• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Pikachu, Exeggcute, Scyther, Wurmple, Scorbunny, Sobble, Skwovet, and now Flabebe. Slowly but surely we are seeing Goh's pokemon evolve, which makes me more confident in my assumption that the writers will continue to focus on giving Goh first stage pokemon then evolve them, rather than capture full lines or evolved forms. Goh's Floette will likely also all evolve at some point later in the series.

The Nido's will likely evolve together, and Magicarp is definitely going to evolve, as will Misdreavus, Mantyke and Cubone. Goh just needs to evolve Scatterbug - Vivillion and he will be the 'Bug king of Kalos' as well.

1500x500

Now that begs the question, are we going to get more Flygon focus in the near future?
I'm glad they actually have Goh outgrow the "living dex" mindset. Big step up.
@Spider-Phoenix Can't wait till our Pokemon Masters promotion

Weak bait. Can't reel in when I know you are doing it on purpose.

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
I realize that polls like this aren't really meaningful, but I still get a kick out of seeing popularity polls for the human characters of the series. I'm surprised that Serena and Hikari have maintained their popularity even after all these years, although I'm surprised that Koharu outranked Iris and Suiren on this poll considering that Koharu hasn't exactly done much so far. But I admit that I feel a sense of schadenfreude seeing Eureka with so few votes.
Koharu doing well on that poll is probably an example of Recency Bias. Nothhing else.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
I'm not happy with the way Pokemon is going.

To make Ash look stronger than he is, they made Iris a champion and for the first time in history, Ash defeated a champion.

Iris wasn't strong enough to be the district champion.

Ash is still not strong enough to beat a champion.

I think the authors made Ash too strong to dampen backlash because of Goh.

How does Dracovish beat Dragonite with a single attack? This is ridiculous.

It is strange that in the first game a pokemon defeated a much more experienced and overpowered pokemon than itself.
Let me just remind you that ice attacks have 4x advantages over dragons.

charinija

Pokemon Master
Why ash is stronger now isn’t believable?he is alola champion, a champion to of course he strong enough to beat iris , it’s just galar gym leader is on another level and ash unfortunately use riolu on that , so isn’t that ridiculous? Mr vish beat dragonite totally make sense 4x super effective attack with boost from its ability
Ash's Alola championship is an exaggeration. Alola is a league established for the first time.

Kiawe entered the top 4, Lana entered the top 8.

Kiawe and Lana would probably have been eliminated in Kalos in the first round.

k6666

Pikachu Fan
Ash's Alola championship is an exaggeration. Alola is a league established for the first time.

Kiawe entered the top 4, Lana entered the top 8.

Kiawe and Lana would probably have been eliminated in Kalos in the first round.
Yet the fact he is beat the champion of establish and structure league so....?
What unbelievable or exaggeration of ash being alola champion is? he prove that he strong enough for the title , and in ash lv right now and his goal to reach Leon , he need to beat another champion in process
Isn't the normal trial captain participate in Kalos league yet finish on 16 th place on alola league?

Last edited:

charinija

Pokemon Master
They made Iris look very strong.

For the first time in an anime, we saw a character being so empowered upon his return.

I specifically want May and Dawn to come back. They are also quite advanced.

And now I think Ash will play the final with Leon in this series.

Ash will probably beat Raihan and Lance. But he loses to Leon.

charinija

Pokemon Master
Yet the fact is he beat the champion of establish league so....?
What unbelievable or exaggeration of ash being alola champion he prove that he strong enough about the tittle
Isn't the normal trial captain participate in Kalos league yet finish on 16 th place?
I don't believe Ash got strong enough without beating an Elite Four member or a true champion.

Iris wasn't strong enough to be a champion.

And I don't believe Ash beat a true champion.

Ash was shown very weak against Alder and Flint, but he was suddenly empowered.

Anime has changed a lot in the last 2 series.

Status
Not open for further replies.