• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
The dude wasn't able to handle being attacked by his former Pokemon without peeing his pants.

How does someone like that reach hyper class.
It would be a nice surprise for this guy right after the match starts when Ash releases Gengar, then will be terrified and quit the PWC, hoping not to meet him again. :>

Master Pikachu 11

It would be a nice surprise for this guy right after the match starts when Ash releases Gengar, then will be terrified and quit the PWC, hoping not to meet him again. :>
He isn’t going to release Gengar because then Goh is going to want it and also he competed with Goh to get it and he bonded with it so it isn’t going to happen

DuskAstral

I'd love to see an episode focusing on Gengar, especially how he handles his former trainer. Fighting in PWC with this cruel trainer would be the perfect opportunity, and preferably in Galar, to make Gengar's debut in the form of Gigantamax.
I would probably prefer Gigantamax Gengar to present Allister, not Satoshi.
I prefer each G-max to present a different trainer.

AsH KetcHHup

Not every person related to Galar will get g max focus.
I would probably prefer Gigantamax Gengar to present Allister, not Satoshi.
I prefer each G-max to present a different trainer.
It could be a mirror g max battle. I think that would be interesting but I doubt that would ever happen.

ShadowForce720

you know It would be neat if some of the side regions were in the new anime
While it’s not impossible for the side regions to show up in the current anime series, I think one of the obstacles to the side regions showing up is that it is hard to come up with a reason for Ash and Goh to go some of them.

If I had to guess maybe we could see like the Orange Islands, Decolore Islands, or even some of the islands from the main series games that we haven’t seen yet.

Honestly when it comes to the Orre Region, the 3 regions from the ranger games, and the 2 regions from the Pokémon Snap games it would be just easier for them to have their own anime series rather then trying to figure out how to get Ash over to them.

Now maybe the region from Pokémon Battle Revolution could appear in the main anime as they could have Ash and Goh go there to enter the tournament.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
Glad that there hasn't been G-Max in a while. Hopefully it stays that way.
It won't change anything anyway, they are still shown. For example, in opening.
I like G-Max there, as well as mega evolutions or Z crystals.
But one thing, I don't think they should overdo the Charizards, they should have given up on the designs of just this Pokemon over and over again.

BobbbidyBob

If Allister appears he deserves a good plottt....and I mean one that surpasses the best Pokemon movie or episode

ImBeVillain

No more six members
If Allister appears he deserves a good plottt....and I mean one that surpasses the best Pokemon movie or episode
Maybe, but I doubt it, that's why the developers deliberately gave Ash a Pokemon Sword concert tour.
Here are the reasons:
1. Zacian - in the forest he chose him as the sword hero from Galar, in the fourth episode of Sword & Shield Arc, Ash has just picked up the sword.
2. Bea - they chose this person instead of Allister as if Ash chose the Pokemon Sword tour.
3. Pokedex about Dracovish in Pokemon Sword: Powerful legs and jaws made it the apex predator of its time. Its own overhunting of its prey was what drove it to extinction. (However, It wasn't Ash's pokedex talking about it, but Cara Liss mentioned it).
4. Pokedex about Sirfetch'd in Pokemon Sword: Only Farfetch’d that have survived many battles can attain this evolution. (Pokedex sounded the same in the episode where he fought Gallade).

Perhaps Allister will show up, but I doubt there will be a fight. It will probably be the same as in Unova, Ash was supposed to go to the dragon village but Iris did not recommend him, instead he chose the leader of the poison type gym, despite this he met Drayden anyway, but without the pokemon fight.

Leonhart

Imagineer
I've never really understood why she was popular. She gives off Karen vibes and that's not something I'd usually say about a girl or a woman unless they really crossed a line.

Although watching some of the Johto episodes tells me that she took a chill pill once Togepi appeared.
I personally don't think that her being a reactive character makes her a "Karen", because that term implies that she was primarily an entitled or picky person. Many of the times when she did lash out at Satoshi or any other character were instances where she was clearly provoked, so it's not as if she was violent or rude for no reason.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
No one probably cares but it looks like Serena just Won a popularity poll ranking all of the Pokémon Heroines that was held in Japan
(I know this Probably doesn't mean anything but I hope to see Serena again sooner rather than later)

10th - Bonnie
9th - Mallow
8th - Iris
7th - Lana
6th - Chloe
5th - May
4th - Lillie
3rd - Misty
2nd - Dawn
1st - Serena

I'm Surprised and Happy to see Chloe is at 6th place despite her lack of screentime compared to all the other Main Pokegirls.

Last edited:

Kawaii Emolga

The cutest EVER!!!!
No one probably cares but it looks like Serena just Won a popularity poll ranking all of the Pokémon Heroines
(I know this Probably doesn't mean anything but I hope to see Serena again sooner rather than later)

10th Place - Bonnie

9th Place - Mallow

8th Place - Iris

7th Place - Lana

6th Place - Chloe

5th Place - May

4th Place - Lillie

3rd Place - Misty

2nd Place - Dawn

1st Place - Serena

I'm surprised and Happy to see Chloe is at 6th Place despite her lack of screentime compared to all the other Main Pokegirls.
Koharu is more popular than Lana?! Mallow I understand (she is my least favorite Alola girl) but Lana is a fan favorite right? (Even tho I like Koharu more than Lana).

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
No one probably cares but it looks like Serena just Won a popularity poll ranking all of the Pokémon Heroines

10th Place - Bonnie

9th Place - Mallow

8th Place - Iris

7th Place - Lana

6th Place - Chloe

5th Place - May

4th Place - Lillie

3rd Place - Misty

2nd Place - Dawn

1st Place - Serena

I'm surprised and Happy to see Chloe is at 6th Place despite her lack of screentime compared to all the other Main Pokegirls.
Pretty neck and neck with Dawn:

Serena 1425
Dawn 1397
Misty 814
Lilly 601
May 385
Koharu 302
Lana 203
Iris 171
Mallow 96
Bonnie 37

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Koharu is more popular than Lana?! Mallow I understand (she is my least favorite Alola girl) but Lana is a fan favorite right? (Even tho I like Koharu more than Lana).
Koharu doesn't show up often but the times whenever she does get a episode focused on her tend to be some of the better written episodes of Journeys.

Her VA probably helps

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Pretty neck and neck with Dawn:

Serena 1425
Dawn 1397
Misty 814
Lilly 601
May 385
Koharu 302
Lana 203
Iris 171
Mallow 96
Bonnie 37
Yeah i wouldn’t put too much faith in those number if i were you.

I was keeping track of that poll after ragnarok (iirc) posted about it, and there were a bunch of unnatural vote increase near the end of the voting time. The one that stands out the most were dawn and misty. Serena was ahead by around 300-400 votes and it seemed to have stabilized at around that gap, but dawn had a bunch of sudden big dump of votes in a very short time and close the gap. Misty was even more noticeable, where her votes was pretty much at around 500 for most of the poll runtime, but suddenly shot to 800 on the last day.

If you see the comment section on the poll, you’ll see some people taking notice of it. You’ll also see every positive comment about serena having been downvoted to hell. Ironically, she’s one of the few tht didn’t have any last minute unnatural vote increase.

Status
Not open for further replies.