• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

desdar300

And I think it can happen. Satoshi is not the only one who wants to beat the World Champion, so the possibility of someone getting ahead of him exists.
Why build up Leon this entire time only to have him torn down and by extension cucking Ash?
From a writing standpoint it's ludicrous and we the audience would have absolutely no investment in this fight because it wasn't built up.
And as Almighty zard has stated there would literally be nothing stopping him from just remathing this person.

AxelJade

The person that the story is actually following is the Narrator. We are seeing everything through his eyes. He has been spying on Ash and his friends this whole time; hiding in trees, bushes, closets, and has managed to remain un-noticed by the characters throughout every journey. This is very relevant.
THAT'S when Ash is gonna finally step out and leave the show. Not because his character has reached a satisfying conclusion or because it's finally decided he's past his expiration date. When he finally sees the narrator, and it becomes clear he knows too much. At that point, he must be ushered out of the story and replaced with a different character who still does not realize the truth.

nickdt

Plottwist: The Narrator is Adult Ash Ketchum, who time travelled with the help of Celebi and is stuck in the past because Celebi left, so he needs to narrate his childhood, since if he doesn't the events of his childhood unfold differently and he will never meet Celebi, which means he is stuck in the past for eternity.

Rune Knight

He's the one who opened the window and made grookey sleep in Goh's arms! :p

Yeah, I figure that he probably sabotaged a lot of the events that influenced Ash and his friends journeys.

In fact, he was the one who took Bulbasaur and Charmander from Professor Oak in order to force Ash into getting a Pikachu, by disguising himself as two separate 10 year olds.

The guy is also a Master at disguise.

In fact.....

He was Tobias.

AxelJade

Yeah, I figure that he probably sabotaged a lot of the events that influenced Ash and his friends journeys.

In fact, he was the one who took Bulbasaur and Charmander from Professor Oak in order to force Ash into getting a Pikachu, by disguising himself as two separate 10 year olds.

The guy is also a Master at disguise.

In fact.....

He was Tobias.
DUN DUN DUN

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
There is a difference between Cinderrace’s situation and Greninja and Charizard’s situation. Cinderrace as I said before is pretty much the Pikachu of his team unlike those two, he is Goh’s first Pokémon that he caught and his main partner. The only reason it works with Ash, when it comes to the starter mons that he has caught is because none of them were his first Pokémon that he started his journey with. Pikachu is a starter Pokémon and Ash’s main partner and he travels with Ash everywhere, the same applies with Cinderrace as it is the Pokémon that helped Goh in getting his journey started and it travels with Goh on every journey that he goes to. It would be like Dawn not having Piplup with her in her return episodes. It just does not sit well with me to see him just leave his partner at the lab in order to stay on this series and promote the new Gen starters.
I disagree. I could easily see him leaving Cinderace at the lab to be like Ash’s Bulbasaur once he gets some of the newer Pokémon or a Pokémon he rotates in for harder catches. Everytime a Pokémon on the main cast is brought over from the previous series, it gets minimal focus and eventually fades into the background if it hasn’t been traded/released already. I don’t think it has to stay permanently if Goh continues to travel with Ash. Pikachu is the mascot of the entire franchise so obviously it was going to stay. Cinderace is just another flavor of the month starter.

AxelJade

I disagree. I could easily see him leaving Cinderace at the lab to be like Ash’s Bulbasaur once he gets some of the newer Pokémon or a Pokémon he rotates in for harder catches. Everytime a Pokémon on the main cast is brought over from the previous series, it gets minimal focus and eventually fades into the background if it hasn’t been traded/released already. I don’t think it has to stay permanently if Goh continues to travel with Ash. Pikachu is the mascot of the entire franchise so obviously it was going to stay. Cinderace is just another flavor of the month starter.
Again, though, Cinderace is Goh's very first Pokémon. That's quite a bit different from Ash's Bulbasaur. Very rarely, if ever, do characters in the anime take their very first Pokémon off of their teams. Sometimes, they do. But not very often. Even to begin with, Ash, Misty, and Brock (but mostly Ash and Brock) are the only constants that carried over between generations. Accordingly, they're the only frame of reference we have for companions carry over and trading out the old generation for the new.

Ash always keeps Pikachu, as established, but even back in Battle Frontier, he brought back Phanpy and evolved it into Donphan! Donphan wasn't getting any special treatment in Gen 3, and HGSS was still too far away for promoting a Johto Pokémon to make any sense. In Black and White, he brought back Charizard and Iris got Dragonite. Neither of those Pokémon were really relevant in Gen 5. You can't even argue that it made sense because Charizard was getting a Mega Evolution soon, because Ash didn't bring Charizard to Kalos. And now, in Journeys, Ash only has two Galar originals, Sirfetch'd and Dracovish. And Gengar can Gigantimax Lucario and its potential Mega Evolution aren't especially relevant anymore either. And Dragonite still gets nothing special in the games either.

Misty kept using Staryu and Psyduck a decent amount, and barely used Politoad at all in Johto. Sure, she used Corsola, but that's because even ignoring marketing, her Corsola's Recover was shown to make it look OP in the anime. When she eventually returned in the anime in Gen 3, her new addition was Gyarados, and this is years before Gyarados would later get a Mega Evolution. And we also never learn what Pokémon was her first, so if it was Staryu, she kept THAT the entire time.

And as for Brock, we never learn his first Pokémon either. But it took until Gen 4 for him to stop bringing and stop using Pokémon from previous generations. Heck, he left Ludicolo at the Pewter Gym partway through Gen 3, even though keeping THAT ball of energy around during ALL of Gen 3 would have made more sense.

Even if Goh carries over to Gen 9 (I personally don't WANT him to carry over, but if he does, he does), I don't see Cinderace going away or being given any less focus. Because unless it's unclear what their first Pokémon was, characters tend to always keep their firsts on their person. And the OG trio already proved that marketing doesn't always reflect what they'll keep, ditch, or bring back.

AxelJade

I think it's a bit a tad to early to say but I pray to the Lord Arceus that the Next Generation isn't going to just be a repeat of this because they really have a hard time balancing everything out as is for them to just add on a ninth region.
Quite frankly, I want to see Ash go on a solo journey, with more emphasis being put on the personalities of his Pokémon so that THEY can serve as his companions.

Then again, since I'm a huge fan of the Mystery Dungeon games, I'd rather see human characters as a whole be cut out of the franchise beyond how they enhance the experience of a Pokémon world. So there's that.

Panky..

Discord: Panky..#9281
The person that the story is actually following is the Narrator. We are seeing everything through his eyes. He has been spying on Ash and his friends this whole time; hiding in trees, bushes, closets, and has managed to remain un-noticed by the characters throughout every journey. This is very relevant.
The narrator's VA is that of Professor Oak's, just FYI.
Suddenly the scenes where we see Ash and his friends sleeping become horrifying
Sometimes he'll even go as far as hiding under Ash's bed.
tenor.gif

Ignition

We are so back Zygardebros
Again, though, Cinderace is Goh's very first Pokémon. That's quite a bit different from Ash's Bulbasaur. Very rarely, if ever, do characters in the anime take their very first Pokémon off of their teams. Sometimes, they do. But not very often. Even to begin with, Ash, Misty, and Brock (but mostly Ash and Brock) are the only constants that carried over between generations. Accordingly, they're the only frame of reference we have for companions carry over and trading out the old generation for the new.
Out of the 5 characters that have been in multiple regions (Ash, Misty, Brock, Jessie, James) as MCs, all but one of them (Ash) have gotten rid of their starter in the next generation. Every other companion that has kept their first hasn’t been a MC after their debut so they’d have no need to feel as obligated to gravitate more towards the newer Pokémon for promotion.
Ash always keeps Pikachu, as established, but even back in Battle Frontier, he brought back Phanpy and evolved it into Donphan! Donphan wasn't getting any special treatment in Gen 3, and HGSS was still too far away for promoting a Johto Pokémon to make any sense. In Black and White, he brought back Charizard and Iris got Dragonite. Neither of those Pokémon were really relevant in Gen 5. You can't even argue that it made sense because Charizard was getting a Mega Evolution soon, because Ash didn't bring Charizard to Kalos. And now, in Journeys, Ash only has two Galar originals, Sirfetch'd and Dracovish. And Gengar can Gigantimax Lucario and its potential Mega Evolution aren't especially relevant anymore either. And Dragonite still gets nothing special in the games either.
I never said that the anime only uses the newer Pokémon. I said that the newest batch gets the majority of the attention and that’s reflected in the MCs’ teams. Donphan especially got barely anything compared to his other main team members during the Battle Frontier. Fan service is still a thing as seen with Charizard’s return in BW. We’re still going to get our obligatory Gen 1 and shillmon episodes/focus as seen with Lucario & Eevee. Point is that those examples are massively outnumbered by the number of Hoenn/Unova Pokémon that get focus. Journeys is in a weird in between because it’s more celebratory but Galar is still getting the most focus next to Kanto. The two most developed Pokémon on Ash’s team rn, Sirfetch’d & Lucario, are highly marketable Pokémon for the two focus regions of Gen 8 (Galar & Sinnoh).
Misty kept using Staryu and Psyduck a decent amount, and barely used Politoad at all in Johto. Sure, she used Corsola, but that's because even ignoring marketing, her Corsola's Recover was shown to make it look OP in the anime. When she eventually returned in the anime in Gen 3, her new addition was Gyarados, and this is years before Gyarados would later get a Mega Evolution. And we also never learn what Pokémon was her first, so if it was Staryu, she kept THAT the entire time.
This is true but there’s also the potential that it could be Starmie (being her in game ace) which was off the team relatively quick. Still, her only in game Pokémon were still pushed back for more marketable Pokémon like Poliwag/Poliwhirl/Politoed, Psyduck, Togepi, and even some of Gyarados.
And as for Brock, we never learn his first Pokémon either. But it took until Gen 4 for him to stop bringing and stop using Pokémon from previous generations. Heck, he left Ludicolo at the Pewter Gym partway through Gen 3, even though keeping THAT ball of energy around during ALL of Gen 3 would have made more sense.
We did though? His first was Onix. There’s an episode in AG where he reveals Onix was gift from his dad. He has also always used Pokémon from the previous generation as Bonsly went with him. Those Pokémon were almost always in the background. I remember seeing Vulpix on more merchandise than all of his OS Pokémon combined (bar maybe Onix because it’s his ace). Forretress returned in AG yet Mudkip & some of Ludicolo got the majority of focus. In BF, Ludicolo was dropped but pretty much all of Brock’s focus went with using Marshtomp (generational starter) or Bonsly (tease for the upcoming games). DP Brock had it easy with a returning Bonsly that evolved early on, Croagunk as a popular mon, and Happiny for both the obligatory babymon and 4th Gen promotion.
Even if Goh carries over to Gen 9 (I personally don't WANT him to carry over, but if he does, he does), I don't see Cinderace going away or being given any less focus. Because unless it's unclear what their first Pokémon was, characters tend to always keep their firsts on their person.
Again, I disagree. For the record, I’m not writing off the notion as I could still see it happening. I just don’t think he needs to have Cinderace for him to be returning. Pretty much every character that keeps their first has their first relevant to the generation that they’re MCs for. They don’t need to worry about the next generation because they’ll be gone by then
And the OG trio already proved that marketing doesn't always reflect what they'll keep, ditch, or bring back.
Marketing influenced their team more than it didn’t. Yeah, you have your Muk, Forretress, & Goldeen who are mostly just filler but it’s not a coincidence that these type of captures aren’t seen a lot.

Pikachu111213

Traveler
Almost 15 episodes since the blue lizard went in the cave and still haven’t done anything with it since.

It almost like writers don’t know/care on what to do with him xD.
The whole “pupa state” thing was just a dumb excuse to throw him aside and let him evolve quickly into inteleon (and likely over nothing).

if the games mention anything about drizzile being like this though, please correct me

Status
Not open for further replies.