• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
In the games (at least the Unova ones that I remember) there are some NPCs who speak others languages, like French and Spanish, so... yeah, I think yes.
In my Headcanon: Ash Ketchum or Satoshi in Japanese version speaks Japanese but he learned American English, French, Hawaiian and British English for unknown reason, maybe through language books?
I wonder if Serena is also from Kanto Region and speaks Japanese much like Ash Ketchum or Satoshi.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
Goh's best pokémon is still good old 'Ace. That bunny is fun. Shame it's been so unfocused lately...

Master Pikachu 11

My wishlist for Goh's best from each region:

Kanto: Hitmonchan, Arcanine, Nidoqueen, Articuno
Johto: Scizor, Suicune, Heracross
Hoenn: Absol, Flygon, Latios
Sinnoh: Dusknoir, Magmortar, Drapion
Unova: Golurk, Zoroark, Volcarona
Kalos: Aurorus, Gogoat
Alola: Ninetales, Oranguru, Celesteela
Galar: Fully evolved starters and Arctozolt
It’s Cinderrace that is his best Pokémon
Goh catches an Eevee and evolves it?
No it will probably be another Chloe and Eevee episode.

I am surprised that there were no leaks for this weeks episode, maybe nothing besides Ninetales capture happens in this episode.

divinepokemonXZ

ALL HAIL THE GORILLA-FROG!
I remember you had a kanna avatar sitting in a police car ... could you pass me that gif?

tenor.gif

Does anybody remember seeing a gif of a smiling guy pointing a gun at a boy's face in this forum? I feel like I know what anime it's from, but I don't know for sure what it was called.

Personally, I think they tried to set up Zeraora as a shillmon too, but they failed.

Zeraora is too ugly for me. It would have benefitted from a different colour scheme, and possibly from being a quadruped.

Zoruagible

Lover of underrated characters
Personally, I think they tried to set up Zeraora as a shillmon too, but they failed.
Let me guess cause it 'looks like Lucario'? :rolleyes:
Zoroark was a flop, they were just trying to cash in on Lucario's popularity and failed. (Locking the species behind a freaking gen 4 exclusive event for BW 1 probably didn't do the line much favors either. Zorua's always been one of my favorites but I've never much cared for Zoroark at all)

They've just finally ditched the 'small and cute' factor of Mythical and gone back to releasing awesome ones like Darkrai and Genesect and I'm all for it! More Pokemon with designs like Marshadow, Zeraora, Melmetal, and Zarude please, I love Mew, Victini and Meloetta but the trend of them being majorly 'small/cute' got old. Especially in regards to movie roles

Also they tried to push Zorua in the anime, they introduced that film guy. Zeraora was only in the Guzzlord arc, a fate for most mythicals unless you're named Celebi(#GreenPrivilege). Apart from the PMD Celebi, I'm ****ing done with the species! Manaphy, Victini, Keldeo, Genesect, Marshadow.... they all still need roles. But nah let's introduce yet another Celebi, screw the rest of them let's just recycle the same episode idea and not use a single juice of creativeness! :mad:

Morax

King of heroes
I do as well but if you are expecting some sort of SAO-esque Romantic Closure to the Story with them you are hoping for too much. Pokemon is a Corporate Series which does not care about closure
There you go again, this is the same anime that refused to let him win a league for 20 years. And now he's participating in a world tournament, where all of his companions and rivals are returning left and right with continuity as precise as a needle. If you're still stuck in that "it's a corporate money-making-machine that doesn't care about its characters and audience" mindset then you're blind to all the changes.

U.N. Owen

In Brightest Day, In Blackest Night ...
Remember what I say about it?
Well, Is There a Language Barrier in Pokemon Universe? has it been Confirmed at all?
If it's worth anything, we've had multiple writing systems in this anime. https://www.pocketmonsters.net/content/Anime_Language

This could mean there is a language barrier or the anime team is inefficient that they put way too much effort into what is new writing system and waste time and energy in "denihonizing" the series.

Rune Knight

This might be a little off-topic, but I did feel like it is interesting enough to share regarding the current conversation. In Jojo, people have often speculated upon what language the characters use to communicate with one another since they are of different nationalities, and have come up with pretty decent answers.

Part 1 - English
Part 2 - English
Part 3 - English
Part 4 - Japanese
Part 5 - Italian
Part 6 - English
Part 7- English
Part 8 - Japanese

This has also intrigued me when thinking about the Pokémon world, since the regions are based on locations set in different countries.

By the way this is just a fun theory and not meant to be taken seriously.

Since the most common language in our world is English, it would not be too crazy to assume that this same rule would apply to Pokémon. So my guess is that throughout OG to DP, they speak Japanese since those regions are set in Japan. In BW and SM, they communicate in English, since Unova and Alola are based on New York and Hawaii respectively. In XY, they also communicate in English, since the main characters aside from Ash are French but need to talk to him in some way. In JN, they mostly speak Japanese but switch to English when they go to international regions.

Since English is taught in many schools around the world, it would not be too farfetched to also think that the characters would learn the language from a young age.

Of course, we as the audience are interpreting them in the language that we decide to watch it in.

I know that it is just an anime, and we're probably not meant to look far into it, but this is fun for me and I don't really think that it hurts the overall flow of the series. It is most likely that they all just speak the same language.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.