• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red and Blue

People, even if we get anime related Piplup merch (Which we have gotten since the start of journeys), it doesn't really need to point towards something, because here is the thing: Due to BDSP, Project Piplup is a thing, so they are gonna market the thing too death, alongside the 2 franchise mascots Pikachu and Eevee, just like they did with Eevee when Project Eevee was a thing.

Now, Lana did get an Eevee to correlate with Lets Go, so Dawn is most likely gonna come with Piplup to promote BDSP, however, i wouldn't expect a major role for Piplup until at least late October/Early November.
Sinnoh promotion may start earlier than the months you listed. Volkner is coming soon for the PWC

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Ah yes, because a cookbook is totally related to the anime
People, even if we get anime related Piplup merch (Which we have gotten since the start of journeys), it doesn't really need to point towards something, because here is the thing: Due to BDSP, Project Piplup is a thing, so they are gonna market the thing too death, alongside the 2 franchise mascots Pikachu and Eevee, just like they did with Eevee when Project Eevee was a thing.

Now, Lana did get an Eevee to correlate with Lets Go, so Dawn is most likely gonna come with Piplup to promote BDSP, however, i wouldn't expect a major role for Piplup until at least late October/Early November.
People need to stop posting random merch in hopes it means something when 99% of the time it likely literally doesn’t.
Guys I wasn't being serious in that post lol

Ibrahim Saidu

Sinnoh promotion technically already started in 2020, due to Project Piplup and the Piplup merch (And Ash's Lucario).
I really hope Ash gets a Pipulp which would evolve all the way to Empoleon that will complete the Sinnoh starter and he needs an unevolved Pokemon to work with

nickdt

I really hope Ash gets a Pipulp which would evolve all the way to Empoleon that will complete the Sinnoh starter and he needs an unevolved Pokemon to work with

Its literally to late for him to get an unevolved Pokemon, especially if its a starter, a base stage (He can get a middle stage of a three stage line) of a three stage line. He is already in Hyper Class. Its a little unrealistic if an inexperienced base stage gets wins, when all his other mons are already fully evolved (They rushed his evolutions for a reason). Ash isn't getting anymore base stages, especially not from a three stage line. I just think thats not realistic, unless they demote him all the way down to Normal Rank. If they do that, all of the off-screen progress was pointless, so i can't see them doing this either.

Last edited:

RafaSceptile

I do know that the fandom is toxic and ungrateful but in a series like this, you need to be a fool if you keep your expectations too high!!!
So I don't mind a bit criticism if we are baited or given unlimited fillers!!!!
There is a difference between "you should not have high expectations" and "we can't have nice things", especially when one thing that people wanted for so long time was returning old characters and its finally happen.

esquilo09

Either it's some sort of early BDSP promotion as there are Vulpix in Sinnoh, or the Alolan name got trademarked before these Sinnohians Vulpix could evolve. (Then again, regional variants not native in Galar can only be obtained through trades and not in the wild, so unless BDSP don't change that to wild, this will look weird.)
Or maybe it is an A-Ninetales that left its former trainer because he or she didn't meet its expectations, just like Snivy and Greninja when it was a Froakie(Or in Greninja's case, A-Ninetales probably got released for being too disobedient).

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Its literally to late for him to get an unevolved Pokemon, especially if its a starter, a base stage (He can get a middle stage of a three stage line) of a three stage line. He is already in Hyper Class. Its a little unrealistic if an inexperienced base stage gets wins, when all his other mons are already fully evolved (They rushed his evolutions for a reason). Ash isn't getting anymore base stages, especially not from a three stage line. I just think thats not realistic, unless they demote him all the way down to Normal Rank. If they do that, all of the off-screen progress was pointless, so i can't see them doing this either.
No it's not lol
Literally none of the evolutions this series were earned, they've been rushing them left and right. Hell Drizzile's literally been rotting away at the lab yet it looks like we'll have Intelleon soon

It's not too late, they should just give Ash fully evolved Pokemon from this point on however given their desire for rushing them out but I'm more than willing to give Piplup and Kubfu a pass due to them actually promoting stuff(IOA and DP). If they want Ash with Corviknight however just give him a freaking Corviknight, no excuse for him to get a damn Rookidee now and not in the first 20 episodes!

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
Equivalent exchange.

Ash gets to be able to survive all sorts of slapstick in exchange, one of which includes reconstituting himself from dust, in exchange for a strength drain.
I really miss Pre-BW Ash. He used to have a complete different personality which just screamed badass. Climbing & Throwing Logs, Being Completely Reckless and not giving a complete damn about what others think. An Ideal 10 Year Old Boy. However since BW, he just feels like a different Character, SM made it even worst by making him suck in everything not named battling. Like I genuinely think AG Ash would punch Trip's Face to oblivion.

Observer

Mostly watching
I really miss Pre-BW Ash. He used to have a complete different personality which just screamed badass. Climbing & Throwing Logs, Being Completely Reckless and not giving a complete damn about what others think. An Ideal 10 Year Old Boy. However since BW, he just feels like a different Character, SM made it even worst by making him suck in everything not named battling. Like I genuinely think AG Ash would punch Trip's Face to oblivion.

Maybe, but OS Kanto Ash would have; keep in mind that he was going to fight Team Rocket himself without his Pokemon, almost punched Misty in the face if Nurse Joy didn't catch his fist, was ready to throw down with some bullies back in episode 9, and he tried to punch Mewtwo in the first movie.

Season 1 Ash was ready for a fight.

Last edited:

Master Pikachu 11

No it's not lol
Literally none of the evolutions this series were earned, they've been rushing them left and right. Hell Drizzile's literally been rotting away at the lab yet it looks like we'll have Intelleon soon

It's not too late, they should just give Ash fully evolved Pokemon from this point on however given their desire for rushing them out but I'm more than willing to give Piplup and Kubfu a pass due to them actually promoting stuff(IOA and DP). If they want Ash with Corviknight however just give him a freaking Corviknight, no excuse for him to get a damn Rookidee now and not in the first 20 episodes!
Heck I wouldn’t mind if the Rookidee that appeared in the Dracovish episode showed up as a Corvisquire and be the Krookodile of this series.

Status
Not open for further replies.