• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
These mons have been circling awhile. My guesses so far:

Pikachu- ash duh
absol- go duh
Espeon- Chloe and Eevee episode similar to the recent vaporeon one
Umbreon- same as espeon. Maybe through Gary though
Galarian birds- incoming CT arc, prob with project Mew
Eiscue- Ash or Go...honestly I think ash, but I wish it was go because I want ash with Piplup (and eventually Empoleon)
Dreepy- Ash or Go. Honestly could see it either way
Darkrai- Project Mew-related arc. Since they deal with the mythical Mew, maybe they will research other mythicals and legendaries, like how they had an interest in moltres
It is the good theory and prediction. it was spot on . :eek::eek::eek::cool::cool::cool:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

tsunamimijumaru

As cool as Toxtricity would be with Ash, I can't help but feel it would just get overshadowed by Pikachu. He's overshadowed plenty of other mons in the past and none of them were even electric types so would a 2nd one actually get decent treatment? If ash catches tox then I'll be pleasently surprised if he doesn't then I won't be shocked either.

When it comes to Urshifu I have mixed feelings. On the one hand he finally gets a legendary, but then how legendary is it gonna feel when it's making its debut under the ownership of a new character. If he was going to get it I would have preferred he caught it as a 2nd fighting type instead of Sirfetch'd and made its debut under Ash. Also, with both Lucario and Urshifu would Sirfetch'd just not live in their shadows?

While I'm not massively impressed by Eiscue's design I guess it would probably provide some good humor to Ash's team and finally give him another ice type after all this time as Glalie is incredibly underused and underrated. There's a lot of better ice types Ash could get though like G-darmanitan, kinda wish the alolan Nintetails was going to Ash instead since it also gives him another fairy type.

Last edited:

Megapixel

As cool as Toxtricity would be with Ash, I can't help but feel it would just get overshadowed by Pikachu. He's overshadowed plenty of other mons in the past and none of them were even electric types so would a 2nd one actually get decent treatment? If ash catches tox then I'll be pleasently surprised if he doesn't then I won't be shocked either.

When it comes to Urshifu I have mixed feelings. On the one hand he finally gets a legendary, but then how legendary is it gonna feel when it's making its debut under the ownership of a new character. If he was going to get it I would have preferred he caught it as a 2nd fighting type instead of Sirfetch'd and made its debut under Ash. Also, with both Lucario and Urshifu would Sirfetch'd just not live in their shadows?

While I'm not massively impressed by Eiscue's design I guess it would probably provide some good humor to Ash's team and finally give him another ice type after all this time as Glalie is incredibly underused and underrated. There's a lot of better ice types Ash could get though like G-darmanitan, kinda wish the alolan Nintetails was going to Ash instead since it also gives him another fairy type.

I think Sirfetch'd is quite Useful if he learns sharp blade and bold bird, anyway I currently consider Sirfetch'd stronger than Lucario but this one could overcome it if he gets a Mega evolution

esquilo09

I don't do this in a while.

Difference between Pidgeotto and Raticate:

Go's Pidgeotto: Unlike Ash's he simply caught without battling it and he has its pre evolved form too.
Go's Raticate: Unlike Ash's, he caught a wild one, he's permanently keeping it and also has its pre evolved form.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Not because of the logs. They were refering to characterization.

(don't really agree, just clarifying)

Rohanator

Toxtricity is like the only Electric type I don't think the writers would fear overlapping with Pikachu, not only is the design and personality completely different, Satoshi's could just emphasize the poison side more, and even its signature Electric move is nothing like what Pikachu does, even if the type is the same a sound wave attack generated by using your own body as a guitar has a totally different visual appeal to T-bolt or Web.

Twilight-Kun

Pokemon World Champion
Toxtricity is like the only Electric type I don't think the writers would fear overlapping with Pikachu, not only is the design and personality completely different, Satoshi's could just emphasize the poison side more, and even its signature Electric move is nothing like what Pikachu does, even if the type is the same a sound wave attack generated by using your own body as a guitar has a totally different visual appeal to T-bolt or Web.
Pretty sure Toxel would go to Go so Grookey can evolve into Thwacky while making music with it

Watch Ash wind up with Low Amp

Zariful

Plus if they focus on its ability, Toxtricity could use moves like boom burst

Status
Not open for further replies.