage pokemon then evolve them, rather than capture full lines or evolved forms. Goh's Floette will likely also all evolve at some point later in the series.

The Nido's will likely evolve together, and Magicarp is definitely going to evolve, as will Misdreavus, Mantyke and Cubone. Goh just needs to evolve Scatterbug - Vivillion and he will be the 'Bug king of Kalos' as well.

1500x500

Now that begs the question, are we going to get more Flygon focus in the near future?

Status
Not open for further replies.