• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

desdar300

I'm just wondering if there's a third reason why Eevee Koharu can't evolve.
It occurred to me that maybe because a new eeveelution is approaching (in the 9th generation) and it is reserved just for this Eevee
It's Gmax.
The Gmax Pikachu and Vee can't evolve due to the phenomenon so at one point in the show it's likely going to go big

DuskAstral

It's Gmax.
The Gmax Pikachu and Vee can't evolve due to the phenomenon so at one point in the show it's likely going to go big
Eevee Koharu doesn't have G-max. Besides, the fact that this process blocks Eevee (and Pikachu) from evolving in games doesn't mean the same applies to the anime.
I would also like to add that I would personally choose the second option, which is that Eevee Koharu is not decisive about the path she wants to follow (especially since the thread in which Koharu and Eevee conduct research on her evolutions has been introduced).

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I'm just wondering if there's a third reason why Eevee Koharu can't evolve.
It occurred to me that maybe because a new eeveelution is approaching (in the 9th generation) and it is reserved just for this Eevee
See this character in the next series too? No...... :.=[

Pikachu111213

Traveler
I have a question. Is it still possible for Ash to get an Eeveelution in this series? Which one would you want Ash to have?
I’d have to say a solid no. Though, most would say espeon if they had to pick
See this character in the next series too? No...... :.=[
I mean, she could just get the new Eeveelution at the end of this series (even if just the last or second to last episode). Similar to how Alexa debuted Kalos mons at the end of Unova and Gary debuted Electivire in the last episode of Battle Frontier.

We used to get a sort of sneak peak at the next Gen in the anime in some way (Kanto- Togepi, Donphan in the movie, Johto- Kecleon, Blaziken, lati@s and wailmer in the movie, like a billion things in hoenn, Sinnoh- Zorua line in the movie, Unova- Mega Mewtwo Y in the movie, Sylveon in the short, and Alexa’s mons, Kalos- Magearna in the movie). But then Alola didn’t do this. Hope they bring it back at the end of journeys

RafaSceptile

I’d have to say a solid no. Though, most would say espeon if they had to pick

I mean, she could just get the new Eeveelution at the end of this series (even if just the last or second to last episode). Similar to how Alexa debuted Kalos mons at the end of Unova and Gary debuted Electivire in the last episode of Battle Frontier.

We used to get a sort of sneak peak at the next Gen in the anime in some way (Kanto- Togepi, Donphan in the movie, Johto- Kecleon, Blaziken, lati@s and wailmer in the movie, like a billion things in hoenn, Sinnoh- Zorua line in the movie, Unova- Mega Mewtwo Y in the movie, Sylveon in the short, and Alexa’s mons, Kalos- Magearna in the movie). But then Alola didn’t do this. Hope they bring it back at the end of journeys
Technically both appeared in the next series so janejane will see Koharu in Gen 9 series

thedarkdragon11

P4P Elite
I don't think Alain will return, Ash was simply inferior to him and that's it, Alain was always better trainer and that's it.
and yet he told Ash that he felt he was the superior trainer in the end.
It's likely a realization by Alain:
  • He thinks Ash overall is a "superior" trainer since he has better trained mons than Alain has... Imagine a Charizard trained w/ ME for years who defeated an E4 mon and swept the conference almost beaten by a Greninja trained by a "kouhai" trainer for less than a year... Plus, Pikachu who defeated 2 of his "lesser" mons and almost took down Charizard as well...
  • He won the Lumiose Conference yet he was almost helpless during the Kalos Crisis (he knows his "lesser" mons will easily lose), whereas Ash tried with his mons to battle Lysandre's hax Pyroar and Gyarados...

ToyGod

I am on YouTube too!!
In the image given above of pokemon can you predict what pokemon ash will catch?
Maybe Eiscue, not betting anything. It looks like a Pokemon that has issues, especially its ability and could be like another Farfetch'd or Dracovish. Anime is known for giving underrated mons to Ash now. But yet again, Goh can catch it to disappoint us, so let's lay low for now.

Also, have you guys watched the latest episode. I thought it was going to be filler, but a good Goh development episode and giving him more character and teaching him a lesson.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Thought I'd put this in just because it matches allot of what we already know. If we get an Alola episode soon, I could see Goh catching Passimian.

E1U3aB3UYAIsnpx
Very curious about that Falinks. It seems like it’s everywhere and has been for awhile...
In the image given above of pokemon can you predict what pokemon ash will catch?
Eiscue and/or Kubfu. My heart wants to say Piplup. But my brain knows better.

desdar300

Eevee Koharu doesn't have G-max. Besides, the fact that this process blocks Eevee (and Pikachu) from evolving in games doesn't mean the same applies to the anime.
I would also like to add that I would personally choose the second option, which is that Eevee Koharu is not decisive about the path she wants to follow (especially since the thread in which Koharu and Eevee conduct research on her evolutions has been introduced).
It doesn't yet but there's nothing stopping her from getting one in the future
The Eevee are usually present to promote whatever new thing they're tied to.
May's- FRLG promotion and later evolved into Glaceon when she returned in DP
Serena's - evolve into Sylveon the poster child of the Fairy type.
Lana's- represented let's go with that funny haircut it got.
With Eevee being bumped up to the second mascot of the series and receiving a cool new form in SWSH Chloe's is here to rep that hard

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
Thought I'd put this in just because it matches allot of what we already know. If we get an Alola episode soon, I could see Goh catching Passimian.

E1U3aB3UYAIsnpx
If we're having another Alola episode, I hope (in vain) they remember Ash's connection with passimian, but, Go will probably catch it. Kommo-O, I can easily see as Bea's new mon.

Excluding the obvious guys:

Durant - Go
Urshifu lines - Project Mew characters
Piplup - PoTD/Dawn
Stupid a$$ ice penguin - Ash, because, as someone said, they can make an habit of give Ash stupid/unorthodox like pokemon this time.

Dunno about ponyta, but, Chloe already bonded with one and no capture.

ToyGod

I am on YouTube too!!
Lana's- represented let's go with that funny haircut it got.
Crazy theory, what if Chloe gave Lana the Water Stone she got from the 63rd episode. ......Just my headcanon, leave it.
Joking aside, Eiscue getting all this merch has to mean something right?
But this is something to ponder. Eiscue isn't that popular, so a possibility maybe. Speculation is my middle name

Status
Not open for further replies.