• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

ShadowForce720

Everstone. Too much marketability.

Delphox sucks. Braixen is miles better.

Probably not. Given that Diggersby is usually associated with evil teams (Flare).

All others are fair game.
Just pointing this out Rowlet having the Everstone doesn’t prevent it from evil since they can just separate Rowlet from the Everstone. As for being too marketable, that literally doesn’t matter because Rowlet is no longer on the main cast, so that doesn’t prevent it from evolving especially considering that it’s not a current gen Pokémon.

Plus I seem to remember some people trying to argue that Iris’s Axew would never evolve, and yet here we are.

As for your argument about Delphox and Braixen, look it’s fine if you hate/don’t like Delphox and prefer Braixen, but that doesn’t prevent Serena’s Braixen from evolving.

As for Diggersby if I recall Team Flare never really used a Diggerby in the anime, and considering that they are probably not going to show up again and even if they did it’s not like they would be a recurring threat like they use to be.

So they don’t prevent Clemont’s Bunnelby from evolving.

ShadowForce720

So since Axew was allowed to Evolve because he's no longer apart of the main cast

What are the chances of seeing hypotheticals such as:

Ash's Decidueye
Ash's Serperior
May's Blastoise
May's Delcatty
Dawn's Empoleon
Dawn's Lopunny
Dawn's Typholosion
Serena's Delphox
Serena's Pangoro
Clemont's Chesnaught
Clemont's Diggersby
Lillie's Alolan Ninetales
Lana's Vaporeon
All of them for the most are pretty much possible, however the problem with Dawn’s Piplup evolving is that it has specifically stated that it doesn’t want to evolve so she wound up getting a Everstone for it.

Athough I suppose Dawn’s Piplup could change it’s mind and choose to evolve anyway.

Um in regards to Lana’s Eevee evolving into a Vaporeon, what if the way Lana gets a Water Stone to evolve her Eevee, is that Chloe and her Eevee decide to give them their Water Stone.

J. D. Guy

One thing I do wonder is how likely returnees will be Anime-original characters. So far, not counting borderline cases like Deliah and Gary, who are direct Anime adaptations of Red's mother and Blue respectively, or the Team Rocket Trio who are grandfathered in, no returnee has been an Anime-original character. They've all been game-original characters who had roles in the Anime in the past (and Wikstrom, who's an old game-original character who debuts for the first time).

Well, I guess Team Rocket would be the only exception, in the form of Matori (and her squad if any of them were the same as the ones in Sun and Moon}. But that's about it. And it doesn't really seem like any Anime-original returnees are on the horizon, only game-original ones.

Do you think Korrina will even reappear, seeing how everyone from the old cast is currently only for 1ep?
If the theory/rumor about Mega Lucario for Ash becomes a real thing and Korrina becomes the one who gives/trains Ash in that regard, then it is possible.

Morax

King of heroes
All of them for the most are pretty much possible, however the problem with Dawn’s Piplup evolving is that it has specifically stated that it doesn’t want to evolve so she wound up getting a Everstone for it.

Athough I suppose Dawn’s Piplup could change it’s mind and choose to evolve anyway.
>piplup changed his mind off-screen
That would be dumb, even by pokemon standards.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

DuskAstral

Ash's Decidueye
Ash's Serperior
Nothing suggests Satoshi's Pokémon are training in his absence, so it is doubtful that they will evolve.Also, one cannot forget that Rowlet cannot evolve because he has everstone.
May's Blastoise
May's Delcatty
I do not mind, but there is very little chance of May's return due to her Seiyuu's voice disorder (and from what I heard, Japan is very reluctant to change voice actor)
Dawn's Empoleon
Empoleon on Dawn is unlikely to happen as Piplup did not want to evolve (although it is hoped that he changed his mind in the meantime)
Serena's Delphox
Serena's Pangoro
I can't see these Pokémon on her, because Serena has no chance of returning.

>Ash's married life
Yeah he's going to dump his son/daughter in Serena's care and never be home just like his father. :)
False. I’ve always seen that as the opposite. Ash would care for his child the opposite of what his father did.

Master Pikachu 11

Just pointing this out Rowlet having the Everstone doesn’t prevent it from evil since they can just separate Rowlet from the Everstone. As for being too marketable, that literally doesn’t matter because Rowlet is no longer on the main cast, so that doesn’t prevent it from evolving especially considering that it’s not a current gen Pokémon.

Plus I seem to remember some people trying to argue that Iris’s Axew would never evolve, and yet here we are.

As for your argument about Delphox and Braixen, look it’s fine if you hate/don’t like Delphox and prefer Braixen, but that doesn’t prevent Serena’s Braixen from evolving.

As for Diggersby if I recall Team Flare never really used a Diggerby in the anime, and considering that they are probably not going to show up again and even if they did it’s not like they would be a recurring threat like they use to be.

So they don’t prevent Clemont’s Bunnelby from evolving.
I would love to be proven wrong, but I just don’t see it evolving because it is too popular and marketable as a Rowlet and just because it is not in the main cast doesn’t mean Ash can’t use it again to promote Legends, but we will see I think out of all the Legends starters that Quilava is the best of the three to fully evolve.

On a side note, I really hope that Gible evolves because I really want to see Ash own a Garchomp

Status
Not open for further replies.