• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think they also TRIED to make Zoroak into one of these.

Emphasizing on TRIED
Oh right. Zoroak was almost a shillmon.

they failed to turn Zoroak into a Shillmon so after all

Meanwhile on a separate unrelated topic:
Musashi said that She could study English in a Japanese version of a Sinnoh Episode of Pokemon, Is Language Barrier possible in Pokemon World... Satoshi speaks Japanese while Non-Japanese Region Characters speaks either American, French, Hawaiian, English respectively for Unova, Kalos, Alola, Galar.

So I wonder why Language Barrier was avoided altogether in Pokemon World?

Decidueye23

More G. Ponyta merch
E3473iEWYAI5tnj
At this point g-ponyta shows up in nearly every merch but only shows up once during the avtual show.

Dynamic_Fusion

HIKARI HYPE
Still nothing about the supposed new opening...
If it was a truly a "New" Opening (with new lyrics) then it would have been announced by now same thing with New Ending. We will have a new version of "1 2 3" this week I still believe. The 3rd Version was only announced a day before.
We'll see about that ;)

"Ash will never win a league" - and here we are
I think Anime has incredibly changed direction since XY even though XY itself just ended 5 Years Ago which many people are not taking into account. The Satoshi in PM does not have the general qualities in XY for which he inspired everyone with. We still see blimps of those qualities here and there but they are barely touched upon. In XY, he was a leading character who was popular with his companions and girls while in SM & PM his personality is much more closer to a 10-Year Old Kid in our own universe. In PM, he sometimes even takes a backseat in focus.

It is completely fine to expect Serena to return, I do as well but if you are expecting some sort of SAO-esque Romantic Closure to the Story with them you are hoping for too much. Pokemon is a Corporate Series which does not care about closure. Heck it is not just Serena, it is similar to how all other companions have basically been written out. Serena is equivalent to other companions in that regard.

Last edited:

nickdt

Here's a Topic for you all.

Which Galar Pokemon aside from Cinderace do you think would qualify as "Shillmon"?

Like in Gen 6 we had Greninja but we also had Sylveon and to a lesser extent Braixen and Dennede

Gen 7 had Incineroar, Lycanroc, Mimikyu and to a lesser extent Rowlet

Gen 1 had Charizard, Pikachu, Eevee, Gengar, Dragonite, and to a lesser extent Bulbasaur and Squirtle

Gen 2 had Pichu and Wobbufett and to a lesser extent Meganium

Gen 3 had Sceptile and Blaziken and to a lesser extent Gardevoir and Ludicolo

Gen 4 had Lucario, Infernape, and Piplup

Gen 5 had..... Uh...... What did Gen 5 have?

None of the gen 8 will qualify as a shillmon, since we don't see enough of them. However, it would be Cinderace, Corviknight and Inteleon, because of popularity alone most likely.

Next to Lucario, Infernape and Piplup, we also have Electivire.

Gen 5 had Krookodile, Pignite and Excadrill as well. Maybe Pansage if we count that one, altough Pansage took more off a backset after Dwebble evolved into Crustle, since Crustle was more treated as Cilans powerhouse.

I don't think Greninja would qualify as a shillmon perse, because Talonflame got the most focus out of the Kalos squad before Greninja was even a thing (And even after, got its chances to shine against Wulfric, Sawyer and Alain, since it didn't go down without taking a mon with it). So Talonflame and Greninja were both shillmons. I don't really see Dedenne as a shillmon either. It didn't do anything and was just there to be Bonnies lappokemon. If we need to choose another chillmon, its most likely Inkay.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?

Which Galar Pokemon aside from Cinderace do you think would qualify as "Shillmon"?

Like in Gen 6 we had Greninja but we also had Sylveon and to a lesser extent Braixen and Dennede

Gen 1 had Charizard, Pikachu, Eevee, Gengar, Dragonite, and to a lesser extent Bulbasaur and Squirtle

While Cinderace is undeniably THE Gen 8 Shillmon, I think Sirfetch'd, Dracovish, and Inteleon might also qualify to some extent

For Gen8 you're forgetting Galarian Ponyta.

I mean a good shillmon should at least have a mascot-suit appear in some kids show. I recall that during Gen5 the sunday morning Pokémon kids show had a Oshawott and Zoroark mascot hopping around the set.

Gen1: Pikachu, Eevee, Charizard. Dragonite and Gengar don't even come close.
Gen2: Pichu, Togepi. Don't know why you'd bring up Meganium.
Gen3: Plusle/Minun. Nothing else really stands out.
Gen4: Piplup, Lucario. Infernape was utilized heavily in the animé, but I wouldn't call it a shillmon.
Gen5: Oshawott, Axew and Zorua/Zoroark.
Gen6: Greninja, Greninja, Ash-Greninja.
Gen7: Lycanroc, Mimikyu.
Gen8: Cinderace, Galarian Ponyta

Mythical-Moonlight

I just ran, I ran all Night and Day ~
For Gen8 you're forgetting Galarian Ponyta.

I mean a good shillmon should at least have a mascot-suit appear in some kids show. I recall that during Gen5 the sunday morning Pokémon kids show had a Oshawott and Zoroark mascot hopping around the set.

Gen1: Pikachu, Eevee, Charizard. Dragonite and Gengar don't even come close.
Gen2: Pichu, Togepi. Don't know why you'd bring up Meganium.
Gen3: Plusle/Minun. Nothing else really stands out.
Gen4: Piplup, Lucario. Infernape was utilized heavily in the animé, but I wouldn't call it a shillmon.
Gen5: Oshawott, Axew and Zorua/Zoroark.
Gen6: Greninja, Greninja, Ash-Greninja.
Gen7: Lycanroc, Mimikyu.
Gen8: Cinderace, Galarian Ponyta
I brought up Meganium because it had by far the most appearances out of any Johto Starter throughout the franchise. Also Pokemon Snap.

Blaziken and Sceptile were undeniably shillmons tho. Gardevoir too somewhat in recent times

While Cinderace is undeniably THE Gen 8 Shillmon, I think Sirfetch'd, Dracovish, and Inteleon might also qualify to some extent
What’s a shillmon? Gen 5 is Oshawott

Musashi said that She could study English in a Japanese version of a Sinnoh Episode of Pokemon, Is Language Barrier possible in Pokemon World... Satoshi speaks Japanese while Non-Japanese Region Characters speaks either American, French, Hawaiian, English respectively for Unova, Kalos, Alola, Galar.

So I wonder why Language Barrier was avoided altogether in Pokemon World?
Remember what I say about it?
Well, Is There a Language Barrier in Pokemon Universe? has it been Confirmed at all?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.
Ahhh are you one of those people who hate on series coz they are popular and mainstream? Lol. Say what you will about the ending but s3 and s4p1 absolutely deserved the hype they got. It actually dove deep into character arcs and plotlines and did it perfectly upto
Hange's death
I’m a One Piece fan which is the definition of popular and mainstream m8 lmao. I never liked the series cause I found it to be extremely boring and average as a series.

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
I brought up Meganium because it had by far the most appearances out of any Johto Starter throughout the franchise. Also Pokemon Snap.

Blaziken and Sceptile were undeniably shillmons tho. Gardevoir too somewhat in recent times

Key phrase: recent times. You used the past tense in your original post. Yes, Meganium in the end had the most appearances of the Johto starters, heck Typhlosion didn't even appear if you don't count Legend of Thunder.. but in no way did Meganium appear enough for me to consider it a shillmon. New Pokemon Snap obviously wasn't a thing yet.

I think Suicune could qualify as a shillmon, even during Johto OS. I could see where you're coming from with Blaziken. Gardevoir was wholly ignored during Hoenn. I don't even know who had a member of the Ralts-line in AG.

Status
Not open for further replies.