• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Morax

King of heroes
I know what shipping is. But I've never been involved in any.

No, my point is almost all characters being shipped are adults. These are 10yo children. Pokémon company shipping kids isn't right, to me. Just because they did it doesn't mean it's right. Both audience and Pokémon company have 'right' to do it. But I'm saying it feels ick to me.
It's just fiction bro.
I feel fishman island, punk hazard were meh. Dressrosa was too too long and dragged on. WCI and Wano are goood. Real good.
I was talking pre-timeskip. tbqh everything after marineford has been low quality compared to it. Oda blew his load too early.

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
Pokémon is one of the few series where I am not really invested in Ships. I do think things like Goh/Ash, Pokeshipping, Pearlshipping Amourshipping, and Rocketshipping are really cute (especially in Fanart) but nothing has become OTP material for me yet

Closest thing was Pearlshipping but I wasn't really immersed in the Fandom at that time

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
I know what shipping is. But I've never been involved in any.

No, my point is almost all characters being shipped are adults. These are 10yo children. Pokémon company shipping kids isn't right, to me. Just because they did it doesn't mean it's right. Both audience and Pokémon company have 'right' to do it. But I'm saying it feels ick to me.
There's nothing wrong with shipping, or ships themselves. The problem arises with obsession and stan behavior (regardless of creator or user/observer), especially if it meanders into the creepier or R34 territories. You finding "shipping 10 y/o" ick is your subjective issue, probably clouded by what I said in the latter half of the previous sentence. If you'd look at it from an untainted lens and you'll probably find it innocent and sweet.

Mr. Reloaded

Cause a pirate is free
So now the discussion has gone fronm pokemon to another anime

What are we supposed to talk about?

You must not have been here pre Grookey lmao.

Mythical-Moonlight

I do find the concept of shipping 10 year olds a bit weird though. Adults getting into forum fights calling some characters names because they kissed one character and what not feels out of the pale for me.
If you think that's weird wait until I tell you about how people ship Pokemon together.

And even sometimes with Humans (Goh x Cinderace is a thing and it is Hellish)

With that said, Goh's Heracross and Pinsir are the true OTP of Journeys :p

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
C
in the last weeks not to come out very relevant or interesting information, even the corocoro itself that many expected was somewhat disappointing this month,I wonder if they are hiding something or who knows
CoroCoro revealed anything?

karanova-1

Mewtwo3214
in the last weeks not to come out very relevant or interesting information, even the corocoro itself that many expected was somewhat disappointing this month,I wonder if they are hiding something or who knows
I wonder though but that can be the case What we had expected nothing has come but lets see if we get some information this week or in the preview in the near future

Mythical-Moonlight

Here's a Topic for you all.

Which Galar Pokemon aside from Cinderace do you think would qualify as "Shillmon"?

Like in Gen 6 we had Greninja but we also had Sylveon and to a lesser extent Braixen and Dennede

Gen 7 had Incineroar, Lycanroc, Mimikyu and to a lesser extent Rowlet

Gen 1 had Charizard, Pikachu, Eevee, Gengar, Dragonite, and to a lesser extent Bulbasaur and Squirtle

Gen 2 had Pichu and Wobbufett and to a lesser extent Meganium

Gen 3 had Sceptile and Blaziken and to a lesser extent Gardevoir and Ludicolo

Gen 4 had Lucario, Infernape, and Piplup

Gen 5 had..... Uh...... What did Gen 5 have?

While Cinderace is undeniably THE Gen 8 Shillmon, I think Sirfetch'd, Dracovish, and Inteleon might also qualify to some extent

Last edited:

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3

Which Galar Pokemon aside from Cinderace do you think would qualify as "Shillmon"?

Like in Gen 6 we had Greninja but we also had Sylveon and to a lesser extent Braixen and Dennede

Gen 2 had Pichu and Wobbufett

Axew for gen5?

Gen 1 had Charizard, Pikachu, Eevee, Gengar, Dragonite, and to a lesser extent Bulbasaur and Squirtle

Gen 2 had Pichu and Wobbufett

Gen 5... I think it was Haxorus but let's not talk about that best wishes version.

RileyXY1

Young Battle Trainer
Okay, what can you think of a What if scenario where Ash actually caught a Hatenna in a debut Episode?
I can't. It's too associated with Bede for Ash to get, and I only see him getting one if Bede doesn't show up at all, same with Grimmsnarl and Marnie.

Status
Not open for further replies.