• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AsH KetcHHup

I thought the sirfetch'd battle was great but it was a bit static. I think it had one of the series best moments, however. The animation was sick for like 10 seconds and then Ash said something like Mr dande is waiting. That part slapped real hard.

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Hurricane def did not get replaced, it was likely Hyper Beam that's gone lul.

Last edited:

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
But we'll see. I wonder if the rank increases will be relatively small going forward. Or maybe he'll get back to getting some losses. Cause I think the only times he's lost world championship matches was against Bea and those two other fights cause he had ptsd about getting up close.

Since Hyper is a much small class compared to the first two I would assume rank increases would small compared to before.
And then he had that major offscreen land increase in rank.

I assume they just didn't want to make another big show of him getting into super again.
So yes, i doubt them giving Goh Pansage has something to do with Cilan, i think it has something to do with Grookey instead, since he already had a Grass monkey with him.
I guess but I don't think the audience would confused the two.
Definitely Hyper Beam, since every time it tries to use it, it gets hurt :rolleyes:

Hurricane def did not get replaced, it was likely Hyper Beam that's gone lul.

The only time we see a Dragonite used Hyper Beam successfully was Ash's capture episode and that was a different Dragonite so that makes me believe that's the move that got the boot.

nuzamaki90

I think it’s neat that when an old character returns, it’s not just them, but also a supporting character for them that can sit and explain the backstory to their relationship with Ash to Goh. We’ve gotten Gurkinn, Chuck, Drayden, and soon Prof. Oak for Gary. Volkner coming soon means it could be Flint or even the Master, who was if you guys don’t remember, the Pokémon Hunter that Volkner and Flint battled against together.

I’m just a big fan of all the continuity. Supporting characters are getting turns in the spotlight too and I really like that.

ShadowForce720

Since Hyper is a much small class compared to the first two I would assume rank increases would small compared to before.

I assume they just didn't want to make another big show of him getting into super again.

I guess but I don't think the audience would confused the two.

The only time we see a Dragonite used Hyper Beam successfully was Ash's capture episode and that was a different Dragonite so that makes me believe that's the move that got the boot.
Hmm you knowing looking at it this is most likely Ash’s Dragonite’s current move set:

Ash’s Dragonite:
Dragon Dance(Dragon)
Dragon Claw(Dragon)
Hurricane(Flying)
Draco Meteor(Dragon)

I get that some times Ash’s Pokémon will have 3 moves of the same type but personally I wouldn’t mind Dragonite replaces one of it’s 3 Dragon type moves with a move that has a different type(other then Flying).

I think at this point it Hurricane and Draco Meteor are locks at this point in terms of them not getting replaced. So this means that if it does learn another move after Draco Meteor that it would replace Dragon Dance or Dragon Claw.

Also when it comes to Ash’s Hyper Class opponents, I think Bea or Volkner will be his first opponent in the Hyper Class. Although looking at it maybe it will actually be Bea since she is in the current opening in the scene that was showing characters that would appear in up coming episodes.

Thinking about it after the Project Mew Arc the only characters in that scene that was cycling throw characters holding a pokeball in the current opening that haven’t shown up yet since we got the current opening would be Korrina and Bea.

Which Korrina will probably be showing up to help Ash get his Key Stone and the Mega Stone for his Lucariowhich could happen before or after we sea Bea again, where Bea will probably be his first Hyper Class battle.

nickdt

Hmm you knowing looking at it this is most likely Ash’s Dragonite’s current move set:

Ash’s Dragonite:
Dragon Dance(Dragon)
Dragon Claw(Dragon)
Hurricane(Flying)
Draco Meteor(Dragon)

I get that some times Ash’s Pokémon will have 3 moves of the same type but personally I wouldn’t mind Dragonite replaces one of it’s 3 Dragon type moves with a move that has a different type(other then Flying).

I think at this point it Hurricane and Draco Meteor are locks at this point in terms of them not getting replaced. So this means that if it does learn another move after Draco Meteor that it would replace Dragon Dance or Dragon Claw.

Also when it comes to Ash’s Hyper Class opponents, I think Bea or Volkner will be his first opponent in the Hyper Class. Although looking at it maybe it will actually be Bea since she is in the current opening in the scene that was showing characters that would appear in up coming episodes.

Thinking about it after the Project Mew Arc the only characters in that scene that was cycling throw characters holding a pokeball in the current opening that haven’t shown up yet since we got the current opening would be Korrina and Bea.

Which Korrina will probably be showing up to help Ash get his Key Stone and the Mega Stone for his Lucariowhich could happen before or after we sea Bea again, where Bea will probably be his first Hyper Class battle.

I doubt Ash gets Mega Lucario, since Mega's aren't the current mechanic (And yes, i don't think they will be in the Sinnoh remakes, with them being marked as faithful remakes and all, which including Mega's, wouldn't be faithful remakes, since then you need to slightly change the story, i think we only get QOL improvements which don't affect the story or general gameplay).

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
Can people give me rundown of who owns a Jigglypuff in the Anime/Games? Maybe we can find it out, if not then it's just a new character.

Pokegirl Fan~

Liko>>>>>Ash
Can people give me rundown of who owns a Jigglypuff in the Anime/Games? Maybe we can find it out, if not then it's just a new character.
It could be a Clefairy or a Vulpix too. They all have similar shapes for the top of their heads.
Lillie owns an Alolan Vulpix so she's one possibility.
And maybe the scrapped female trainer from red/green since I think she could have any of those Pokemon.

ShadowForce720

I doubt Ash gets Mega Lucario, since Mega's aren't the current mechanic (And yes, i don't think they will be in the Sinnoh remakes, with them being marked as faithful remakes and all, which including Mega's, wouldn't be faithful remakes, since then you need to slightly change the story, i think we only get QOL improvements which don't affect the story or general gameplay).
By that logic Ash shouldn’t have a Dragonite since it’s not current gen Pokémon and doesn’t have Gigantamax form.

It’s pretty clear that Journeys is not solely focused on gen 8, but focuses on all the generations instead. So it doesn’t matter if Mega Evolution isn’t the current mechanic, as that doesn’t prevent Ash from Mega Evolving his Lucario.

Look it would be one thing if this series was like the previous series where Ash’s is trapped in the current region and the series just focuses on gen 8. However the current series is very clearly not solely focused on gen 8.

Considering that Ash’s Lucario looks up to Korrina’s Lucario and knows it can Mega Evolve, and considering that Korrina is likely showing up again, it’s pretty likely that Ash will have a Mega Lucario.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
My theory may be absurd... but well, anything is possible in Journeys. What if Sabrina gives Ash a new Pokemon for winning? What if it's Gardevoir?
I guess that would be a great cool reference to Ash giving her Haunter in OS.

Status
Not open for further replies.