• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

janejane6178

Kaleido Star FOREVER in my heart <3
What r the chances wr r having a new opening tomorrow?

MartínK

It's interesting seeing how we still don't know what Grookey's moveset looks like.

I wonder what prompted it to evolve

There is a pattern with Goh starters:

Scorbunny: Quick Attack and Double Kick, evolves and learned Ember and Blaze Kick thanks to his determination to battle, evolves into Cinderace and replace Ember for Pyro Ball

Sobble: Pound and Water Gun, evolves and learned U-turn

So i don't think they gonna show a full moveset with Grookey

We’re never going back to the old formula anyways. It’s essentially mission impossible and would be regressive after having Ash winning the Alola League and the other stuff about it.

And yes cause of the usual new region crap.
I'd be okay with Ash losing the Alola League if they continued the "Ash Losing the League" formula, after all, that is a what if scenario.

Durrendal

As per the interview posted some time ago, ash will be more invincible in future and will be facing stronger opponents than ever. I wonder who will be those, galar trainers or previous characters ash never defeated?
Goh as new PWC champion with his father/boss Giovanni

desdar300

I'd still rather have it then the boring old formula because this has the chance to be bettered and expanded on and has more twists and turns compared to the old one, where even if it was brilliantly written would just become boring considering it feels so stagnant

Thank god we didn't have another badge quest, and instead had a more expansive worldwide arching goal for Ash as natural stepping stone in his adventure then being stagnant in another badge quest. The angle of galar league being more competitive doesn't really makes sense to me and would still be the same old. I love they went with the concept of PWC even if it's execution hasn't been good since they can easily improve on that

This is so disingenuous. Sure we may still have those fillers and Ash still battles but literally so much has changed esp regarding the dynamics of the anime. You would never have him catching old gen mons, esp something as big as a Dragonite for his first capture. You would never have this much continuity in the old formula esp with the world tour formula helping bringing back old characters. You would never have a chance of him battling old characters like he does here and a chance to actually expand in his goal. Just because the execution hasn't been good doesn't mean nothings changed, that's just ridiculous
I would agree with the PWC take but we're in the Hyper class and after that it's Masters.
They're gonna need a good- strong finish if they wanna overwrite how it's been handled so far.
This new angle has allowed the series to indulge in fanservice galore but everything else feels rather middling IMO.

Eddieursa

Marsh Trainer
Well, we finally have a new episode tomorrow. Like I said before, Goh can have both (Falinks and Eiscue) as far as I see. However, even if it's a little repetitive, it would work too if Ash gets Falinks and Goh gets Eiscue.

Eiscue for Ash will definitely not work. There are better Ice Types for Ash. And if we talk about "Pokemon Penguins", having his own Piplup/Prinplup/Empoleon would be better for Ash.

RafaSceptile

You know what all the Eiscue hate is reminding me of? The dracovish hate. And y'all know what happened with him :p
#EiscueForAsh2021
I'm getting behind this, I'd love the penguin to go to Ash even if it's unlikely. I like when he gets weird mons and I want galar mons for him, so let's do this! Also last time Ash caught a Mon was after 2 weeks break in a Galar episode about 2 galar mons....just saying
Hopefully.

#EiscueForAsh2021
I support this fully
I wish to all of you guys a very pleasant Ash capture
#EiscueForAsh2021

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Well, we finally have a new episode tomorrow. Like I said before, Goh can have both (Falinks and Eiscue) as far as I see. However, even if it's a little repetitive, it would work too if Ash gets Falinks and Goh gets Eiscue.

Eiscue for Ash will definitely not work. There are better Ice Types for Ash. And if we talk about "Pokemon Penguins", having his own Piplup/Prinplup/Empoleon would be better for Ash.
I’d rather Eiscue than his 373904737903848397th fighting type

Kungfu-Bear

Damn this is really the "Season of Legendaries" huh?
The writers seem to believe that for a story to be interesting it's absolutely necessary to put one or more Legendary/Mythicals each month.
That's one of the things that bothers me the most this season because I think it trivializes the most powerful and rare creatures in the world way too much (and I'm not even talking about catching them :rolleyes:), although it's something that's been happening since Sun & Moon I guess...

Status
Not open for further replies.