• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
It calls my attention that, in the last episode, Goh captured a Pansear and a Panpour, but not a Pansage. And I think I know why.

Pansage is literally a "Grass Monkey", but Goh already has one of those: Grookey. Sure, Goh wants to catch'em all, but this is the Generation of Grookey as a starter, which means they can't give Goh a Pokemon that may "eclips" one of his main Pokemon.

Also, I'm pretty sure that, in case they find a Pansage in the future, it will be Ash who will capture it. Why?, simple, because the same way Ash's Dragonite is a reminder of one of his past friends (Iris), Pansage could be a reminder of another one: Cilan. I DO believe a Pansage will suit for Ash's team, and unlike Cilan's, a Pansage for Ash could eventually evolve.

Isn't the "wedding" should have been discussed in Character Speculation thread or its specific thread? This thread is for pokemon speculation, no?

dman_dustin

It calls my attention that, in the last episode, Goh captured a Pansear and a Panpour, but not a Pansage. And I think I know why.

Pansage is literally a "Grass Monkey", but Goh already has one of those: Grookey. Sure, Goh wants to catch'em all, but this is the Generation of Grookey as a starter, which means they can't give Goh a Pokemon that may "eclips" one of his main Pokemon.

Also, I'm pretty sure that, in case they find a Pansage in the future, it will be Ash who will capture it. Why?, simple, because the same way Ash's Dragonite is a reminder of one of his past friends (Iris), Pansage could be a reminder of another one: Cilan. I DO believe a Pansage will suit for Ash's team, and unlike Cilan's, a Pansage for Ash could eventually evolve.

I don't think that works because its not like we'd see Go's Pansage all that much, its not like Go's captures have to have any real purpose.

RafaSceptile

Maybe I'm misunderstanding your point, but I personally thought that XY's cast and SM's cast were among the worst precisely because there were too many characters. I still maintain that XY could've done without Eureka, and SM could've done without Mao, Suiren, and Maamane.
I find that the main problem with those more numerous casts is that is much harder to balance how many onscreen time and development they have. This is particulary true with SM, but other than that, I think they have an enjoyable personality for the other aspects of their characters.

MartínK

First mythical Pokémon - Shaymin
First Ultra Beast - Poipole
First pink mon - G-Slowpoke
Third Ice type - Snom
First canine - Rockruff
Second Steel type - A-Dugtrio
Second 4th gen mon - Bidoof
First equine - K-Ponyta
First bovine - Tauros
First caprinae - Mareep
First pachiderm - Rhyhorn
First ursidae - Kubfu
First Pika Clone - Mimikyu

Kubfu jajajajaj

charinija

Pokemon Master
Do you think Korrina will even reappear, seeing how everyone from the old cast is currently only for 1ep?
Korinna would definitely come back

1) It will help Ash if there is a mega evolution.

2) Lucario does not appear for a long time. I think it's a sign of mega evolution.

3) Even if there is no mega evolution, Lucario with mega evolution will battle against Ash's Lucario.

Korinna will definitely come back.

In fact, I think she will give mega stone to Ash .

charinija

Pokemon Master
One of Lucario's movests must be of the steel type.

It could be Flash Cannon or Meteor Mash.

I cannot embrace that the steel-type features of a steel-type pokemon remain in the background.

Lucario stands out as a fighting type. But also steel type.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.

I would honestly rather Cilan just return than see Ash get a pansage of his own.

If they are going to continue the "Ash gets companions pokemon" trend then i would rather Ash get a crustle or stunfisk (perhaps the galar variant) instead.

One of Lucario's movests must be of the steel type.

It could be Flash Cannon or Meteor Mash.

I cannot embrace that the steel-type features of a steel-type pokemon remain in the background.

Lucario stands out as a fighting type. But also steel type.

Why not steel beam?

charinija

Pokemon Master
Why not steel beam
It could also be Steel Beam. But Gen 8 moves are mostly represented by Gen 8 pokemons in my opinion.

I think Goh or Ash might catch Duraludon.

I think it is more likely that we will see it in the new generation, not in the old generation pokemon.

Oh, I hope we see it in Ash's Lucario.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters

Pansage would literally just get thrown into the lab and forgotten about like Darmanitan and the non-Dewgong/Kaijukarp Water types

I think it's more of a hint that Cilan is going to appear at some point, if Ash were to get a grass monkey then it'd most likely be Zarude. The elemental monkeys aren't exactly popular, Ash's Unova capture if he gets one would be Chandelure or something else.

Just because Goh gets something doesn't mean Ash needs to get the matching counterpart, Goh got both Exeggutor, both Nidoran, etc. Speculating captures for Ash based on Goh's is a bit pointless

charinija

Pokemon Master
I do not mind, but there is very little chance of May's return due to her Seiyuu's voice disorder (and from what I heard, Japan is very reluctant to change voice actor)
Frankly, in this series, I see higher probability of May's return than Dawn.

We haven't seen May in a very long time. Dawn We saw Dawn later compared to May.

And May is better suited to be a top coordinator. Better squad. More experienced. May T can return as Top Coordinator.

No mention of pokemon contests in the new series. We haven't seen the ribbons for a very long time.

The easiest way to see Ash's Top Coordinator friend and Blaziken in the new series is May.

Dawn may also return due to the DP remake. If Ash catches Piplup, Dawn might return too.

Dawn's piplup becomes the teacher for Ash's piplup.

Dawn or May I think definitely someone will return.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.

We haven't seen May in a very long time. Dawn We saw Dawn later compared to May.

And May is better suited to be a top coordinator. Better squad. More experienced. May T can return as Top Coordinator.

No mention of pokemon contests in the new series. We haven't seen the ribbons for a very long time.

The easiest way to see Ash's Top Coordinator friend and Blaziken in the new series is May.

Dawn may also return due to the DP remake. If Ash catches Piplup, Dawn might return too.

the problem is May's VA isn't doing Voice work as much as she used if at all anymore, or something to that effect.

with DP remakes coming if contests are brought up even if it's only for an episode, then I expect Dawn or possibly Serena since she did go to hoenn to start doing them (possibly both girls since they are so popular in a contest against each other) show them off.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

Serena

Almighty Zard

He has returned.

it'd be kind of neat if she and dawn competed against each other in a contest honestly.

Just pointing this out but Rowlet could still technically evolve.

kind of wish I saw this sooner.

you know i'm starting to hope that rowlet comes back for a fight, and whoever it's fighting makes it cough up the everstone and then crushes it to piss rowlet off and cause it to evolve as a result.

Status
Not open for further replies.