• Hi all. We have had reports of member's signatures being edited to include malicious content. You can rest assured this wasn't done by staff and we can find no indication that the forums themselves have been compromised.

However, remember to keep your passwords secure. If you use similar logins on multiple sites, people and even bots may be able to access your account.

We always recommend using unique passwords and enable two-factor authentication if possible. Make sure you are secure.
  • Be sure to join the discussion on our discord at: Discord.gg/serebii
  • If you're still waiting for the e-mail, be sure to check your junk/spam e-mail folders

Pocket Monsters (2019) Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

AxelJade

I know this sounds mean but I forgot ash has a full team, he mainly uses Pikachu and to think people were complaining that lucario would get all the attention. I know he's training off screen but it would be nice to see dragonite or any other pokemon battle again.
I literally do not care if Dragonite battles ever again. OLM could make a whole 52 episode spinoff series where every episode is just Dragonite hugging someone or something for the entire half hour, and I would be happy.

ImBeVillain

No more six members
hey guys, what if Lucario learned a Magnet Rise in offscreen? Cause this is a electric move and notice this title of this episode is "Super Electromagnetic Hyper Class Battle".
Electromagnetic - Magnet Rise...

Sounds suspicious?

Locormus

Can we please get the older, old forum back?
No it sounds more like a Marvel villain instead, somebody that Spider-Man would fight.

The Tinkerer is literally a Spidey Villain. The Filterer isn't that far off.. xD

I know this sounds mean but I forgot ash has a full team, he mainly uses Pikachu and to think people were complaining that lucario would get all the attention. I know he's training off screen but it would be nice to see dragonite or any other pokemon battle again.

It's not mean. I never wanted Ash to instantly get loaded with powerhouses. I'm sorry, but I kinda miss the AG/DP-days when the team would grow and develop along with Ash throughout the region. I mean BW handled the majority of evolutions terribly, XY had Hawlucha and Goodra forced quite soon (and again ditched Goodra soon after) so you only felt that with Talonflame and Greninja. SM was a joke, but I guess it gave Ash's pokemon enough character to care about when something did happen (Lycanroc and Torracat in particular).

Honestly having a Dragonite, Gengar and Lucario so soon in the series caused me to disconnect.

aipomadvanceshipper

The Tinkerer is literally a Spidey Villain. The Filterer isn't that far off.. xD

It's not mean. I never wanted Ash to instantly get loaded with powerhouses. I'm sorry, but I kinda miss the AG/DP-days when the team would grow and develop along with Ash throughout the region. I mean BW handled the majority of evolutions terribly, XY had Hawlucha and Goodra forced quite soon (and again ditched Goodra soon after) so you only felt that with Talonflame and Greninja. SM was a joke, but I guess it gave Ash's pokemon enough character to care about when something did happen (Lycanroc and Torracat in particular).

Honestly having a Dragonite, Gengar and Lucario so soon in the series caused me to disconnect.
Everything is done off screen now. Ash should be using his team more they need more development

Kungfu-Bear

Looks like Ash's Lucario is probably a monster at this point. It always bothered me how a baby Pokémon that has just hatched from its egg only took a few 'weeks' of training to go head-to-head with the main Pokémon of one of the world's top-ranked trainers. Even if they showed his training on screen (and they actually did, some of it), I would find it hard to believe that would be so easily possible, unless idk, Pikachu had left Grapploct much more injured than he actually was in that battle.

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
It's not mean. I never wanted Ash to instantly get loaded with powerhouses. I'm sorry, but I kinda miss the AG/DP-days when the team would grow and develop along with Ash throughout the region.

Thing is if it was another trainer there wouldn't be a problem, but when you constantly do it with the same guy for 5 gens in a row, (Kanto and Jouto weren't resets) it gets boring.

I mean BW handled the majority of evolutions terribly, XY had Hawlucha and Goodra forced quite soon (and again ditched Goodra soon after) so you only felt that with Talonflame and Greninja. SM was a joke, but I guess it gave Ash's pokemon enough character to care about when something did happen (Lycanroc and Torracat in particular).

Hoenn was no better off than Kalos or Alola, Ash pretty much ran through all 3 of those regions with 4 pokemon, sure he got six by the time of the league, but the teams never felt complete, and the remaining 2 members felt like they were just there for the sake of team completion

they are pokemon that reflect what Ash's skill should be when he's not getting slammed by the reset button.

To be honest i'm also hoping Pikachu sits out the upcoming hyper class battle unless they plan on having it go and have it beat Luxray, since it already beat Electivire, and we've seen it beat a Jolteon in the past.

I know some would like to see how it fares against Volkner's Raichu, but considering it didn't get to finish fighting Visquez's they might as well hold off another Pikachu vs Raichu battle until Ash fights Surge.

AxelJade

For me, I have legitimately never cared about whether or not Ash's team reflects what his actual skill is. Nothing against Ash. He's one of my favorite characters in the franchise, but as I've stated previously, I do NOT care about the humans of this franchise nearly as much as everyone else.

For me, the trade-off has always been the stories and character arcs of Ash's Pokémon. Those make it all worth it. Charizard's obedience. Bayleaf's love of Ash. Sceptile's broken heart. Snorunt's Ice Beam. Literally everything to do with Chimchar. Gligar learning to battle and gaining confidence. Aipom and Buizel learning they're more compatible with each other's Trainers. Gible's Draco Meteor. And so on and so forth. That's what I care more about than anything else.

By giving Ash Pokémon that are already fully evolved or evolving in a shorter span of time without giving them an obvious character arc to follow and develop, Pokémon Journeys sacrifices ALL of that.

Last edited:

Almighty Zard

He has returned.
For me, I have legitimately never cared about whether or not Ash's team reflects what his actual skill is. Nothing against Ash. He's one of my favorite characters in the franchise, but as I've stated previously, I do NOT care about the humans of this franchise nearly as much as everyone else.

Well some people do like them, but to each there own.
For me, the trade-off has always been the stories and character arcs of Ash's Pokémon. Those make it all worth it.

You only mention a handful for what it's worth, and even then not all were hits, alot were misses.
Aipom and Buizel learning they're more compatible with each other's Trainers.

Yet despite this, they still got used in what their original owners professions were, more so with Aipom.

Not everyone was a fan of the trade either, especially since in the end, Dawn got shortchanged since Ambipom ended up leaving her.

Gible's Draco Meteor.

I look back on this one as both a hit and a miss because while Gible was a nice addition and a first dragon to Ash, but the fact that they spammed Draco meteor so much made it feel to me like they only gave it to Ash to promote that attack, because there only a couple of times where Ash was not training it to use that move, i perfer pokemon to be abit more free than that when it comes to training, which is one of the reasons i don't mind the off-screen training that started with unova.
By giving Ash Pokémon that are already fully evolved or evolving in a shorter span of time without giving them an obvious character arc to follow and develop, Pokémon Journeys sacrifices ALL of that.

Look I like seeing characterization in pokemon too, but I also care more for seeing pokemon battle than anything else, because that is my personal preference to watching the show.

but that's what things boil down to, what you like watching the show for, and agree to disagree on things.

I can see Ash using Quilava, Rowlet and Oshawott for PLA promotion at some point this year.

I wouldn't mind this, but i want them to evolve if they come back...meaing Rowlet needs to let go of the stone.

desdar300

Well some people do like them, but to each there own.

You only mention a handful for what it's worth, and even then not all were hits, alot were misses.

Yet despite this, they still got used in what their original owners professions were, more so with Aipom.

Not everyone was a fan of the trade either, especially since in the end, Dawn got shortchanged since Ambipom ended up leaving her.

I look back on this one as both a hit and a miss because while Gible was a nice addition and a first dragon to Ash, but the fact that they spammed Draco meteor so much made it feel to me like they only gave it to Ash to promote that attack, because there only a couple of times where Ash was not training it to use that move, i perfer pokemon to be abit more free than that when it comes to training, which is one of the reasons i don't mind the off-screen training that started with unova.

Look I like seeing characterization in pokemon too, but I also care more for seeing pokemon battle than anything else, because that is my personal preference to watching the show.

but that's what things boil down to, what you like watching the show for, and agree to disagree on things.

I wouldn't mind this, but i want them to evolve if they come back...meaing Rowlet needs to let go of the stone.
I feel like this is a series were both camps take an L because it's Pokemon are kind of OneNote and aside from Pikachu and maybe Dragonite they hardly ever get a chance to shine and battle especially with how sparse the matches are.
He has Pokemon that reflect his skills maybe but they're essentially in the background most of the time.

Status
Not open for further replies.