• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DuquÊ?

Too lazy to pick a pic
I feel like they can save Dawn until after the release of BD/SP. Of course, they can always have multiple returning big characters which I definitely would not mind, do not think it's plausible though, at least not at the moment.
With a supposed piplup coming soon, I don’t think we’ll see Dawn so soon, or the social media and similar would be doing some promotion like was with Iris, Gary and their voice actors.

About Korrina, well, she was a companion, even if not a permanent one. The same goes for Todd (surprised he didn’t come back, with the new PKM Snap), N and Alexa.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
I am mostly looking forward to a teaser containing possible returning characters.

For the last two intros, they included major characters that were integral to Ash's journey. Even Korrina was somewhat of a travelling companion in Ash's group, so I am hoping that this is also the case this time, and not made to just tease Volkner.

Since we had Alola, followed by a BW Rep, I think that the next big set of returning characters should either be May & Max or Clemont & Bonnie.

I feel like they can save Dawn until after the release of BD/SP. Of course, they can always have multiple returning big characters which I definitely would not mind, do not think it's plausible though, at least not at the moment.
May and Max aren't returning. May has VA issues while Max has no reason to come back unless Norman is in the PWC and will battle Ash in the Hyper Class.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
What an incoherent writting. Can lift a light log but can hold the heavy Cosmoen?

I call it plothole. SM is forever ruined!

DuskAstral

As I said before, it’ll be very disappointing if every eeveelution centered event is a Chloe episode.
In my opinion, it will be fairer if each of the heroes has their own plot that none of the others will interfere in any way. Therefore, it will be frustrating for me if Satoshi breaks a plot that should only belong to Koharu and her Eevee.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
In my opinion, it will be fairer if each of the heroes has their own plot that none of the others will interfere in any way. Therefore, it will be frustrating for me if Satoshi breaks a plot that should only belong to Koharu and her Eevee.
Yeah. If Ash gets an Eeveelution that would likely mean that he would be intruding into Koharu's plot and she would get much less screentime as a result.

Rune Knight

With a supposed piplup coming soon, I don’t think we’ll see Dawn so soon, or the social media and similar would be doing some promotion like was with Iris, Gary and their voice actors.

May and Max aren't returning. May has VA issues while Max has no reason to come back unless Norman is in the PWC and will battle Ash in the Hyper Class.

Well it was just an idea. Thing is that up until now the series has been really good at keeping secrets, so whatever surprises await us will likely still be surprising to say the least.

DuskAstral

I wonder it be Ash’s new team: Regice, Klang, Kubfu, Salamence, Shiny Flygon, Toxtricty, Aggron, Piplup
I don't think he has caught that many Pokémon, and secondly, I hope none of the ones listed here will catch
return of Cassidy and Butch,
I don't see any particular reason why these two would come back. They are not relevant to the plot
Ash’s old mates return
In my opinion, the only ones who have a chance to come back are Dawn, Cilan, Lillie, and Clemont

WaterShuriken

"I..I..Iron Tail, Pikachu."
Calling alola his family is directly undermining his previous relationships. It implies that others aren't as important to him as his "alolan family".

Well first of all, whenever Ash's "Alolan Family" was mentioned it was just referring to Kukui, Burnet, and the Pokémon that lived in the house. (Also Lei, but that was when he returned)

They never used the term when referring to the classmates or other characters. It's obvious that Ash sees his classmates and previous traveling companions as precious friends.

Just because he lived with two people that acted like his parents and were called his family doesn't undermine his previous relationships.

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
It can't be denied that the relation ship he had with his other companions has been nothing short of exceptional but the professor kukui and burnet they were like his sort of his family.

I agree though some of the S&M moments were good though.

I will really was surprised when he won the alola league imo i never imagined that he would win it though

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
True. Which is especially false in Brocks case, since he and Ash are brothers.
It make sense they are family cuz their faces look weird cuz of the artstyle.
In case of the blue fish girl and the elctric kid - their faces are weird regardless of the artstyle

ToyGod

I am on YouTube too!!
As cool as Toxtricity would be with Ash, I can't help but feel it would just get overshadowed by Pikachu. He's overshadowed plenty of other mons in the past and none of them were even electric types so would a 2nd one actually get decent treatment? If ash catches tox then I'll be pleasently surprised if he doesn't then I won't be shocked either.

When it comes to Urshifu I have mixed feelings. On the one hand he finally gets a legendary, but then how legendary is it gonna feel when it's making its debut under the ownership of a new character. If he was going to get it I would have preferred he caught it as a 2nd fighting type instead of Sirfetch'd and made its debut under Ash. Also, with both Lucario and Urshifu would Sirfetch'd just not live in their shadows?

While I'm not massively impressed by Eiscue's design I guess it would probably provide some good humor to Ash's team and finally give him another ice type after all this time as Glalie is incredibly underused and underrated. There's a lot of better ice types Ash could get though like G-darmanitan, kinda wish the alolan Nintetails was going to Ash instead since it also gives him another fairy type.
My Point exactly through all these months. I have literally said this again and again like Doctor Strange asking Dormammu for a bargain. Urshifu coming to the team will just be too big of an overlap. I mean Ash's team is now filled with overlaps, Dracovish and Dragonite, Lucario and Sirfetch'd, if they are keen on overlapping, give him a toxtricity and it will overlpa with gengar for poison and electric for pikachu. Great overlaps. Really want Eiscue or any Ice type on his team now. But please no kubfu

Pikachu111213

Traveler
I wonder it be Ash’s new team: Regice, Klang, Kubfu, Salamence, Shiny Flygon, Toxtricty, Aggron, Piplup or others, return of Cassidy and Butch, Ash’s old mates return, cameo of Leon or any.
Why on earth do you think ash is catching Regice, Klang, Salamence, Aggron...and above all shiny Flygon?

I feel like you’re just guessing he will catch every mon that is coming up and that has not been the case at all with Journeys.

ToyGod

I am on YouTube too!!
Goh captured a Pidgeotto. Now I wonder, if he tries to capture a Pidgeot next, MAYBE we could see the return of Ash's Pidgeot. (I hope so).
Fingers crossed. But the promise to return was only made in the dub not in the japanese original, so technically it is permanently gone like butterfree
The same could be said about Ash's Lapras, and yet we saw him again. Besides, this series has become completely unpredictable, so I expect the unexpected here.
But yet again, this can be true and Ash did use Lapras in a battle, so probably pidgeot return, but I hope it goes to Oak, because we don't need a flyer when we got a dragon tank.
The ONLY pokemon Goh should never ever get is Dunsparce. Thats it.
This series ending should have an extra capture for Ash getting a Dunsparce, a normal type pokemon from gen 2, and we have it journey with Ash to the next gen, where it will be traded to another main lead character who will evolve it and then give it away to a ping pong player
I wonder it be Ash’s new team: Regice, Klang, Kubfu, Salamence, Shiny Flygon, Toxtricty, Aggron, Piplup or others, return of Cassidy and Butch, Ash’s old mates return, cameo of Leon or any.
Whoa, this is too much, even for a fanfic, this is too much. Why would he catch another dragon type and why Shiny Flygon? Cassidy and Butch are long lost cases and Ash's mates returning is the only one that can be seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.