• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rune Knight

E3 has been primarily associated with the video gaming industry. AniPoke has never directly featured at it for as long as I recall. If there's to be any reveal then, it'll be coincidental and definitely from an external source.

I doubt Nintendo themselves care about the anime.

Did you actually think I was referring to anime news?

Decidueye23

E3 has been primarily associated with the video gaming industry. AniPoke has never directly featured at it for as long as I recall. If there's to be any reveal then, it'll be coincidental and definitely from an external source.

I doubt Nintendo themselves care about the anime.

Side note: E3 this year has sucked, only Microsoft's event has been remotely noteworthy. Or maybe it's just my bias because of Forza Horizon 5, Outer Worlds 2 etc.
I guess WFH and the Pandemic really hit the developers this time around

Durrendal

Age has nothing to do with it. Drew had a crush on may, tierno had a thing for serena etc. Ash is dense because that's his archetype: the chaste hero. If he was a 35 year old grown ass man he'd still be the densest object in the universe.
10 year olds aren't very articulate and probably not very intense in love. And in-universe not much time has passed.

Ash is dense probably. But not very far off from a regular 10 yr old kid.

Morax

King of heroes
10 year olds aren't very articulate and probably not very intense in love. And in-universe not much time has passed.

Ash is dense probably. But not very far off from a regular 10 yr old kid.
So you're telling me drew and tierno aren't "regular 10 year old kids"?

It's an anime after all, it doesn't have to reflect real life. This argument always cracks me up. You guys are okay with a 10 y/o kid traveling around the world with a fire breathing dragon in his pocket but shipping is a taboo?

Last edited:

Rune Knight

This IS an anime related forum sub-section.

Well, I mean, you're right in that sense, and I probably did sway from topic. So I apologize for that.

But in my defense, it was mainly hindered to bring joy to the conversation. Plus, there's always the possibility of E3 showcasing material related to Pokémon which could play into the anime.

Durrendal

So you're telling me drew and tierno aren't "regular 10 year old kids"?

It's an anime after all, it doesn't have to reflect real life. This argument always cracks me up. You guys are okay with a 10 y/o kid traveling around the world with a fire breathing dragon in his pocket but shipping is a taboo?
? You're being a bit dramatic aren't you. I didn't say taboo or anything. What are you talking about?

I'm just saying, that's usually how 10yo kids act. Calling a character dense for that is weird. And yes, the other two are the unusual ones.

I do find the concept of shipping 10 year olds a bit weird though. Adults getting into forum fights calling some characters names because they kissed one character and what not feels out of the pale for me.

Morax

King of heroes
? You're being a bit dramatic aren't you. I didn't say taboo or anything. What are you talking about?

I'm just saying, that's usually how 10yo kids act. Calling a character dense for that is weird. And yes, the other two are the unusual ones.

I do find the concept of shipping 10 year olds a bit weird though. Adults getting into forum fights calling some characters names because they kissed one character and what not feels out of the pale for me.
And i'm telling you Ash is dense because that's a trope, not because he's a kid. Anime is not governed by irl rules and regulations.

This "10 year old kid" has fought terrorist organisations with his electric rodent who can shoot lighting out of his ass. And you find shipping weird?

ToyGod

I am on YouTube too!!
all im hoping for in the new opening is a spoiler for OG Larvitar/Tyranitar going to Ash
You mean going to Goh?
Don't worry, serena will appear to kiss Goh
Exactly and Ash is going to cheer her do that to him. He allows cheaters, that's why he let Tobias win.
I would really rather the Alolan Ninetales be for Ash, so Ash can have another ice Type (besides Glalie) and a Fairy Type. Well, let's hope better luck in next spoilers.
It is heavily implied that it will 'GOH' to another trainer.

Durrendal

This "10 year old kid" has fought terrorist organisations with his electric rodent who can shoot lighting out of his ass. And you find shipping weird?
Yes. The electric rodent bit is done by an anime character.

The shipping is done by adult audiences.

Amour was created by shukichi kanda, a producer for the pokemon anime. Writers took it a step forward and gave us a kiss. How can you blame the audience for that?
That is my problem with the antiamour, they say that this ship is overrated etc etc but they do not realize that it is the only ship promoted for more than 3 years in the anime of the highest-grossing media franchise. You can't blame the audience for something the producers, directors, and writers did. They created that "monster"

Morax

King of heroes
That is my problem with the antiamour, they say that this ship is overrated etc etc but they do not realize that it is the only ship promoted for more than 3 years in the anime of the highest-grossing media franchise. You can't blame the audience for something the producers, directors, and writers did. They created that "monster"
What's antiamour?

Status
Not open for further replies.