• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
I like seeing Infernape and especially the flashbag of Paul, but was the point of showing Infernape here? He wanted to battle Moltres but he barely managed to damage it. Pikachu and Gary's electric Pokemon were the ones to actually dmg it..

MegaSalamence05

If there's one thing that I want to see happen as a result of Infernape and Charizard's limited appearance is to finally realize specific battles. (I know they're from openings). Give them their shot they should of gotten. Like there are multiple battles that I want to realized. I'm excluding Sceptile and Greninja for now.

Ash's Charizard vs Reshiram (Especially if N was to return and request a battle between the 2, (I know with how his character is portrayed its slightly against it)
Ash's Infernape vs Entei (With Suicune being caught by Goh, travelling the world on the North Wind, Infernape wants to battle against Fire types and legendary fire types with Moltres being the first). If Ash, Infernape and Entei get put in that position it would be highly intriguing. Gives Ash something to do at least during this arc.

While Goh does his thing with the Project Mew stuff. (I'm thinking his next capture of the legendary variety is Regice).

Ace-Barn

#Tokio&Nickit
Allot of ice types showing up soon; Regice, A-Ninetales, and Eiscue. I wonder if we will get K-Articuno as well, so that it is out of the way for the Galar birds?

Falinks is still the big question mark; either a plot light episode between the PM mission and Ash's next PWC match, or Bea's next Pokémon?

DigitalTrainer

Worried about everything
Allot of ice types showing up soon; Regice, A-Ninetales, and Eiscue. I wonder if we will get K-Articuno as well, so that it is out of the way for the Galar birds?

Falinks is still the big question mark; either a plot light episode between the PM mission and Ash's next PWC match, or Bea's next Pokémon?
Who do think will get what?

All of DP’s japanese openings started with a description saying “these are the adventures of Ash and Dawn”.
That is not literal "protagonist" label, that is at most implied. Dawn never really get officialy "main protagonist" label (it has to literally say "main protagonist"). Even Serena had whole song/ending dedicated to her but that doesn't made her protagonist.

Last edited:

Master Pikachu 11

After seeing Corvikinght in this week's episode, I again started wishing for it to be on the main cast. Such a cool Pokemon.
If Ash or Goh won't get one, at least let Gary have it.
I agree, I still hope that Ash gets it especially after that tease in the Dracovish episode.
Which makes his disappointment in failing to catch Pidgeotto really dumb. Just evolve your Pidgey! It feels like Goh wants to take shortcuts to being an actual trainer in certain ways.
Exactly he needs to evolve his other Pokémon that he already has, Pidgey and Spearow should both evolve which is probably why Goh failed to catch their evolved forms because they plan to do just that.

ShadowForce720

Goh will most likely leave Ash to become a project Mew member in the last JN episode.
It hasn’t really been established that once a character is a official member of Project Mew that they have to always be traveling with the group.

Basically given what we know of Project Mew so far there is nothing about it that would prevent Goh from still traveling with Ash and continue with what they are doing.

Heck if anything Project Mew can be used to keep Goh around in the show for even longer.

Jers745

I dont know :p
It hasn’t really been established that once a character is a official member of Project Mew that they have to always be traveling with the group.

Basically given what we know of Project Mew so far there is nothing about it that would prevent Goh from still traveling with Ash and continue with what they are doing.

Heck if anything Project Mew can be used to keep Goh around in the show for even longer.
Well we have to wait and see because what i understood was that they will go to crown trundra to investigate for some time and giving that ash will most likely only be in galar during the master class they would have to separate

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Well we have to wait and see because what i understood was that they will go to crown trundra to investigate for some time and giving that ash will most likely only be in galar during the master class they would have to separate
I doubt project mew would be a one time continous thing. Especially considering how they introduced the concept of ‘token’ and ‘trial missions’. There’s also no reason to assume ash has to spend most of his time in galar.

They are most likely taking the role of goh’s ‘badges’, as an indicator of his progress with project mew. So it’ll most likely be spread out with different settings.

Though honestly it feels weird having ash tag along with this kind of system.

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Sheesh. Since Ash already won a Pokémon League and doesn't seem interested in Galar gyms, at this point he should compete in Kanto Pokémon Contests lmao. Dragonite seems like a great fit for them. Plus most great trainers in the anime are both distinguished trainers and Top Coordinators like Gym Leaders Fantina and Juan or Champion like Wallace.

charinija

Pokemon Master
There's been some bullshit in Pokemon anime lately.

Ash no longer catches pokemon. Pokemon catches Ash.

Ash would not have caught Lycanrock without Kukui. Kukui said catch. Ash has no desire to catch pokemon in the last series. Pokemon are coming to Ash.

Hopefully it will be like Ash OS in the new series.

Frankly, I want Ash to be given a very powerful pokemon, but not to listen to Ash's orders like Charizard first.

Pokemon that did not obey Ash's word did not happen after Charizard.

Infernape Blaze was active and Lycanrock was not listening to Ash with red eyes.

But I hope he catches the mighty Pokemon that don't completely listen to Ash.

Now I want Ash to catch a pokemon. I'm tired of Pokemon catching Ash.

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
There's been some bullshit in Pokemon anime lately.

Ash no longer catches pokemon. Pokemon catches Ash.

Ash would not have caught Lycanrock without Kukui. Kukui said catch. Ash has no desire to catch pokemon in the last series. Pokemon are coming to Ash.

Hopefully it will be like Ash OS in the new series.

Frankly, I want Ash to be given a very powerful pokemon, but not to listen to Ash's orders like Charizard first.

Pokemon that did not obey Ash's word did not happen after Charizard.

Infernape Blaze was active and Lycanrock was not listening to Ash with red eyes.

But I hope he catches the mighty Pokemon that don't completely listen to Ash.

Now I want Ash to catch a pokemon. I'm tired of Pokemon catching Ash.
Dude, go become a Poet.

Master Pikachu 11

I am afraid that is not a tease. Ash seems to have lost interest in capturing pokemons. If he were still like OS days, he will definitely attempt to catch it. Now he will only catch pokemon who beg to be caught.
Well technically Gengar wasn’t begging Ash to capture it as Ash was actually competing with Goh to catch it and it only joined Ash after he battled the Trio alongside it. So if the writers want to have Ash compete with Goh for a Pokémon again, they are very capable of having him go after a Pokémon in the future. There is still plenty of time since there are still many popular Pokémon that have not been showcased in episodes yet like Chandelure for example. Plus several legendaries and mythicals.

Status
Not open for further replies.