• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psajdak

I think long haired character on that picture is Serena who let her hair grow down, and then visited hairstylist.

MartínK

First of all, Boosting moves in the Anime work differently than in the Games.

While in the games, Dragon Dance boosts the ATK & SPD of the Pokemon.
In the Anime, it boosts the Speed and Power of the Pokemon, meaning it even boosts Special/Ranged moves. Same applies on other boosting moves as well.

In short, in the Anime, there is no concept of ATK, S.ATK, DEF, S.DEF.
Its just Power, Defense and Speed.

As for which move replaces Draco Meteor, my fear is that, it probably replaces Hurricane.
Reason being, that Dragonite used Hurricane (in Counter-Shield style), and converted the power of Haxorus's Dragon Pulse to create/learn Draco Meteor.
And most of the time in the Anime, when a move is used to learn another move, the base move is usually written-off by the writers.

Goh Pokedex entry for Dragon Dance: Dragon Dance, a move that combines concentration and rhythmic movement to increase the physical skills of a Pokémon.

Pkjoan

Pokemon Master
I doubt Ash gets Mega Lucario, since Mega's aren't the current mechanic (And yes, i don't think they will be in the Sinnoh remakes, with them being marked as faithful remakes and all, which including Mega's, wouldn't be faithful remakes, since then you need to slightly change the story, i think we only get QOL improvements which don't affect the story or general gameplay).

The Megas are confirmed to return in the remakes though

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
I doubt Ash gets Mega Lucario, since Mega's aren't the current mechanic (And yes, i don't think they will be in the Sinnoh remakes, with them being marked as faithful remakes and all, which including Mega's, wouldn't be faithful remakes, since then you need to slightly change the story, i think we only get QOL improvements which don't affect the story or general gameplay).

They could always have Mega's (and potentially Z-moves) be obtainable after completing the main story of the remakes since post game stuff is usually optional for someone to do anyway.

I'm hoping the games have some platinum influences despite the being faithful claim.

Besides I don't mind if Ash finally get a proper mega after all this time and if Lucario was the only one to go, then so be it.

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
so why not let him use the mega evolution and z-moves if the need arises?

Giving that Ash left his Z-ring at home at start of the series makes me doubt he use Z-moves during the current series.
They could always have Mega's (and potentially Z-moves) be obtainable after completing the main story of the remakes since post game stuff is usually optional for someone to do anyway.

Can't you say the same thing about Dyna/Gigantamaxing since they can do all the same things you just said about Mega's and Z-moves.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Giving that Ash left his Z-ring at home at start of the series makes me doubt he use Z-moves during the current series.

which he could easily retrieve if the writers so desire.
Can't you say the same thing about Dyna/Gigantamaxing since they can do all the same things you just said about Mega's and Z-moves.

No, because Dyna/Gigantamaxing doesn't have the same level of freedom than Mega's and Z-moves do, the latter 2 can be performed pretty much anywhere in the world, but the former is only shown to be doable in Galar.

Psajdak

I wonder for how long have people asked for Butterfree, Primeape, and Pidgeot to return...?

Because if it is since they left, then that is really sad.

In my case I wished for Butterfree to return since I was, like, 12, and now I am almost 32.

charinija

Pokemon Master
I wonder for how long have people asked for Butterfree, Primeape, and Pidgeot to return...?

In my case I wished for Butterfree to return since I was, like, 12, and now I am almost 32.
Butterfree will never return. Now he has a family. They probably had a baby.But I would love to see it with 1 episode family.Maybe even give 1 baby to ash. Lol

Primeape is in training He will come back one day. But in this series, Ash has 2 fighting type pokemons. Ash will likely catch Urshifu as well. He does not return in this series.

One of the most ambiguous subjects in the anime is Pidgeot. I think if he will, he should return in this series. But he was never mentioned. Ash has a promise to pidgeot to get you back.

Primeape is still Ash's pokemon. Others were released. They may not return.

Master Pikachu 11

Our best bet is that she is Sabrina but her hair does seem a bit short.
I was thinking that it could be Nessa, but if it is Sabrina, then hopefully the battle will be a lot better then it was back in OS that episode was creepy as hell.
She could be Nessa. But, that tiny shadow by her side that remembers a jigglypuff/vulpix made me think about Lillie, even it’s very improbable for her be even in the competition.
Lillie is searching for her father and if they werent searching then I expect Gladion to participate in the PWC then Lillie.

I just remembered that in the opening towards the end with the collage of different scenes from the series, there is another trainer there in the 1:24 mark next to Bea on the left side he is wearing glasses and orange shoes, I wonder if that trainer is the guy that many are expecting to Surge as he hasn’t shown up yet, so maybe not all of them are gym leaders.

DuskAstral

Plus they could easily have a situation where we get some battles where it’s Mega Evolution vs Gigantamax.
I don't think we would get such fights as there would be too much power difference. It is unrealistic that post-Mega Evolved Pokémon could do anything about G-max Pokémon that are much larger than them and have stronger attacks.

Morax

King of heroes
Ash's PWC opponents:

h4x96ncm4ux61.jpg
No Dio? Guess they're saving him for master class

Zariful

Butterfree will never return. Now he has a family. They probably had a baby.But I would love to see it with 1 episode family.Maybe even give 1 baby to ash. Lol

Primeape is in training He will come back one day. But in this series, Ash has 2 fighting type pokemons. Ash will likely catch Urshifu as well. He does not return in this series.

One of the most ambiguous subjects in the anime is Pidgeot. I think if he will, he should return in this series. But he was never mentioned. Ash has a promise to pidgeot to get you back.

Primeape is still Ash's pokemon. Others were released. They may not return.
Apparently the promise was a dub only thing. Kind of how Bulbasaur not wanting to evolve yet was a dub thing. So the promise may not hold a lot of weight for the writers

ShadowForce720

Apparently the promise was a dub only thing. Kind of how Bulbasaur not wanting to evolve yet was a dub thing. So the promise may not hold a lot of weight for the writers
Actually, no, Dephender himself confirmed that Ash’s promise with Pidgeot was not a dub only thing and was actually in the original version as well.

I don't think we would get such fights as there would be too much power difference. It is unrealistic that post-Mega Evolved Pokémon could do anything about G-max Pokémon that are much larger than them and have stronger attacks.
It’s already been shown that it is possible for a non Gigantamax Pokémon to take out a Gigantamax Pokémon as we saw it happen in the Darkest Day Arc.

Also considering that Ash is being built up to face Leon, there is no reason to think that he wouldn’t be able to beat a Gigantamax with a Mega Evolution.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Can people give me rundown of who owns a Jigglypuff in the Anime/Games? Maybe we can find it out, if not then it's just a new character.
Basically just Whitney in HGSS(I checked Valerie to confirm and wow... I forgot that XY games only gave gym leaders two Pokemon. How pathetic)

Mic Jigglypuff was really the only Jigglypuff apart from Pokelantis Jigglypuff for years. I'm still frustrated over the decision to bring her back, they aren't even using her...

I guess they could give Green one if she actually does show, since it'd be obvious she'd have Venusaur due to Gary and Ash/Leon owning Blastoise and Charizard. She'd need a walking mon due to Venusaur being too big and awkward for that, sort of like how Blastoise is Gary's strongest but we see Umbreon more as he's smaller

i2i

Big Bad Wolf
which he could easily retrieve if the writers so desire.
True but still they ditch which tells me won't see Ash use it unless becomes relevant again.
No, because Dyna/Gigantamaxing doesn't have the same level of freedom than Mega's and Z-moves do, the latter 2 can be performed pretty much anywhere in the world, but the former is only shown to be doable in Galar.

But you don't think they'll make it possible to use Dyna/Gigantamaxing outside Galar with whatever method in BDSP.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
My theory may be absurd... but well, anything is possible in Journeys. What if Sabrina gives Ash a new Pokemon for winning? What if it's Gardevoir?
I guess that would be a great cool reference to Ash giving her Haunter in OS.
I'd rather Ash not get freebies, thanks.
If he gets Gardevoir he should either get it via battle or it chooses to go with him. Eggs are fine but I just find them having characters pawn off Pokemon to another character as lazy like they couldn't think of any other way to give them that Pokemon. Brock's Vulpix was fine though since it actually fit with his role at the time
I just don't think they want to have Mega's overshadow Gigantamax, especially if used by the main character of the show, in the generation where its not the current mechanic.
Doesn't that logic fly out the window due to Dragonite overshadowing his entire team? lol

I've wanted Primeape back since the OS, seeing him in the opening alongside the lab Pokemon in BW reignited that hope and I've never stopped hoping!
His episodes will never stop being hilarious

Status
Not open for further replies.