• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Decidueye23

It’s still pretty questionable for him to be there imo. Especially when he inadvertently becomes part of goh’s trial.

Is he also part of project mew? If no, then should he even be there in the first place? What point is there in trials and tokens if ash gets whatever benefit there is from project mew just by sticking with goh? What point is there to give tests when someone else can do them? Do they have some kind of shared membership?

Honestly my initial impression is that having ash there feels like it undermines what’s supposed to be ‘goh’s quest’.
Maybe Ash is a member too idk... i feel like ep71 will give us good impression of how Project mew will work overall

Morax

King of heroes
It’s still pretty questionable for him to be there imo. Especially when he inadvertently becomes part of goh’s trial.

Is he also part of project mew? If no, then should he even be there in the first place? What point is there in trials and tokens if ash gets whatever benefit there is from project mew just by sticking with goh? What point is there to give tests when someone else can do them? Do they have some kind of shared membership?

Honestly my initial impression is that having ash there feels like it undermines what’s supposed to be ‘goh’s quest’.
Honestly, ash is a burden on his companions. They don't get enough development because he's always in the spotlight.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
No need to make a fuss about it: Ash is there helping out a friend in need. Not much different than his past companions supporting him in the badge quest, be it for spare battles, giving advice, inspiring or cheering for him during the actual matches

Decidueye23

No need to make a fuss about it: Ash is there helping out a friend in need. Not much different than his past companions supporting him in the badge quest, be it for spare battles, giving advice, inspiring or cheering for him during the actual matches
Idk if it works that way. The thing is Ash's goals or his comapnions goals so far have alwyas been ina confined setting wherein they had to face an opponent themselves. I dony know if we'll get an episode that delibrately nakes Ash sitjust cheering on Goh while they are in the wild, like getting lost in a blizzard. Heck even gary didnt stop infernape from abtrling moltres.

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
Those are all indirect and support stuff though. None of his friends actually directly help with the main part of it, nor does ash for his friends. It’s not like brock would take over fighting when one of ash’s pokemon go down during gym battles. If he fails he fails.

The thing is goh’s ‘activity’ is much larger in scale. His involve actually tracking and exploring, and you don’t expect ash just too help goh prepare and then go along just to cheer him on when he’s in a potentially dangerous situation. Unless tsurugi’s remarks to goh really was goh nearly dying in a blizzard and ash going ‘tough luck man, can’t help you here’.

And for goh, it downplay his achievements if ash involves himself too much in it as well. Like if ash weakens the ninetails before goh catches, Though i don’t think he’d do that one.

Last edited:

ShadowForce720

And yet Goh stated he wouldn't do the same for Ash
He said wasn’t going to specifically be Ash’s rival to constantly push Ash like Kiawe did.

The whole point that Goh was basically making was that he wasn’t going to go out of his way to be Ash’s rival. It was not that he wouldn’t cheer for Ash or there wouldn’t be cases were they could support each other.

For instance Goh would not want Ash to go out of his way and catch Pokémon specifically to give to him with Ash getting nothing in return.

Ash being with Goh when the latter goes on his mission is no different then when Goh cheers on Ash or agrees to spar with him.

MartínK

The idea is that Goh do the trials by himself without any help but seeing how he is terrible at outside activities like climbing, etc i really doubt that he will be able to do it alone

Dragonsoldier77

Bittersweet Satisfaction
For instance Goh would not want Ash to go out of his way and catch Pokémon specifically to give to him with Ash getting nothing in return.

Ash being with Goh when the latter goes on his mission is no different then when Goh cheers on Ash or agrees to spar with him.
But going out of his way to potentially dangerous places for nothing in return is fine?

Coming along to a potentially dangerous expedition is definitely not the same as sparring or traveling to a safe place where goh does his own stuff anyways. The equivalent would be ash helping goh train his survival skills and helping him get the needed equipment ready. Going along and setting their camp for him or more would cross over to direct helping and not indirect help anymore.

DigitalTrainer

Worried about everything
He said wasn’t going to specifically be Ash’s rival to constantly push Ash like Kiawe did.

The whole point that Goh was basically making was that he wasn’t going to go out of his way to be Ash’s rival. It was not that he wouldn’t cheer for Ash or there wouldn’t be cases were they could support each other.

The idea is that Goh do the trials by himself without any help but seeing how he is terrible at outside activities like climbing, etc i really doubt that he will be able to do it alone

Yeah I guess I was being negative with last comment, so that's my bad. I'm just really not all that excited for project Mew, plus I hate how it feels like kinda just drops everything he's doing for Goh.

nickdt

People, even if we get anime related Piplup merch (Which we have gotten since the start of journeys), it doesn't really need to point towards something, because here is the thing: Due to BDSP, Project Piplup is a thing, so they are gonna market the thing too death, alongside the 2 franchise mascots Pikachu and Eevee, just like they did with Eevee when Project Eevee was a thing.

Now, Lana did get an Eevee to correlate with Lets Go, so Dawn is most likely gonna come with Piplup to promote BDSP, however, i wouldn't expect a major role for Piplup until at least late October/Early November.

Crybaby Sobble

S = Sarunori = Satoshi
"We cant have nice things"
As if everyone wasnt jumping over for an Iris return and a hopeful champion ascension and a Gary return and seeing some of Ash's reserves again from all regions for years now or Ash catching Lucario
Journeys has its problems but people here are so freaking toxic, ungrateful and whiny.
I do know that the fandom is toxic and ungrateful but in a series like this, you need to be a fool if you keep your expectations too high!!!
So I don't mind a bit criticism if we are baited or given unlimited fillers!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.