• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
I've never once doubted Ash would get Kubfu, the 'leak' means nothing to me. I do think it's stupid giving him and Goh both Kubfu and Toxel though, that's just repetitive...
The other Kubfu should go to Bea seeing how she's his rival. It'd be a perfect fit for both her and Ash to receive Kubfu and raise them differently. Giving both Urshifu and Toxtricity forms to Ash and Goh is just boring. Could at least do something like Ash and Chloe both get Toxel, or one/both Toxel ended up with Team Rocket. Why does Goh even need Toxtricity? His Raichu actually had an interesting personality yet it got turned into a background mon. Least with Ash it'd be refreshing to see him with a second Electric type for the first time and could have done some development with Chloe/TRio for the other, or heck give Surge it instead of Raichu and probably Electivre since that seems the default Electric type foe nowadays

I hope Ash gets the Dark form, it's about time he has a Dark type that actually feels like a Dark type! And if he gets Piplup... well that's even more type overlap

I'd really love for James to get Morpeko as I'm sick of him constantly having nothing to his name every saga for episodes upon end. This is the worst one yet! He doesn't even need a battler, it can just be another gag mon like Wobbuffet. But given how this saga has treated them like **** outside of the very few episodes they were the focus of I remain very doubtful until the episode airs.
If a new opening appears what spoilers you except
Give me Cilan and best rival Paul

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Or we just be cautious and allow things to wait and see what happens.
That defeats the purpose of a speculation thread. No harm done as long as people aren’t saying these things will happen for sure

Summarizing the Rumors...
1. James gets Morpeko
2. Ash/Goh both get a Kubfu Form
3. Ash/Goh both get a form of Toxtricity
4. New Opening Soon.
5. Ending will stay the same

My Problem is that he will barely get focus if he is on Ash's Team or he will get focus and then be thrown out of the window. His current Pokeomn haven't gotten enough focus as well. His Pokemon don't appear for most episodes. Then what is the point in giving him two more Pokemon if they are merely going to appear. I don't understand the point. It seems like this Anime wants to rely on fanservice and hype rather than on Good Writing.
for a moment i thought you were janejane, lol

The fact that Goh challenge Ash to see who could catch Gengar first only reinforces that Ash did have an interest in catching him.
What does Goh's challenge have anything to do with it? If it is about the acceptance of the challenge:
it would be awkward if he refused.

Not only that Ash did compete with Goh over who would catch Scyther, Golurk
Regarding Golurk:
Goh is the one who said the part about catching. It seems Ash said no hard feelings to told Goh that he is okay with Goh catching it, might imply he don't care about catching Golurk... Ash do not even try to get a pokeball.
So, NO. Ash did not attempt to catch them. It all start from Goh, he was the one who said out loud that he want to catch, he only said that to Ash as an early excuse in case Ash has interest in it. It is Goh being polite.

Regarding Scyter: Ash never attempted to catch Scyther, he was looking for it to help Goh catch it.

Also if anything Ash catching Galarian Farfetch’d proves that he is still wanting to catch Pokémon. Just because Ash didn’t instantly throw a pokeball at Galarian Farfetch’d and instead took to a Pokémon Center first doesn’t mean he wasn’t interested in catching it.
This one is when Ash had the initiative.

blatantly false
What blantantly false is the notion that Ash is the one who had the capture initiative (except G.Fetch). Dragonite ask first to be caught, so are Gengar and Lucario. Dracovish was suggested by the fossil researcher.

Last edited:

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Ash even let G. Farfetch'd go before the latter ask to be caught.

He never attempted to catch Scyther, he was looking for it to help Goh catch it.

Regarding Golurk:

So, NO. Ash did not attempt to catch them. It all start from Goh, he was the one who said out loud that he want to catch, he only said that to Ash as an early excuse in case Ash has interest in it.

What blantantly false is the notion that Ash is the one who had the capture initiative. Every pokemons he caught in the series, all of them got caught not because of Ash initiative. Dragonite ask first to be caught, so are Gengar, Lucario, and G.Fetch. Dracovish was suggested by the fossil researcher. Ash never invited them to join his party before they ask it or other people suggested it.

This is the first series like this.
Farfetch’d didn’t ask to be caught. Ash asked Farfetch’d.

MegaSalamence05

That defeats the purpose of a speculation thread. No harm done as long as people aren’t saying these things will happen for sure
My point is that its fair to speculate. I'm just finding all of this Kubfu information a tad convenient at the moment.

Look what happened in the last opening. The adventures of Ash/Goh/Koharu/Leon and it practically led no where. No information related to the Project Mew arc. I'm not trying to sound pessimistic but still tread with caution as it may not fully happen as intended. Tell me I'm wrong here.

Master Pikachu 11

Goh initiate the catching challenge (he literaly challenge Ash on who can catch Gengar first), Ash simply agree to it but did not show catching intent at all, he only look when Goh throw multiple pokeballs and only battle Gengar when it attack Goh/Koharu. Ash is simply being courteous by accepting the challenge because it would be awkward if he refused.

And here is from the episode it got captured:

If Ash really want to catch it, he would have also said "catch" instead of "find" when Goh said "catch". Even if Ash had catching intent on Yamper/Gengar episode, it already eroded into mere battling intent on the actual capture episode.

Never in the episode Ash made a catching attempt before Gengar ask him to.

There are other times in the anime where Ash want to find a pokemon first before Goh, only to battle it instead of catch it, especially strong pokemon (Ash previously admit that the Gengar is strong).
Yes he did, but this is the same episode that Ash told Goh that he wants to battle and catch lots of Pokémon as well, after he told Goh that he has caught a lot of Pokémon and Goh responds that he still has a long way to go. Also in episode 6 Ash goes out of his way to tell Goh that he wants to catch a Scyther as well and they competed for that Pokémon as well.

First of all you have to find a Pokémon to catch it, and after Ash said that he would find it first, Goh responded by saying “no I will” even if Ash doesn’t say that the word catch, it is strongly implied that he will find it and catch it because that is what he wanted based on previous episodes.

Yes he did, but this is the same episode that Ash told Goh that he wants to battle and catch lots of Pokémon as well, after he told Goh that he has caught a lot of Pokémon and Goh responds that he still has a long way to go. Also in episode 6 Ash goes out of his way to tell Goh that he wants to catch a Scyther as well and they competed for that Pokémon as well.

First of all you have to find a Pokémon to catch it, and after Ash said that he would find it first, Goh responded by saying “no I will” even if Ash doesn’t say that the word catch, it is strongly implied that he will find it and catch it because that is what he wanted based on previous episodes.
He did try to compete for Scyther before deciding to cheer for Goh instead.

But my point is not on the pokemon he did not catch. I was talking about Gengar. Ash never ask Gengar to join nor made any attempt to catch it before Gengar ask to be caught.

All Ash's capture in this series revolve around helping pokemon:

He help Dratini to fly and in turn the Dratini evolve into Dragonite and ask to be caught as a result.

He help Gengar escape from TR and Gengar ask to be caught as a result.

He help hatching Riolu and show it the way to battle and Riolu ask to be caught as a result.

He see that G.Fetch want to get stronger so he offer G.Fetch to join his party to help G.Fetch to get stronger. Note that G.Fetch was the one to challenge Ash into battle, not the other way around.

He help revive Dracovish and the fossil researcher gave him Dracovish as a result.

He is no longer the previous gen Ash who want to catch because he want to have the pokemon.

ShadowForce720

But my point is not on the pokemon he did not catch. I was talking about Gengar. Ash never ask Gengar to join nor made any attempt to catch it before Gengar ask to be caught.

He help Dratini to fly and in turn the Dratini evolve into Dragonite and ask to be caught as a result.

He help hatching Riolu and show it the way to battle and Riolu ask to be caught as a result.

He see that G.Fetch want to get stronger so he offer G.Fetch to join his party to help G.Fetch to get stronger. Note that G.Fetch was the one to challenge Ash into battle, not the other way around.

He help revive Dracovish and the fossil researcher gave him Dracovish as a result.

He is no longer the previous gen Ash who want to catch because he want to have the pokemon.
This isn’t true, as if you look at most of Ash’s captures in the past series they chose to join him instead of him specifically trying to go out of there and catch them.

Journeys Ash is the same Ash from previous series that wants to catch Pokémon.

Also Ash wouldn’t offer Galarian Farfetch’d to join his team if he didn’t have an interest in catching it. The fact that Galarian Farfetch’d challenge Ash doesn’t change the fact that it was Ash’s idea for Galarian Farfetch’d to join his team.

Also I’m not why your trying to pretend like this situation is unique to Journeys when if you look at his past teams in previous series they were composed of Pokémon that chose to join him.

Heck in episode 11 he literally said that he wanted to catch more Pokémon. So no, he still wants to catch more Pokémon.

Zariful

Ash hasn't battled to catch a Pokémon since Fletchling. He challenged Hawlucha to a battle on the condition that if he won, Hawlucha would join his team. He accepted Galarian Farfetch'd's battle request and beat it. When he saw that it wanted to keep battling, he then invited it to his team. During the bug hunt, he said yeah I want to catch a Scyther too! When Dragonite implied it wanted to be caught. He said that makes me very happy. He then also said he wanted to catch tons of new Pokémon. When Goh challenged him to the catching contest for Gengar, he agreed to the challenge. After Goh caught Sandile, Ash said he would catch the Woobat that passed by. After being suggested by the researcher to catch Dracovish, Ash said let's be friends insinuating Ash wanted it on his team. Also put into perspective his captures of Rowlet and Litten. Upon realizing Rowlet had a family, he decided against catching Rowlet. But when Rowlet decided with its parents blessing to be caught, Ash caught it. Ash wanted to catch Litten a lot sooner, but ultimately decided to wait until it was in Litten's best interests and had the desire to be caught. Ash definitely still wants Pokémon otherwise when a Pokémon says it wants to be his partner he would just refuse them. It's been like this for a good while. But post Fletchling the Pokémon have been either been invited, they decided to they wanted to be with Ash, or it was suggested/encouraged by another person that he catch them.

Master Pikachu 11

That is because Goh found Scyther first and was already battling it so of course he was going to cheer on Goh because he isn’t like Paul and isn’t going to get in the way of a Friend’s capture. Again you are making the argument that Ash has no interest in capturing Pokémon and with Scyther, he specifically mentions that he has interest in catching Scyther as well, before he accepts that Goh beat him to it first.

Every series has been like that as majority of Ash’s captures revolve around him bonding with Pokémon and them wanting join him, just as ShadowForce has mentioned it is nothing new.

Gengar didn’t want to get caught by anyone and only after he bonded with Ash by battling alongside him, did Gengar allow Ash to catch it. But here are the facts: Ash didn’t throw a poke ball at Gengar because he is not Goh and has told Goh quite a few times that he has to battle a Pokémon to weaken it and then he will have a good chance of capturing a Pokémon, just like the Flygon episode. So I believe that Ash could have done just that by having Pikachu battle Gengar and weaken it to catch it. Plus Ash even suggested to Goh at the end of episode 11 that the next time they both see Gengar they will have another competition, so if he wasn’t interested in catching it then he would have never mentioned that at the end of the episode and would have instead said what he has said about Goh’s other captures that sound like he is cheering him on to catch said Pokémon.

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
I hope they appear Marnie and Bede and Hop if appeared it will be great and Team Yell should debut in the anime as they will make a statement We're here How Dare you leave us behind or forgot about us

Again you are making the argument that Ash has no interest in capturing Pokémon
Again you are taking it out of context. I never made this argument. What I argue is that Ash do not catch simply because he want to have that pokemon. He only catch those who ask to join or those he can help by admit it into his team. It is not about interest in capturing (such as Scyther) but about actual capture.
I am afraid that is not a tease. Ash seems to have lost interest in capturing pokemons. If he were still like OS days, he will definitely attempt to catch it. Now he will only catch pokemon who beg to be caught
Or are you nitpicking me from this post? I clearly mentioned that it is relative to his OS days. There is no denying that he has lost interest compared to that old days. The part in JN when he said he want to catch a lot of pokemons turn out to be empty talk. He let a lot of new generation pokemon passed him without any interest on it.
at the end of episode 11 that the next time they both see Gengar they will have another competition
I already answered this:
If Ash really want to catch it, he would have also said "catch" instead of "find" when Goh said "catch". **Even if Ash had catching intent on Yamper/Gengar episode, it already eroded into mere battling intent on the actual capture episode**.
Furthermore, it was Goh who suggest to capture Gengar, so it wasn't Ash's initiative.
Also I’m not why your trying to pretend like this situation is unique to Journeys when if you look at his past teams in previous series they were composed of Pokémon that chose to join him.
Every early bird captures in past series (excluding Rowlet) was caught via direct throw or battle initiated by Ash. In SM, Ash actively trying convince Litten to join him before Litten allowed him to battle to prove his worth.

This is unique to JN when every pokemon he caught, he did not take the initiative. Dragonite, Gengar, and Riolu literaly ask him to capture them. G.Fetch challenge him to battle. The fossil researcher suggest Ash to catch Dracovish.

Last edited:

ImBeVillain

No more six members
I hope they appear Marnie and Bede and Hop if appeared it will be great and Team Yell should debut in the anime as they will make a statement We're here How Dare you leave us behind or forgot about us
Marnie will probably show up, but at the end of the third season, especially before the World Cup starts.
Without Team Yell fans, it's not even the Sword / Shield vibe.
I predict that she will be in the Master Class rank.

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
Alright i have a doubt. Is the PWC like an actual championship or is it like one tournament that people are part of. Like idk.. i feel there could be some trainers who arent part of the PWC and would be stringer than leon. I am more inclined towards the latter. Its quite confusing
That's a good question though I think that PWC is part of the actual championship i think back in the Dp they used to call that the Champions Cup or league i think after the PWC we will get the arc of the Champions cup or league where ash after losing then he will continue doing the PWC but if he won against Leon then the Champions cup or league will be the next step

Status
Not open for further replies.