• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

DigitalTrainer

Worried about everything
When is end of PM2019, Ash will leave Goh & Chloe and catch some more Pokémon including old Gen 1-8 and Gen 9 on his own, in order to competed captured and the end of Pokémon series.
Ash is not gonna catch'em all. He could catch another handful of Pokemon from those regions, but not all of them. He's definitely not getting any Uber Legendaries, except maybe Zacian and Mewtwo

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
Ash is not gonna catch'em all. He could catch another handful of Pokemon from those regions, but not all of them. He definitely getting any Uber Legendaries, except maybe Zacian and Mewtwo

IF we're talking higher tier legendaries, I think Ho-oh and Solgaleo (nebby) have better chances than mewtwo, Zacian i can agree with.

Megapixel

I just came up with an interesting idea, that after ash beats lionel (if he does), he goes looking for the legendary/singular to fight them, now not out of duty but as a challenge (to say he caught them is too much ) but it would be interesting to see ash fight with lugia, ho-oh and others as a kind of fairly complete time challenge

nuzamaki90

Honestly? I find it kinda unbelievable Satoshi will win the PWC with his current team. Not saying that his current pokemon arent strong, but without his reserves it feels less accomplished. If he for example would beat Paul without Infernape or any reserves, it would feel wrong...
Maybe if the focus on the PWC or just more battles in general is put on turbo from here going forward, but as of right now his team is too underdeveloped. They don’t interact with each other, their personalities are all nice but rarely ever get to show it. And in terms of battles they are all consistently strong but we don’t get to see them in action enough.

Can you believe people used to think Ash having a Lucario would somehow take away screen time from the rest of his Pokémon. Boy did the writers completely shut that idea down lol

Master Pikachu 11

I don't think Ash will win the PWC.

I think he will defeat Leon, but Leon will be defeated by the gen 9 champion before he can face Ash. Yes, this eliminates Leon as a threat, but it also makes the gen 9 champion the main threat and sets him up (Since Leon will pretty much be old news by the time gen 9 rolls around).
This will definitely not happen, the goal for Ash this series is to battle and defeat Leon, to have Leon get defeated by the Gen 9 champion would just undo every progress that was made in this series and pretty much make Ash’s goal even more pointless.
Actually, the nature of Pokémon Journeys allows for Goh to stay around for more than one saga. True, his first Pokémon was a Gen VIII one, and he has caught all of the Galar starters, but in every series, the current gen's starters end up on the main cast. Goh catching all of the Galar starters is not only in line with his goal of catching every Pokémon, but also leaves more room on Ash's team for the writers to appease to the fanbase other Pokémon.

Unless 1) Goh decides to quit being Director Cerise's research fellow in order to focus all of his attention on Project Mew and/or 2) Ash decides to quit being a research fellow in order to pursue something else or leave Kanto for another region, then there really isn't reason for Goh not to stick around for another saga.
Right now you are basing on the assumption that they should just add another region to the current series. The problem is despite Goh’s goal of catching all Pokémon, to suggest that he should just leave his Gen 8 starters at the lab and use the Gen 9 starters would not be right. Cinderrace is the Pikachu of Goh’s team. It is his go to Pokémon whenever he needs to battle or catch Pokémon when his throwing poke balls don’t work. It would be like May and Dawn leaving Blaziken and Piplup at their home with their parents and then using another Gen starter in their place when performing in contests. That just would not work, nor feel right for someone like Goh to do, If Goh had Eevee as his stater instead of the bunny then yeah he could potentially stick around past this series, but that is not the case. I still expect the resolution of Goh and Mew to be settled by the end of series and to pursue being a Pokémon Professor as his new goal, I also expect. Ash to move on from being a research fellow and do something else.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
I don’t think Cinderace is a sign against Goh staying (look at Brock leaving his Onix after OS) but I do think that they would’ve given him Eevee as a starter to fully sell the idea that he’s going to be an equal mainstay for the anime as it has become a mascot on Pikachu’s level and the possibilities of there being 10 other Eeveelutions could keep him around for a long time. I’m waiting for Project Mew to develop to have a “full” opinion on his future

Master Pikachu 11

I don’t think Cinderace is a sign against Goh staying (look at Brock leaving his Onix after OS) but I do think that they would’ve given him Eevee as a starter to fully sell the idea that he’s going to be an equal mainstay for the anime as it has become a mascot on Pikachu’s level and the possibilities of there being 10 other Eeveelutions could keep him around for a long time. I’m waiting for Project Mew to develop to have a “full” opinion on his future
Cinderrace is a starter Pokémon it gets different treatment compared to non starter Pokémon like Onix.

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Cinderrace is a starter Pokémon it gets different treatment compared to non starter Pokémon like Onix.
That’s not the point. Cinderace being a starter only matters for now where it’s at the apex of its popularity. In a hypothetical situation where Go is going to Gen 9’s series/region, he isn’t obligated to keep it or it could be in a situation like Ash’s Kanto starters in Johto where they stayed until they were phased out for other Pokémon. Being a starter doesn’t guarantee you get better treatment either otherwise Charizard & Greninja would’ve been back. Getting different treatment as a starter doesn’t save you from being replaced by the next set of new Pokémon .

DuskAstral

This will definitely not happen, the goal for Ash this series is to battle and defeat Leon, to have Leon get defeated by the Gen 9 champion would just undo every progress that was made in this series and pretty much make Ash’s goal even more pointless.
And I think it can happen. Satoshi is not the only one who wants to beat the World Champion, so the possibility of someone getting ahead of him exists.

Spider-Phoenix

#ChespinGang
I don't get how Cinderace being Goh's means without a doubt he won't be staying further when with how Cinderace story has been setup they could easily have Goh release him to take care of some mons or something and begin the next series anew with a gen 9 Mon
I think the major concrete evidence is that they seem to have set up an endgame for him with Sonia and that project mew is one week
But using the Cinderace reason is lame as hell and a weak reasoning to be so close minded that everyone who's saying he might stay are wrong
Don't even need that since the Raboot farewell fake out episode kind of showed he wants to be with Goh.

We are talking about the bunny who went a long way just to reach Goh and become his pokémon and then stick with him even after the initial refusal.

The current setup leads me to believe that if, for some reason, Goh needs to be send off to gen9 region with Ash and not be allowed to use his previous critters, they'll just have Cinderace become the Bulbasaur of Cerize lab. We get a believable way of having him not be around Goh and double down on the whole gimmick of Ash and Goh mirroring each other.

BlazingAsh

They could easily let Goh catch the next gen starters when the next gen game arrives.
But I think they'll do another soft reboot as Ash will be done with the PWC and battling Leon can't be his goal forever.

AxelJade

Whenever the anime decides to do complete reboot with all new characters, I hope they do it only after they have made Ash battle all the regions' Elite four and champions.
Not likely to happen in our lifetimes, dude. The whole reason the anime hasn't done that yet already is because Ash is marketable. People recognize Ash as THE Pokémon Trainer. So it doesn't matter if you're just getting into Pokémon or have been into Pokémon for years. You WILL either watch the anime or buy merchandise based off of the anime because Ash helps make it more immediately recognizable or comfortable as Pokémon. Replacing the entire cast for a reset to zero, or even just replacing protagonists within the same continuity, would just be counterproductive to those goals.

At least, that's what marketing and business wisdom would suggest.

Last edited:

Master Pikachu 11

That’s not the point. Cinderace being a starter only matters for now where it’s at the apex of its popularity. In a hypothetical situation where Go is going to Gen 9’s series/region, he isn’t obligated to keep it or it could be in a situation like Ash’s Kanto starters in Johto where they stayed until they were phased out for other Pokémon. Being a starter doesn’t guarantee you get better treatment either otherwise Charizard & Greninja would’ve been back. Getting different treatment as a starter doesn’t save you from being replaced by the next set of new Pokémon .
There is a difference between Cinderrace’s situation and Greninja and Charizard’s situation. Cinderrace as I said before is pretty much the Pikachu of his team unlike those two, he is Goh’s first Pokémon that he caught and his main partner. The only reason it works with Ash, when it comes to the starter mons that he has caught is because none of them were his first Pokémon that he started his journey with. Pikachu is a starter Pokémon and Ash’s main partner and he travels with Ash everywhere, the same applies with Cinderrace as it is the Pokémon that helped Goh in getting his journey started and it travels with Goh on every journey that he goes to. It would be like Dawn not having Piplup with her in her return episodes. It just does not sit well with me to see him just leave his partner at the lab in order to stay on this series and promote the new Gen starters.
And I think it can happen. Satoshi is not the only one who wants to beat the World Champion, so the possibility of someone getting ahead of him exists.
Yeah pretty much every Master of 8 member wants to beat Leon, and Ash will take on Leon at series end, but even if he doesn’t beat him even though I still believe that he will. But if he doesn’t and we go with your line of thinking then I think that it would be bad story telling to have some Champion from Gen 9 come in out of no where to defeat Leon and then make Ash’s goal of defeating Leon like it is mentioned before every episode and when Ash mentions it in many episodes to re establish his goal to make it pointless just so they can continue this world traveling concept.

Status
Not open for further replies.