• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
It's too early for the "new" opening. We still haven't got the episodes for Korrina and Sonia, and yet they are shown along with the others in the returns section.
I think that shot was just showing off characters who already appeared. I certainly never took it as Sonia and Korrina returning (though I wouldn’t be surprised at either returning, especially Korrina if ashs Lucario is indeed going to mega evolve)

Blue Saturday

Violet Prince❤️
Still can’t believe all that promotion and hype around Goukazaru and lab Pokémon and it was just for that one episode. I didn’t even need the WHOLE reserve system but bringing back Goukazaru or better yet, any unevolved/under developed SatoshiMon for growth and development for PM would have been a nice thing. Not unlike Satoshi bringing Gomazou back for the Battle Frontier arc.

Barrierd’s usage was really good.
Buuuuuutt, I hate complaining. The silver lining is if merchandise is any indication Mega Lucario and Gengar focus are coming. Even if I’m bored of M-Lucario and feel they used up all of its “story” through Corni any development is better than off-screened development or no screentime at all. Glad Magical Shine/Dazzling Gleam seem to be true. Just hoping it’s not an offscreenland addition.

Last edited:

desdar300

Still can’t believe all that promotion and hype around Goukazaru and lab Pokémon and it was just for that one episode. I didn’t even need the WHOLE reserve system but bringing back Goukazaru or better yet, any unevolved/under developed SatoshiMon for growth and development for PM would have been a nice thing. Not unlike Satoshi bringing Gomazou back for the Battle Frontier arc.

Barrierd’s usage was really good.
Buuuuuutt, I hate complaining. The silver lining is if merchandise is any indication Mega Lucario and Gengar focus are coming. Even if I’m bored of M-Lucario and feel they used up all of its “story” through Corni any development is better than off-screened development or no screentime at all. Glad Magical Shine/Dazzling Gleam seem to be true. Just hoping it’s not an offscreenland addition.
I think allowing him to use his older Pokemon would make up for them not really allowing him to get many newer ones while also keeping things somewhat consistent with Go.
However it would seem that they want to use his current team throughout the tournament unless Masters proves otherwise

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Well nothing out of the ordinary here

Galar Starters, Pikachu, and even more Lucario shilling.

Only thing I don't know is whether Rillaboom is Goh's or not
Due to the absence of grookey, I’m inclined to say yes. But that’s shocking. Seems like this will be like Goodra in the sense that the middle stage will be around for like one episode

This prefectly summarizes the entire Tomiyasu era so far imo.
That's I Wish for Pokemon Journeys to be back to Old Formula but I'm indifferent from New Formula myself.

if James got a Morpeko, Then We can have old formula back well as Pokemon now re-available on American TV Format, after all, I'm not a huge fan of the retcons myself but that's not gonna happen because The new Writers hardly bring back old Formula.

Megapixel

That's I Wish for Pokemon Journeys to be back to Old Formula but I'm indifferent from New Formula myself.

if James got a Morpeko, Then We can have old formula back well as Pokemon now re-available on American TV Format, after all, I'm not a huge fan of the retcons myself but that's not gonna happen because The new Writers hardly bring back old Formula.
If they go back to the old formula, let it be with a new protagonist, make Ash Do that Again After winning a league and reaching as high as he is now, it would be a colossal setback in his character

If they go back to the old formula, let it be with a new protagonist, make Ash Do that Again After winning a league and reaching as high as he is now, it would be a colossal setback in his character
I Agree, not that until Alola league changed Ash to be a champion rather than Losing there but do you feel if they continued the "Ash Loses" Thing in Alola Region? I would be very happy but what about Journeys? do they have reason to exist if Ash lost the Alola League?

PsychoLogical

Black and White, Yin and Yang, Light and Dark.

We’re never going back to the old formula anyways. It’s essentially mission impossible and would be regressive after having Ash winning the Alola League and the other stuff about it.
I Agree, not that until Alola league changed Ash to be a champion rather than Losing there but do you feel if they continued the "Ash Loses" Thing in Alola Region? I would be very happy but what about Journeys? do they have reason to exist if Ash lost the Alola League?
And yes cause of the usual new region crap.

Status
Not open for further replies.